A Beginner's Guide To InterBasket.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beginner's Guide To InterBasket.net

(originally posted: 04-23-2004, 01:20 PM)

A Beginner's Guide To InterBasket.net
    A Little History: InterBasket grew from an initial obsession for Arvydas Sabonis. After years of updating and revamping my Sabonis site, I created a Yahoo! Group in which members could talk about our favorite Lithuanian. As that group took more than two years to finally exist on it's own, I saw that there were Sabas fans from all over the world. This made me think about all those lonely Manu and Peja fans around the world with no where to go.... so in late 2003, I finally decided that I would follow through on an idea for a international basketball forum with focus on NBA players -- after listing out about 15 prospective names... (which included the short lived IBPNF or something like that, does anyone remember?) I thought about other famous sites like telebasket and eurobasket and asiabasket AND latinbasket... FINALLY... it suddenly hit me () InterBasket!!!!!

We haven't even been here a year and we've got our own speak already...

IBN - Acronym for InterBasket.net
    MED - More European Discussion Forum
    UN - Obviously meaning the United Nations forum.
    CFFI - Crazy Fan From Idaho, resident Sabonis nut
    bbb - short for basketballboards.net
    JCN - Juan Carlos Nadal, formerly Zelena Hracka because for some reason when he registered he was unable to activate it.
    WB or WBB - short for post-master, worldbasketball

Did you know? AFioN used to be fiona?

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
    1. Why are the forums labeled "Dirk Nowitzki and Germany?" et al. Why not just just "Germany?" Answer: For an understanding as to why, one has to realise how IBN started, as a fan forum for Arvydas Sabonis... As a huge Sabonis fan and a fan that wanted to have a better forum, I envisioned having forums dedicated to solely international players. Only later that I decided it was best to include their countries (i.e. from "Yao Ming" to "Yao Ming and China") so it opened discussions to not just a player, but to his country and countrymen.

2. What is InterBasket's Rule Concerning Posts in Native Languages?
    Answer: IBN wholeheartedly respects the languages and cultures of ALL members here at Interbasket.net, thats why the site was created, but as a loose rule, IBN recommends threads/posts be done in english so as all members can participate in all discussions no matter their native tongue. IBN will never supress your voice, but if you are to include your native language in your post, we ask you to provide an english translation for it.

3. Why can't I post a custom avatar/use a signature/edit my posts?
    Answer: Odds are, it's because you are a "New Member". New Members are exactly that, new members, and they will have to wait through a probationary period to earn the right to regular "Member" benefits. In order to be promoted, a new member will have to have been registered for 60 days AND have posted 15 posts. After reaching both levels, you'll be automatically promoted from new member to member status. This was decided upon to reward loyal IBN members

4. Why can't I view an attachment/post a poll?
    Answer: Odds are, it's because you just recently registered. If you have just recently registered, you will be very limited in what you can do at IBN, the main options unavailable to you will be the ability to post a poll and download attachments. In order to move up to the next level, "new member", you'll have to have been registered for 72 hours (3 days), and from there, you'll be able to view attachments, post polls, etc. This is in the best interest of IBN, as some of our threads are hotlinked by many sites, and some of these threads contain attachments. These attachments have, in part, caused InterBasket to overuse it's bandwidth which causes IBN to be taken down.

Stuart
    Last edited by stuart; 04-25-2006, 05:21 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net
Working...
X

Debug Information