Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Three (3) Asian Basketball National Teams in History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Three (3) Asian Basketball National Teams in History?

Objectively, what are the top three asian basketball teams in history and why? please support your choices with a little info as why you think they belong to top 3. Consider number of medals won, prestige of tournament, quality of opponents...etc.. thanks

1.China asian - dominance. nuff said...
    2. Philippines - 5 asian titles, olympics 5th placer, Fiba World 3rd Placer
    3. Korea/ Japan - used to be always at the top 4 Asian titles at a number of times.

Comment

Maybe this will provide an in-depth summary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Asia_Championships

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08 View Post
        1.China asian - dominance. nuff said...
        2. Philippines - 5 asian titles, olympics 5th placer, Fiba World 3rd Placer
        3. Korea/ Japan - used to be always at the top 4 Asian titles at a number of times.
        no only team have dominance. all nt have championships are dominance everytime.
        ================================================== =========================================

Comment

Top 3 in Asian history..

1.)Philippines-dominated in early years 1920-1985
          2.)China- dominated in recent years 1990's until today
          3.)Korea- busan 2002 champion, always in the top3 in the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by talion View Post
            Objectively, what are the top three asian basketball teams in history and why? please support your choices with a little info as why you think they belong to top 3. Consider number of medals won, prestige of tournament, quality of opponents...etc.. thanks
            is it just me or is this becoming redundant?
            You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by talion View Post
              20th century...when RP use to dominate Asian basketball..

RP - China - Korea

my top 3 since the 21st century...when the rest of Asia learned how to play basketball lolz

China - Lebanon - Iran
              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post

RP - China - Korea

my top 3 since the 21st century...when the rest of Asia learned how to play basketball lolz

China - Lebanon - Iran
                i agree
                KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post

RP - China - Korea

China - Lebanon - Iran
                  back then we were busy killing each other man hahahahaha
                  now we're taking a break from wars, so we thought we'll learn how to play basketball, kick some ass until our break is over
                  GODSPEED Lebanon!!
                  Vote for your NT in the upcoming Asian Championship

Comment

historically i will choose definitely phillipines,china korea/japan( still undecided between those 2)

however now the west asian teams are getting really strong and became real contenders to the titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus1984 View Post
                      back then we were busy killing each other man hahahahaha
                      now we're taking a break from wars, so we thought we'll learn how to play basketball, kick some ass until our break is over
                      hehehe yes im with you also

Comment

I will say that the first basketball team in asia is definetly CHINA historicaly and the only team who can beat CHINA in the 21st century is proudly LEBANON and for information the only team who take CHINA to the overtime is LEBANON IN 2003 so proudly i can say that the top 3 teams now are:
                        1.CHINA
                        2.LEBANON
                        3.IRAN
                        and this classification will maybe change after august 2009 in the asian championchip with a very strong team "LEBANON" WHO HAD 60% TO BE CHAMP of asia with 2 new players MATT FREIJE & DANIEL FARES & with the leader of our team the "TIGER" FADI EL KHATID & and we have an advantage that yao ming is injured,SO WE ARE THE CHAMPION 2009.....
                        GO LEBANON

Comment

lallous ... we're talking about history :P i disagree with you

i believe Philippines comes in the number 1 spot

1- Philippines (they got bronze medal in the 1959 or 1963 world championship)
                          2- China ... being 9th in fiba ranking today.
                          3- im not sure about korea and japan ... maybe they've done some good surprises that i'm not aware of ...

Lebanon/Iran come 4th, since Lebanon was able to beat France in the 2006 WC, and Iran was able to go to the olympics and get a gold medal inthe Asian championship.
                          GODSPEED Lebanon!!
                          Vote for your NT in the upcoming Asian Championship

Comment

yes maximus :P:P
                            for sure in Asia basketball history :
                            1-china (unbeatable and have first rank in asia ,stong team ,have many stars like yao ming one of the best international players)
                            2-philippines one of the best teams in the world from 1960 to 1973 when the RP RISE and Chinese shine!!!(1954--->RP 3 in the world ,when they won against france the bronze medal)
                            3-koria was one of the best teams in Asia in the past years

(china:16 medals)
                            (RP:8 medals)
                            (koria:22 medals)

about Lebanon in these years lebanon dosent there is a play named BASKETBALL,Lebanon in these years know one thing WAR !!!
                            Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

PAST: RP
                              CHINA
                              KOREA

PRESENT: CHINA
                              LEBANON
                              IRAN

FUTURE:?
                              ?
                              ?

am HOPING the smart gilas program would put us back on track towards the top

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information