Frankfurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt

Does anyone have confirmation that Barton is considering a contract extension?
    Trifilli: You were mentioning something about thaty earlier, what is your take about Frankfurts team for the upcoming season? Should they continue with the youth movement or try to attrack more established pros?
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Originally posted by Billy
    Does anyone have confirmation that Barton is considering a contract extension?
    According to the management he has an offer for the next season and it should be decided soon whether he'll extend his contract or not. However in the link you provided recently there was something about Barton signing with Gothia as assistant coach or did I misunderstand you there?
    I also found this press statement by Gothia (pdf file) where they say something about Barton, I just don't speak swedish, so it'd be great if you could tell us what they say there, thanks

Trifilli: You were mentioning something about thaty earlier, what is your take about Frankfurts team for the upcoming season? Should they continue with the youth movement or try to attrack more established pros?
    First of all the teams manager Gunnar Wöbke said that the only players who'll definately stay are Pascal Roller (if he doesn't use his option to play abroad), Nino Garris, Alex King and Dominik Bahiense de Mello.
    Now on to your question: imo it should be a mixture, keeping players like King or De Mello (= youngsters) should be a must, but the team definately needs some experienced players who can lead the team as well. So imo it should be a mixture, 8-9 established players and the rest of the roster filled with youngsters, however this will only work if Wöbke is indeed able to send as many players away as he indicated in this interview.
    I could also think of Bernd Kruel and Malick Badiane staying - but only as backup players behind better starters.
    Players that definately need to leave the team are McLinton, Franklin, Diarra, Andrade and Matinen. Some youngsters shouldn't take up roster space for next season but rather play for one of the farm teams in the 2nd/3rd Division. (like Mbemba)
    Meeking will most likely leave, he already has offers from abroad - and tbh he never really impressed me, so I'd not be too sad if he'd find another club soon, he's not a bad player but it seems that he just didn't fit here. Milisa didn't do his job in a bad way but he's a backup player only as well and I'd rather keep Kruel on his position.

So in the end here's how the team should look like after it is decided who'll stay and who'll leave:

C
    PF
    SF Nino Garris
    SG
    PG Pascal Roller

C Malick Badiane
    C/PF Bernd Kruel
    SF Alex King
    PG/SG Dominik Bahiense de Mello

This would mean that the Skyliners would have to sign 3 new starters and up to 5 bench players for next season - something that I definately don't see coming (also a financial issue), in the end De Mello will most likely be backup SG (better for him and the team), Mbemba might stay as backup PG (worse for the team, he's not ready yet) and some of the other players might stay in the end as well. I only hope that there'll be 3 new starters in the end, two of them being real quality players - but to be honest I don't even expect that. Manager Wöbke has just a history of being greedy and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trifilli]According to the management he has an offer for the next season and it should be decided soon whether he'll extend his contract or not. However in the link you provided recently there was something about Barton signing with Gothia as assistant coach or did I misunderstand you there?
      I also found this press statement by Gothia (pdf file) where they say something about Barton, I just don't speak swedish, so it'd be great if you could tell us what they say there, thanks QUOTE]

Well, I can certainly give it a try
      There are two parts pertaining to Barton:

Gothia Basket gör klart med en ny Head Coach - f.d. förbundskaptenen för Svenska basketlandslaget, Jan Enjebo, skriver på för 2 plus 1 år. Charles Barton kommer att ingå i Jan Enjebos coach stab.

-the first states that Gothia has signed a new head coach and that it is Jan Enjebo, a former coach of the Swedish national team. The contract is valid for two years with an option of a one year extension. It also states that Charles Barton will be part of the coaching staff but with no further information of what exactly his position will be, nor for how long he has signed (if he has a written agreement or not and what it contains/entails).

Samtidigt med att Jan Enjebo skrev på har har även den sedan tidigare engagerade tränaren i laget, Charles Barton, bestämt sig för att ingå i coachstaben. Barton har precis avslutat sin säsong i Deutsche Bank Skyliners Frankfurt efter att ha lyckats hålla dem kvar i Tyska Bundesligan (BBL). Barton kommer ha sin son, Brandon, spelandes i Gothia Basket. Barton har även hjälpt till i rekryteringen av Enjebo.

