Cocaba Championships 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocaba Championships 2006

Does this tournament qualify you for anything or is it just like for fun?
    "you aint heard being latin is in style your the s**t now with that black hair brown eye profile" Aztek Escobar

Originally posted by Edgar Lopez
    Does this tournament qualify you for anything or is it just like for fun?
    I think its a qualifier for CentroBasket. I will research aboutt he tournament later
    sigpic

Comment

2006 COCABA Championship for mens
      sigpic

Comment

I am not sure what the roster for the mexican team is, but they should do well in this tournament.

This is a qualifier for Centrobasket 2006 and also for the FIBA Americas Championship in 2007. It also says this are all qualifiers for the 2008 Olimpics.

Does anyone know if Najera or Quintero are playing?

Costa Rica's team looks pretty good, they got a bunch of guys from NCAA. Thay are already on 1st place of their group.

This tournament seems a little too spread out, it starts on March 22 and finishes on May 20th, is there a reason for this?
        2008... Beijing, China
        2010... Vancouver, Canada
        2012... London, United Kingdom
        2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
        2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

Comment

Originally posted by 23_for_life
          I am not sure what the roster for the mexican team is, but they should do well in this tournament.

This is a qualifier for Centrobasket 2006 and also for the FIBA Americas Championship in 2007. It also says this are all qualifiers for the 2008 Olimpics.

Does anyone know if Najera or Quintero are playing?

Costa Rica's team looks pretty good, they got a bunch of guys from NCAA. Thay are already on 1st place of their group.

This tournament seems a little too spread out, it starts on March 22 and finishes on May 20th, is there a reason for this?

Najera said he will play and omar quintero im almost certain that he will play
          "you aint heard being latin is in style your the s**t now with that black hair brown eye profile" Aztek Escobar

Comment

Nuggets' last game if the Clippers win the next 2 games will be on Monday, if Denver wins one or two more, then Najera won't be available until May 6th, this is considering Denver does not make it to the next round.

Mexico's first game at the COCABA is on Tuesday May 2nd, it is going to be hard for Najera to be at this game.

And isn't the same problem for Quintero? He is currently playing somewhere in Europe right?
            2008... Beijing, China

Comment

this is a minor tournament
              why would they play?
              I think that they have enough to make it past this tournament.

Mexico should start preparing for CentroBasket in Panama where they will have a good chance to getone of the 4 spots available.

In fact, I will make a thread of CentroBasket soon.
              sigpic

Comment

You are right, I hope we do have enough to get past this tournament.

It would be good though if the team that is going to CentroBasket starts playing together and not just make a team a few weeks before CentroBasket starts.

We need to start putting a team together and they need to get to play together for a while to get the chemistry needed if we want good results in future competitions.
                2008... Beijing, China

Comment

ww.latinbasket.com

NATIONAL TEAM FOR MEXICO

Head Coach Jose Francisco Ramirez along with Assistant Coaches Jorge Leon and Angel Gonzalez selected the following players for the qualification games against Belize:
                  Enrique Gonzalez (205-C-68)
                  Jorge Rochin (202-F-78, college: Portland)
                  Victor Avila (209-C-77, college: Oklahoma)
                  Horacio Llamas (211-C-73, agency: Interperformances)
                  Miguel Ayala (198-F/G-82, college: Fullerton JC)
                  Javier Gonzalez Rex (186-G-72)
                  Enrique Zuniga (193-G-75, college: Grand Canyon)
                  Jesus Ramses Benitez (209-C-79)
                  Karim Malpica (190-G-78, agency: World Sport Agency)
                  Arim Abdul Solares (202-F-83)
                  Alonso Izaguirre (200-G/F-76)
                  Richard Lopez (192-G-78, college: Cal.Baptist)

alternate players for the COCABA Series will be Victor Mariscal (198-F-72), Oscar Castellanos (187-G-68) and Florentino Chavez (190-G/F-71).
                  Mexico plays today it's first games in Belize and should be favourites to win this series.

Eh i wanted to see watson play in this tournament but he said he would be busy during the summer with mexico's national team so what gives?

Comment

Nevermind what i said about earl watson

GOING SOUTH: Because his maternal grandparents are Mexican, Sonics guard Earl Watson has decided to join the Mexican National Team this summer and will work out in Mexico beginning in August. It's Watson's first taste of international experience.

"I've got to be in the best shape of my career," he said. "It will be good because we get to play in Mexico and then South America."

Watson averaged 11.5 points and 5.4 assists in 24 games after being acquired from Denver.

Comment

Does anybody knows the scores for MNT of the last games??? Latinbasket.com has not updated their website and I don't seem to find this info anywhere else...
                      2008... Beijing, China

Comment

sigpic

Comment

no, this info is available, but they played other games already, I think on 5/7 and 5/9.. but no info is available
                          2008... Beijing, China

Comment

Mexico 113 Belize 67

PLAYA DEL CARMEN - Mexico defeated Belize 113-67 as COCABA Tournament rolled on in Quintana Roo.

Oscar Castellanos, Horacio Llamas and Karim Malpica helped the Mexicans get the win.

The first half ended 61-32 in favor of the hosts.

Today they will play the second game of this series.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information