Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the rest of Asia caught up with China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the rest of Asia caught up with China?

The rest being Iran, Lebanon and Jordan. Iran has been to the Olympics, Lebanon has beaten France, and now Jordan in great shape to be three times Jones Cup Champions. And of course, adding a naturalized player further boosts their cause in next month's Fiba Asia Championships. Whats your thoughts?

I'm confused with the question. I thought Asia is supposed to be composed of many countries. Not just 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
      I'm confused with the question. Are you pointing out the member countries of the continent or just those 3 teams??
      Okay forgot to add the Philippines and South Korea. They are my darkhorses in next months tourney. But they have to get their naturalized player to compete with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by korube bryant View Post
        Okay forgot to add the Philippines and South Korea. They are my darkhorses in next months tourney. But they have to get their naturalized player to compete with the big boys.
        I don't think you need to add the Philippines in the mix. At least not yet.
        South Korea has always been a perennial contender so they should be thrown in there. Although Kazakhstan may be struggling now, If their 3 missing players could make it to Tianjin then they could have a chance. And Qatar's having some high moments lately despite their aging players. Japan shouldn't be counted out also.

Comment

The rest being Iran, Lebanon and Jordan. Iran has been to the Olympics, Lebanon has beaten France, and now Jordan in great shape to be three times Jones Cup Champions. And of course, adding a naturalized player further boosts their cause in next month's Fiba Asia Championships. Whats your thoughts?
          Until Yao Ming officially retires from the Chinese NT, they will remain as the number 1 team in Asia.
          The main reason why this years' Championship is interesting is cuz Yao Ming is injured and not playing ans thus some other Asian teams have a small chance against China.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            Until Yao Ming officially retires from the Chinese NT, they will remain as the number 1 team in Asia.
            The main reason why this years' Championship is interesting is cuz Yao Ming is injured and not playing ans thus some other Asian teams have a small chance against China.
            Even a healthy Yao Ming cannot guarantee a win for China. South Korea beat them in the 2002 Asian Games final with Yao Ming in there.

Comment

Even a healthy Yao Ming cannot guarantee a win for China. South Korea beat them in the 2002 Asian Games final with Yao Ming in there.
              With the help of horrible officiating.

Comment

Well we beat France in the 2006 World Championships . Does that make us better than them ?

If South Korea plays China 10 times they might be able to beat them once while China wins the other 9 games.

Comment

Asian basketball for me is the Big Five of the Far East (China, South Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan) and the Big Five of the Middle East (Lebanon, Iran, Jordan, Qatar and Syria)...

But I don't think anyone can surpassed or had caught up with China yet... even without Yao Ming.. I mean if they're able to dominate Asia for about 15-20 years before Yao Ming.. then surely, when Yao Ming retires they can still maintain such dominance... but this is the 21st Century, about 15 years ago nobody would've thought about Lebanon or Iran as a threat in Asian basketball but at the turn of the century... its a whole different story... Lebanon and Iran are now definite contenders, and so was Jordan... the only contending countries from the East are China and South Korea... and they're definitely the Top 5... based on recent performances not on history...

sigpic

Comment

well, if you count Israel and Russia as Asian countries, I'd say yes.

but if u don't, then a big NO to your question

Comment

Imagine this lineup:

PG: FADI EL KHATIB 198cm
                      SG: BRYAN BECHARA 204cm
                      SF: MATT FREIJE 208cm
                      PF: JACKSON VROMAN 208cm
                      C : DANIEL FARIS 206cm

I think Lebanon can beat china ( I wrote can, and can means that they hhave a chance) with or without YAO.
                      I AM LEBANESE!!!

Comment

Can you?

Originally posted by RAWAD View Post
                        Imagine this lineup:

I think Lebanon can beat china ( I wrote can, and can means that they hhave a chance) with or without YAO.
                        can :–auxiliary verb 1. to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
                        2. to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
                        3. to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.

Comment

Originally posted by RAWAD View Post
                          Imagine this lineup:

Freije and Vroman together? They are both naturalized right? That means only one of them can play, but not together
                          Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline View Post
                            Freije and Vroman together? They are both naturalized right? That means only one of them can play, but not together
                            Freijie has lebanese ancestry.

Comment

re

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                              With the help of horrible officiating.

u think 2001 East Asian Game was also with the help of horrible officiating?

and only once in 10 times?

at least.. in recent 10 games, we aleady proved 2 times.
                              (01 EAG, 02 Asian Games)
                              (doesn't count record vs their 2nd team.. like 09 East Asian Games)
                              http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_ind...d=530301&pt=nv

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information