-the second says that at the same time as Jan Enjebo signed his contract a previous coach for the team, Charles Barton, decided to be a part of the coaching staff. Barton has just ended his season with Deutsche Bank Skyliners Frankfurt after being able to keep them in the German Bundesliga (BBL). Barton will have his son, Brandon, playing in Gothia Basket. Barton has also helped in the recruitment of Enjebo.

My first thought is that the press release is poorly written and very vague when it comes to Charles position with the club. Perhaps it is intentionally vague as to make Charles potential transition to Frankfurt or other potential employers/clubs easier to handle?

My second thought is that Brandon is still quite young and is highly likely to be playing with a developement team and not with the first team.
      Charles has been coaching in Europe while Brandon has been living in Gothenburg in the past so I would not be surpised if it happens again.

Thirdly, it is interesting that Charles helped with the recruitment of Enjebo, this clearly indicates that Barton has no interest in the position as HC for Gothia, not in the short nor medium term anyway.

I could also think of Bernd Kruel and Malick Badiane staying - but only as backup players behind better starters.
      Players that definately need to leave the team are McLinton, Franklin, Diarra, Andrade and Matinen. Some youngsters shouldn't take up roster space for next season but rather play for one of the farm teams in the 2nd/3rd Division. (like Mbemba)
      I dont understand how the whole Badiane situation has been handled. As late as three years ago he was considered to be a bonafide NBA prospect and then...nothing...what went wrong there? Was he never that good/talented to start with or has he been poorly developed?

I never liked what I saw from Franklin, undersized for the 2 position and underskilled for the 1 position. Andrade looked erratic, turn overs and poor shooting seemed to be his signum.

I found it interesting to see that Mbemba did not get more chances with the first team. I know there was an offer from 08 Stockholm for him to go back and finish the season there on loan so as to get him more playting time but that Frankfurt turned Stockholm down.

If Frankfurt was never intent on using him, why not send him back to Stockholm to get him some more game practice?

Meeking will most likely leave, he already has offers from abroad - and tbh he never really impressed me, so I'd not be too sad if he'd find another club soon, he's not a bad player but it seems that he just didn't fit here. Milisa didn't do his job in a bad way but he's a backup player only as well and I'd rather keep Kruel on his position.
      I liked Meeking, he looked like a very under used threat down low. Was it the injuries (he had some problems didnt he?) that hindered him or was it the lack of touches?
      Milisa I never got a good read on, was he a budget solution?

Manager Wöbke has just a history of being greedy and I can't see that changing anytime soon.
      I always thought that Frankfurt was a rather grand club. How was the budget utilised?

Also, is it not clear by now that Roller is rather injury prone? It seems to me as if he is always out injured. And when do you think Alex King will be ready to start in the Bundesliga?
      Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
        Well, I can certainly give it a try
        There are two parts pertaining to Barton:

Gothia Basket gör klart med en ny Head Coach - f.d. förbundskaptenen för Svenska basketlandslaget, Jan Enjebo, skriver på för 2 plus 1 år. Charles Barton kommer att ingå i Jan Enjebos coach stab.

-the first states that Gothia has signed a new head coach and that it is Jan Enjebo, a former coach of the Swedish national team. The contract is valid for two years with an option of a one year extension. It also states that Charles Barton will be part of the coaching staff but with no further information of what exactly his position will be, nor for how long he has signed (if he has a written agreement or not and what it contains/entails).

Samtidigt med att Jan Enjebo skrev på har har även den sedan tidigare engagerade tränaren i laget, Charles Barton, bestämt sig för att ingå i coachstaben. Barton har precis avslutat sin säsong i Deutsche Bank Skyliners Frankfurt efter att ha lyckats hålla dem kvar i Tyska Bundesligan (BBL). Barton kommer ha sin son, Brandon, spelandes i Gothia Basket. Barton har även hjälpt till i rekryteringen av Enjebo.

-the second says that at the same time as Jan Enjebo signed his contract a previous coach for the team, Charles Barton, decided to be a part of the coaching staff. Barton has just ended his season with Deutsche Bank Skyliners Frankfurt after being able to keep them in the German Bundesliga (BBL). Barton will have his son, Brandon, playing in Gothia Basket. Barton has also helped in the recruitment of Enjebo.

My first thought is that the press release is poorly written and very vague when it comes to Charles position with the club. Perhaps it is intentionally vague as to make Charles potential transition to Frankfurt or other potential employers/clubs easier to handle?

