Rentzias retired..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rentzias retired..?

Τα σημαντικότερα αθλητικά νέα της ημέρας στο SPORT24. Αθλητικές ειδήσεις, αρθρογραφία και ρεπορτάζ για ποδόσφαιρο, μπάσκετ και τα υπόλοιπα αθλήματα

Once the best product of big basketball, this overrated bigman has just retired from basketball..
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Imo this is very sad. I hoped that he'd at least end his career with a solid season for PAOK. I still remember 1995, when Greece won the Gold at the Junior WC (I was in the arena that night) and Rentzias received the MVP award and was regarded as one of the biggest talents in the World.
    Now he ends his career at the age of only 30, not having achieved all the big things people expected from him, on the one hand he wasted his talent, on the other hand he also was plagued by injuries - but no matter what...this end is just sad. Still I'd like to say thanks for this magnificent night in Athens 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifilli
      Still I'd like to say thanks for this magnificent night in Athens 1995.
      Ok, I can live with that... I was there in both the semi and the final game.
      He was very good back then, but hardly anything else in his career (and I am a PAOK fan..).
      Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Rentzias announced his retirement in the age of 30!!!

Moved here from the EL forum. JCN.
        Last edited by Juan Carlos Nadal; 08-09-2006, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Rentzias wasn't overrated, he just didn't work hard. And he wasn't one of the best players in the world at his age, he was by far the best player in the world at his age.
          We have a good national team now, but it's really sad that none of those players from 1995 turned out to be good, with the exception of Kakiouzis (who is a good player but makes much less money than overrated "stars" like Marbury and Carter who were members of the U.S. team in that tournament).
          http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was anticipating his arrival at PAOK, several months ago he said in an interview that he wanted to come back, if PAOK needed him. I think we defenitely could have used him.

I hope Stojakovic won't do the same...

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information