Mouhamed Saer Sene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouhamed Saer Sene

What do you think of this young kid from Senegal and playing in Belgium? From the Hoops Summit game he appeared to be the second Hakeem Olajuwon!

PS: I heard like many African soccer/football players, his real age is in question.
    Last edited by stuart; 07-18-2006, 07:57 PM.
    aim low, score high

Originally posted by sinobball
    What do you think of this young kid from Senegal and playing in Belgium? From the Hoops Summit game he appeared to be the second Hakeem Olajuwon!

PS: I heard like many African soccer/football players, his real age is in question.
    Yeah, African (in general) and Chinese players seem to have the same suspicions of their ages....Either way, he was on point. He was by far the best player on the international squad and at times dominated the U.S. big men. He's raw, kinda reminds me of Samuel Dalembert. He has the size (and wingspan) and speed to make most NBA GMs drool. He has no shot (atleast from what little I saw of him).

I hope he doesn't come to the NBA right away, he needs to develop his game better. NBA coaches don't teach as much and are less patient.
    Last edited by stuart; 07-18-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

i agree on what czark said, somewhat. defensively the guy is sound in my opinion. 9 BLOCKS!!! the top players fromt he u.s. squad many of whom are goin to high profiled schools like UNC, DUKE, etc did not even want to go inside on him and if they did it was swatted!!! if im not mistaken the commentator said he stands @ 7 feet. and has a wingspan of 7-8 or 7-9. friggin nuts!! i saw the game and he is amazing. again i just hope he doesnt go in the nba right away. he needs more development. and probly as big as he is already probably a bit more tuned to handle the 82 games and demands of an NBA season. i wish him the best of luck though. id like to see him in the NBA someday. as much as a criticizer and fan of yao, id like to see yao get swat by this guy.
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

8 minute highlight of Saer Sene. INCREADIBLE

An 8 minute highlight reel of 7-foot Senegalese Center Saer Sene, a likely top 25 pick in this year's draft, uploaded by http://www.draftexpress.com. Sene ha...
        "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
        -El Padrino

Comment

Well, you can forget about Sene staying over in Europe. The Sonics signed him today, so he'll either be with the big club in Seattle or will be playing in Boise for the Idaho Stampede - the Sonics D-League affiliate.

Comment

Mouhamed Saer Sene

And apparently he is doing well in the summer league, ESPN says that the kid could make a difference for the Sonics - not hard to make everyone forget Jerome James...

Sene: Sultan of summer swats By Tim Buckley, Special to ESPN.com

TAYLORSVILLE, Utah -- Scouts said Mouhamed Saer Sene would be
            a big-time project.

Had they seen his three games so far at the Rocky Mountain Revue summer league, they might have projected he'll contribute sooner than originally thought.

Sene -- taken 10th overall by Seattle in last month's NBA draft -- scored 13 points on 5 of 8 shooting, pulled down six rebounds and blocked five shots while logging 28 minutes in the Sonics' 76-75 overtime win over Utah on Monday night at Salt Lake Community College.

The 7-foot Senegalese center's array of mostly inside shots included a dunk, a short hook and a soft jumper. But it was his blocks -- including two on Jazz second-round pick Paul Millsap in the final two minutes of regulation -- that really impressed.

"He's in the right position most of the time, he has tremendous quickness off the floor and anticipates where to get blocked shots from,'' said Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin, who coached Utah's Revue team Monday.

"It's an incredible knack,'' added Corbin, who had a 15-year, eight-team NBA playing career. "I mean, a lot of guys don't have it. They have the size, but they don't have the timing and the quickness to get off or the right positioning to get the shot blocked.''

With the Sonics' two other young centers not playing in the Revue -- Johan Petro is currently with the French national team, and Robert Swift is here but focusing on individual workouts and scrimmages -- Sene will be given ample opportunity to show he deserves regular-season playing time.

Corbin worked twice with Sene when Utah had him in for a pair of
            auditions; the Jazz had their eye on the athletic 20-year-old, but saw him go to the Sonics before they got a chance to select at No. 14. And he, for one, thinks Sene could see that playing time come quite early.

"He's a little bit more advanced basketball-wise than I thought just seeing him in individual workouts,'' Corbin said. "Offensively, he's a little bit more advanced than I thought, too, because he made some good moves down there.'' (more)
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information