Euroleague Awards 2005/2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Awards 2005/2006

After Drew Nicholas (Benetton) won the Alphonso Ford Top Scorer Trophy (18.4ppg) and Dimitris Diamantidis (Panathinaikos) was awarded the Best Defender Trophy for the 2nd time in a row, another Benetton player won the next trophy: Andrea Bargnani was awarded the Rising Star Trophy for the best EL player under 22 years. Congrats!

In addition to that the 2005-06 All-Euroleague Nominees were announced:

PG:
    Pablo Prigioni (TAU)
    Theo Papaloukas (CSKA)

SG/SF:
    Juan Carlos Navarro (Barcelona)
    Anthony Parker (Maccabi)
    Vassilis Spanoulis (Panathinaikos)
    Trajan Langdon (CSKA)

PF/C:
    Darjus Lavrinovic (Zalgiris)
    Luis Scola (TAU)
    Jorge Garbajosa (Unicaja)
    Nikola Vuijcic (Maccabi)

The results will be announced on Saturday, April 29th.

Has EL maybee announced the number of votes players got for "Rising star" trophy.
    I like the fact that coaches decide who'll receive it and not some journalists (considering the ammount of journalists credible for european bball, that would be tottally unfair and impossible), but I am still interested in how much votes did Jankunas, Halperin, Splitter, Bellinelli and others receive... so far I know Splitter was the 2nd and that's about it
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
      Has EL maybee announced the number of votes players got for "Rising star" trophy.
      I like the fact that coaches decide who'll receive it and not some journalists (considering the ammount of journalists credible for european bball, that would be tottally unfair and impossible), but I am still interested in how much votes did Jankunas, Halperin, Splitter, Bellinelli and others receive... so far I know Splitter was the 2nd and that's about it
      I have actually no clue about the number of votes each player received, I can tell you who was on the 3rd and 4th place though
      Bargnani won in front of Splitter, Sofoklis Schortsianitis got the 3rd place, while Belinelli was 4th.

Comment

Anthony Parker from Maccabi Tel Aviv is the 2005-2006 Euroleague MVP and received the trophy yesterday. Congrats!

The 2005-2006 All-Euroleague Team has been announced as well, here it is:

G - Theo Papaloukas (CSKA)
        G - Juan Carlos Navarro (Barcelona)
        F - Anthony Parker (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
        F - Luis Scola (Tau)
        C - Nikola Vujcic (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Congrats again

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information