Arvydas Macijauskas: "I won't go back to Hornets for any money"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arvydas Macijauskas: "I won't go back to Hornets for any money"

Aghh, finally the forum is back. During the time it was off, I even had to make my first post on bbb.net. But there's no need for that anymore. So here is the copy of that what I have posted there:

On monday Lietuvos rytas daily has posted an article about the Macijauskas' return home. Here's the translation:

With a feeling of lack of sleep and the red eyes after the 20 hour trip Arvydas Macijauskas has returned home. The 26 year old shooting guard, who has made a debut in the NBA arenas this season, has left New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets without any slops.

"I won't be back there for good, - who has a 2+1 contract with Hornets. - They better should trade me, because I don't want to be in such team."

Hornets did not qualify for the playoffs, and the season for Macijauskas is over early. The guard, dressed in the fashionable jeans, shirt and jacket was met by his mother Danguole, father Vidmantas, sister Edita and cousin Sandra.

"Arvydas, I thought your hair is light." - the mother of the player has wondered, when she saw the brown curls of her son. Neither parents, nor his sister did not visit A.Macijauskas in Oklahoma city - the trip was postponed for several times, because the player hoped to be traded to other NBA team.

The lithuanian never got the confidence of Byron Scott - the player, famous in Europe because of his accurate and fast shot wasn't even registered for the games very often.

When asked, whether the racistic attitude could be the main reason, why he had to sit on the bench, A.Macijauskas did not start to argue: "I cannot claim that, but sometimes I also got the feeling of that. I event grew my hair and beard, so less of the white colour could be seen. During all the season we did not talk to each other. He didn't want to communicate or even say "Hi" to me".

After the season the Hornets dispersed without saying "Bye" to each other.

A.Macijauskas will stay for couple days in Vilnius, and then will go to Klaipeda to his parents. After spending some time for vacation, the player will start to practice again, so he would prepare better for the Lithuanian National Team, which will participate in World championship in Japan in August.

Awesome news, he doesnt deserve such treatment.

He is a star player which I hope he will be showing the world again in Japan for the world championships.

Comment

Macas definitively is a star and I just cant understand how he didnt spent more time on the nba courts.

Having worked with Ivanovic we know hes not lazy so I guess he should find another team to appreciate his huge talent.

Comment

Hopefully his new team will be in Europe.

Comment

Thanks for translating, Sashikas.

It just makes me sick to see have Macas was treated this season. Hopefully, soon that will be a finished chapter in the story of a great career and he will be on to bigger and better things.

Comment

Well, he still has 1 year remaining in contract and it seems that Hornets aren't very concerned to trade him, so he'd better be ready for another season of no relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Plough
              Well, he still has 1 year remaining in contract and it seems that Hornets aren't very concerned to trade him, so he'd better be ready for another season of no relationship.
              The Spurs were fortunate he was even around to take the shot. On Feb. 23, Barry was minutes from being traded to New Orleans for J.R. Smith and Arvydas Macijauskas. The deal collapsed at the NBA's deadline because the Spurs and Hornets ran out of time while trying to get Atlanta to use its salary-cap room to help the trade.

Had Hawks general manager Billy Knight not been at a funeral and unavailable that afternoon, Barry might have been a week into his summer vacation Tuesday.

At his season-ending meetings, Scott said he told Smith, Arvydas Macijauskas and Kirk Snyder that there are three shooting guards on the team, and two of them will not be back next season.
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

yep, very hard words from Macas in his local interviews and, if you ask me, rather prompt and adequate reaction by the american media as well.

anyways, Hornets may want to wait till Japan (Macas will start training from the very first day of the NT camp in the begining of june and should be a starter for Lithuania if all goes well - you all know what opportunities this fact presents ), though I doubt Macas would go back. anyways, in his interviews after the first ones, where he critisized the Hornets and B. Scott extremely badly, Macas realised what he said and tried to play it down somewhat saying that he isn't really givving up on the Hornets and he is a pro and he will do everything that needs to be done, etc. but his first interviews after getting home were the most sincere, I've no doubt about that. and generally his season made a lot of European players think again about their plans with NBA. it will decrese the international flow to this league, at least temporarily, that's for sure.
                stop russia

Comment

yes nba is racist tell everyone to stay in europe im moving there soon

Comment

It is strange that this old thread became active again when New Orleans is miles away from Macas by now, but if someone is interested this is my full translation of the same article in the LTU press (posted a while ago in hornetsreport.com):

A.Macijauskas “There was no farewell with the coach”

Arvydas Macijauskas no longer resembles that “baby-face killer” he was once called. Dark curly hair and stylish beard make basketball player’s traits look older. “I’ve grown them to keep less of the white color on my face”, Arvydas is joking.

