28 candidates for Slovenian NT announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 candidates for Slovenian NT announced

the list will be shrinked in June to 15 players thatwill practice together at Rogla facilities, where on July 10th the preparations will begun.

NT will participate on:
    -Efes tournament in Istanbul with Lebanon, Nigeria and Turkey participating
    -in Maribor with Lebanon, Venezuela and Canada
    -in Singapore with Argentina, Serbia&Montenegro and Spain

Head coach Pipan intentionaly included larger ammount of non-european national teams at preparation tournaments to get to know their basketball...

the list-
    PG's:
    -Jaka Lakovič (Panathinaikos)
    -Beno Udrih (SA Spurs)
    -Aleksander Vujačič (LA Lakers)
    ------------------------------------
    -Aleksander Čapin (Reggio Calabria)
    -Jure Močnik (Helios)
    -Goran Dragič (Slovan)

SG's:
    -Sani Bečirovič (Fortitudo Bologna)
    -Sašo Ožbolt (Union Olimpija)
    ------------------------------------
    -Gregor Hafnar (Varese)
    -Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm)
    -Samo Udrih (Girona)
    -Domen Lorbek (Helios)

SF's:
    -Marko Milič (Virtus Bologna)
    -Boštjan Nachbar (NJ Nets)
    --------------------------------------
    -Saša Dončič (Slovan)
    -Marko Maravič (Manresa)

PF's:
    -Erazem Lorbek (Fortitudo Bologna)
    -Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA)
    -Marko Tušek (Virtus Roma)
    ----------------------------------
    -Jurica Golemac (Ural Great)
    -Dragiša Drobnjak (Union Olimpija)
    -Goran Jurak (Cantu)
    -Uroš Slokar (Benneton)
    -Željko Zagorac (Helios)
    -Miha Zupan (Slovan)

C's:
    -Primož Brezec (Bobcats)
    -Radoslav Nesterovič (SA Spurs)
    ----------------------------------------------
    -Hasan Rizvič (Union Olimpija)

on the list thee are again missing Goran Jagodnik (Prokom) and Boris Gorenc (Khimki), and some younger players like D. Lorbek, Rizvič, Dragič or Zupan got the chance instead...
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

and Smodiš is claiming in todays newspapers he is mostlikely not coming
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
      and Smodiš is claiming in todays newspapers he is mostlikely not coming
      What is his reasoning? He didn't play in EC either so he can't be that tired!

I just saw him play for the first time the other day. Of course it was the Final Four in Prague. He looks like a decent player, although a bit undersized as a power forward. Plays a bit like Scola but shoots threes as well. What would his role have been in Japan anyway? Would he have started as a 4? Is he better than Erazem Lorbek or Tusek?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)

I just saw him play for the first time the other day. Of course it was the Final Four in Prague. He looks like a decent player, although a bit undersized as a power forward. Plays a bit like Scola but shoots threes as well. What would his role have been in Japan anyway? Would he have started as a 4? Is he better than Erazem Lorbek or Tusek?
        He claims he has problems with his back for a long time now and he wants to rest this summer. Allthough he lost some weight in last two seasons, I think he should lose another couple of kilos to get his back better. If Smodis would play in Japan, I'm sure that he would be starter at 4. I also think he is better than Lorbek and Tusek (more consistent). Especially Lorbek this year didn't make much progress from last season. I think Repesa has a lot to do with this. Lorbek should play between 30-35 mpg at least to make progress, but Repesa is holding him back all the time. He played only 22 mpg in italian league this year and had 10 ppg and 5,5 rpg. But Repesa is known, that when a player gets hot on court, he often calls him to the bench and breaks his rhytem.
        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)

Before this F4 Messina said that whenever Smodiš is involved in a team something good happens. His 3rd final four appearance with his 3rd different team...
          his height with 205 cm is not that troublleing... but he could definately use a haircut.

Just as Boki said I would agree to put Smodiš over Tušek and Lorbek so far, he could contribute especially with his hustling in defense and motivation- he is a great competitor, something usefull in a team that has a history of underachieving...

