Basketball Show Brasil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Show Brasil

Anderson Varejão and now Leandrinho Barbosa are trying to get some NBA players to attend this charity event in Brazil.

Here is a bit from the official site translated by google

Basketball Show - Charity Game in 2009 together with Brazilian and international stars and celebrities to raise resources that will be donated to HOPE Unlimited. To attend, fans will have the opportunity to be part and witness the high-level basketball, while also contributing to an important question.
    http://www.basketballshow.com.br/

The other players already set to show in this game are: Shawm Marion (Dallas Mavericks), Drew Gooden (San Antonio Spurs) and Devin Brown (New Orleans Hornets).

I hope they can land a big name to play, this things are really important to help Brazil expanding basketball exposure and popularity.

So far they have:

Varejão, Leandrinho, Danny Granger, Drew Gooden, Devin Brown, Shawn Marion and Keith Bogans.

I am still waiting for a big name. The event will happen August 9 in Maracanãzinho arena (Rio de Janeiro).

Comment

They announced the brazilian players that were invited.

Alex (Brasília-DF)
      Guilherme Giovanonni (Virtus-ITA)
      J.P Batista (Le Mans-FRA)
      Marcelinho Huertas (Bologna-ITA)
      Jefferson William (Flamengo-RJ)
      Marcelinho Machado (Flamengo-RJ)
      Tiago Splitter (Tau Ceramica-ESP)
      Fúlvio (Paulistano-SP)
      Duda Machado (Flamengo-RJ)
      Alexandre ‘Olivinha’ (Pinheiros-SP)

Comment

Can anyone who is familiar, please private message me...

The team from Bradley University, NCAA Division I, is traveling this week to Brazil to play several games.

Here is a link to their schedule, and they will also play in a tournament in Sao Carlos,EPTV Cup of Basketball
        (Copa EPTV de Basquete)

If anyone is familiar with any of the teams and can help me out, please let me know.
        I also would like to know of any internet sites in Brazil that might cover those games and report on them, thank you.

Comment

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -- Brazilians Anderson Varejao of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns have teamed up to promote a charity game with stars from the National Basketball Association.

Shawn Marion, Danny Granger, Drew Gooden, Keith Bogans and Coby Karl were some of the NBA players on court at the Maracanazinho gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday. Cleveland coach Mike Brown also participated.

The team called Friends of Leandrinho beat the Friends of Varejao 116-110.

Varejao also announced Sunday that he will soon feature as a comic book character for kids in Brazil.
          Source: NBA.com

Comment

Some pictures of the event: Link

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information