Last summer, having realized his childhood dream of entering the NBA, A.Macijauskas did not have a single clue what awaits him on the other side of the Atlantic. The promises of the NO/OC “Hornets” he would be one of the main players on court have evaporated like last year’s snow after the club parted its ways with its General Manager Allan Bristow. It was mainly Allan Brisow who convinced Arvydas Macijauskas to wear the “Hornets” jersey. However, for the entire season 26-year-old Arvydas had no chance to prove his killer’s instinct for which he was adored by the European basketball fans throughout the continent. The sharpshooter could only prove his shooting skills during the occasional team practices. A.Macijauskas received such a school of manhood, which he could not have dreamed of while playing in Europe.

He grew several years older not only due to his new “hairy-beardy” style, but also due to a number of sleepless nights as to why he got no confidence credit from the coach Byron Scott. He also looks more mature thanks to the broader shoulders – the result of long physical exercises in the gym. However, it is mainly his thoughtful and tired look on the face that gives out his older age. His previous joyful childfulness has somewhere evaporated.

“Hornets” team did not manage getting the spot in playoffs, so last Saturday the Lithuanian was already kissing his family in Vilnius airport. Neither mother with father, nor sister paid him a visit while in the United States – the player was hoping for a transfer into another NBA team, so was in no hurry buying them the tickets to the US.

Nevertheless, this wish, as well as many others this season, did not come to life. There is one thing, however, the player is certain about: “There is no way I would come back to Hornets”. No matter if the contract signed is under the formula “2 + 1” and is still active, Arvydas will put all his efforts to be transferred.

- What are your thoughts as you are back home in Lithuania?

As always – I miss my home, family, friends.

- What are your most immediate plans?

To have some rest although I am not tired. I have still not decided whether I will stay in Lithuania or go some place else – still discussing a number of options with friends. Would like to watch the Lithuanian league’s final and the Euroleague’s Final Four.

- Which team will you support in the Lithuanian league final?

Vilnius “Lietuvos rytas”.

- Which team should win the NBA championship, in your opinion?

I’d guess, Detroit “Pistons”.

- You won’t stay in “Hornets”, will you?

No way. Definetely not. I was more than shocked as to the way the team has departed to the off-season. There was no talk with the coach or his assistants. Not a single player talked to each other. Everybody went home without even saying “see you” to the coaches. Something strange is happening over there.

Let the club transfer me, I have no wish of coming back there any time again. Even in the case I would be promised the mountains of gold, I see no sense whatsoever staying with the “Hornets”. I did not feel as a part of the team for the entire season, there were almost no practices because we had games three times per week. I was mainly exercising on my own.

The coaches did not want to communicate with me. When they fired the GM, everything changed radically – B.Scott is doing whatever he pleases.

- What were the reasons you found no common language with the coach? Maybe he was a racist?

I would not dare saying such things, although sometimes it seems like the only explanation I could find. I’ve even grown a beard so that my white skin is less visible (laughing).

- Whom did you communicate mostly on the team if you did not talk with the coach?

I was mainly communicating with Bostjan Nachbar, Chris Andersen before their exchange/release. In fact, there are basically no friends in the American basketball, only people with whom you are sharing the court.

- Did you communicate with other Lithuanian players playing in the NBA?

I have never played with Zydrunas Ilgauskas so I did not communicate much with him, really. We were having a small talk with Linas Kleiza before and after the games. Had regular phone conversations with Darius Songaila and Sarunas Jasikevicius. When Saras was placed on the bench for some games he came to visit me to Oklahoma. I showed him around the city.

- You probably got to know every street corner in Oklahoma?

There’s not so much to know, in fact.

- But there are some good places in Oklahoma?

Good places can be found everywhere.

- You will probably won’t miss the training camp of the Lithuanian national team?

Definetely not. Unless no one invites me or I am through with my player's career.

- Did you have a talk with the NT team coach Antanas Sireika?

I talked to him when he retired from the head coach position in “Zalgiris” Kaunas. Did not talk lately, however, but I will call him and ask how he’s doing.

- Your participation with the NT team in the World Championship in Japan – a chance to prove to B.Scott that you can still play basketball?

It is not a question whether I can play basketball or not. In the NBA, at least in the "Hornets", no one cares how you look during the practices.

- So what were the criteria that determined Scott’s decision not to give you the minutes on court?

The fact is I never had a chance to talk with the coach from the beginning of the season. He did not want to talk to me, even – to say “hello” to me. It is not up to me to decide what my physical and playing condition was - I simply had no chance to show it on court.

Comment

this is the same bryon scott who had problem with Jason Kidd and J.R. Smith, he has some sort of vendetta

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information