Comment

From what I see watching italian league, I don't think that Milic is SF anymore, he is getting bigger and bigger and is much more of a Power Forward now.
            Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by woma
              From what I see watching italian league, I don't think that Milic is SF anymore, he is getting bigger and bigger and is much more of a Power Forward now.
              Well he can play everything but C and SG. I don't know about him getting bigger We will see that when NT preparation starts. Nachbar will probably get majority minutes on SF and Milic will back him up and cover all the other positions when needed.
              "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Milič can be a missmatch for big majority of players on PF, SF and SG and he can be effective on any of those 3 positions unlike some other players considered as a missmacth, he can be great defending those 3 positions as well... so guess we'll just wait and see where he'll play

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                  Milič can be a missmatch for big majority of players on PF, SF and SG and he can be effective on any of those 3 positions unlike some other players considered as a missmacth, he can be great defending those 3 positions as well... so guess we'll just wait and see where he'll play
                  Well, I've watched him yesterday playing against Snaidero Udine and he played really well. He had some great dunks, grabbed some rebounds (and a few times started a fast breaks by himself after getting a ball) and his play was pretty close to PF/C, man, he's big .

Comment

Originally posted by woma
                    Well, I've watched him yesterday playing against Snaidero Udine and he played really well. He had some great dunks, grabbed some rebounds (and a few times started a fast breaks by himself after getting a ball) and his play was pretty close to PF/C, man, he's big .
                    He is strong, bulked up, big, massive and even fast... and ofcourse he knows how to use his body.. dunkings are his favourite... I just love to remember his ally-up dunks with Jasikevicius in Olimpija, fast breaks, his all around the world fameous dunk over the car, breaking the rim at F4 in Rome... great, great memories...anyway, he can play all positions and he is great defensive player (I consider him as one of the best defensive stoppers in Europe at his positions)... but his negative thing is.. his shoot (from long destance) is way, way under average for player on SF position...
                    Last edited by elaj; 05-05-2006, 06:54 PM.

Comment

His shoot is indeed terrible, not only for a SF standards, but for PF too.
                      Still, if somebody needs defensive oriented forward, who would bring great energy, Marko Milić is your guy.

Comment

24 candidates for Slovenina team were announced:
                        - Aleksandar Capin (Viola Reggio)
                        - Goran Dragic (Geoplin Slovan)
                        - Jaka Lakovic (Panathinaikos)
                        - Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
                        - Sani Becirovic (Climamio Bologna)
                        - Gregor Hafnar (Varese)
                        - Nebojsa Joksimovic (Hemofarm)
                        - Saso Ozbolt (Union Olimpija) ~ probably needs time to recover as he only started playing after knee injury...still has some problems.
                        - Aleksander Vujacic (Los Angeles Lakers)
                        - Domen Lorbek (Helios Domzale)

- Marko Maravic (Ricoh Manresa) ~ attending some tests due to injury
                        - Marko Milic (Vidivici Bologna)
                        - Bostjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets)
                        - Sasa Doncic (Geoplin Slovan)

- Primoz Brezec (Charlotte Bobcats)
                        - Dragisa Drobnjak (Union Olimpija)
                        - Goran Jurak (Cantu)
                        - Erazem Lorbek (Climamio Bologna) ~ questionable due to foot injury which is bothering him all season
                        - Radoslav Nesterovic (San Antonio Spurs)
                        - Hasan Rizvic (Union Olimpija)
                        - Uros Slokar (Benetton Treviso)
                        - Marko Tusek (Lottomatica Roma)
                        - Zelimir Zagorac (Helios Domzale)
                        - Miha Zupan (Geoplin Slovan)

On 14th of June Pipan will announce final 15 + 3 reserves...my wishes are marked in blue and orange (questionable)...backcourt seems strong if everyone will take part...frontcourt guys didin't have really good season.

Comment

Pipan announced 15candidates +4 reserves for the national team...

PG: Beno Udrih, Jaka Lakovič, Goran Dragič/ Aleksander Čapin
                          SG: Sani Bečirovič, Sašo Ožbolt, Nebojša Joksimovič, Domen Lorbek
                          SF: Marko Milič, Boštjan Nachbar/Saša Dončič
                          PF: Erazem Lorbek, Uroš Slokar, Goran Jurak, Želimir Zagorac/Dragiša Drobnjak, Miha Zupan
                          C: Radoslav Nesterovič, Primož Brezec

not that excited anymore... young & unexperienced on PF without Smodiš, Tušek and Golemac...

Maravič- has some tough injury of the backbone that could jeopardise his career and will try some treatments in the summer...
                          Tušek said he is in a phase of searching for a new club and needs some rest in the summer...
                          Vujačič will be practicing individualy ... damn Lakers
                          Smodiš- troubles with his back, wants some time off...

Comment

Erazem Lorbek said he is seriously considering skipping this tournament because of his troubles with the foot. He needs some rest and said he doesn't want to jeoperdise his future career as a bball player, eventhough it's world championship he'll miss...

Comment

Miha Zupan is replacing Erazem Lorbek on the list...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information