My second thought is that Brandon is still quite young and is highly likely to be playing with a developement team and not with the first team.
        Charles has been coaching in Europe while Brandon has been living in Gothenburg in the past so I would not be surpised if it happens again.

Thirdly, it is interesting that Charles helped with the recruitment of Enjebo, this clearly indicates that Barton has no interest in the position as HC for Gothia, not in the short nor medium term anyway.
        Thanks a lot, mate

This indeed sounds pretty vague - but who knows, maybe he wants to return to Sweden to be close to his family (he's close to 60 afterall) but it's not sure yet what kind of position he'll hold in the club. On the other hand this statement really leaves a lot of room for him returning to Frankfurt. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens

I dont understand how the whole Badiane situation has been handled. As late as three years ago he was considered to be a bonafide NBA prospect and then...nothing...what went wrong there? Was he never that good/talented to start with or has he been poorly developed?
        I'd say both. He was not as talented as many believed and I guess that he was drafted back then because of his size, blockshoting abilities and rebounding. And it's not that he didn't improve - his FT shooting improved a lot, he added a bit of weight and his jumper is better now, too, plus he also improved his biggest strength - rebounding. But the main problems remain: body coordination is almost non-existant, he so often misses to catch a ball (pass or sometimes even rebounds), his defense is bad - mostly because he wants to block his opponent all the time and can be easily faked but also because his footwork is not good. And in offense he wants to dunk all the time rather than scoring the easy points - often resulting in turnovers or missed dunks (I only remember game 5 of last years BBL Finals when he was able to bring Frankfurt back into the game again with seconds to go and missed the dunk ). Imo he also wasn't developed properly in these regards by the people who work with him, both in Frankfurt and Houston (he works out there with Pat Ewing every summer), and despite him being still young I'm not sure if this will change. Frankfurt has a decent name for developing players but actually they never really produced a top talent - the Academy only exists on paper and most of the talents who played/play there didn't have a lot of success (Khartchenkov, Fehse, Kleemichen, Todic - just to name a few).

I never liked what I saw from Franklin, undersized for the 2 position and underskilled for the 1 position. Andrade looked erratic, turn overs and poor shooting seemed to be his signum.
        I don't want to see either of them back in Frankfurt. They were both talking about their leadership qualities all the time but never showed a single bit of it. Franklin was - like you said - underskilled for the PG position and could in no way organize the game, was undersized for the SG position (and had no speed and athleticism either), so he'd often play down the 24secs, taking a bad shot and then not concentrating on Defense (or not even running back). Andrade on the other hand was weird - when he arrived everybody thought that he'd play strong inside because of his body and his athleticism - but he never did, he only shot from outside - and he absolutely had no outside shot.

I found it interesting to see that Mbemba did not get more chances with the first team. I know there was an offer from 08 Stockholm for him to go back and finish the season there on loan so as to get him more playting time but that Frankfurt turned Stockholm down.

If Frankfurt was never intent on using him, why not send him back to Stockholm to get him some more game practice?
        I don't really understand why he was signed (and got a 5-year contract) in the first place. Maybe the Skyliners understood that De Mello wasn't really a PG (a combo guard at best, rather a SG) and that Franklin couldn't play the 1 in Rollers absence - but why signing Mbemba then? Mbemba is a decent talent but in no way ready to play significant minutes as PG in the BBL. He needs playing time and maybe they really should'be sent him to Stockholm to get practise after he was signed (again, I wouldn't have signed him in the first place). They also could've sent him to Langen in the 2nd BBL (Skyliners farmteam), like they did with De Mello (he at least got a lot of playtime there) - and he still could've played for the Skyliners because of his age (players are allowed to have a double license in that age). Lots of mistakes if you ask me - and in the end Mbemba will be the one who pays for them most likely.

I liked Meeking, he looked like a very under used threat down low. Was it the injuries (he had some problems didnt he?) that hindered him or was it the lack of touches?
        Milisa I never got a good read on, was he a budget solution?
        Meeking could've been a real threat under the rim, much more than he really was. Some things stopped him though: in the beginning he needed to get used to the team a bit and when he finally was ready he got injured and missed the rest of the season (was a pretty serious injury - out for 4 months). But he also didn't seem too motivated, imo it was pretty obvious that he just regarded the club as a place where he could finish the season before finding a better club - always a risk when you sign a player of his class in the middle of the season for little money. But he also wasn't used properly, Frankfurt should've played much more under the rim when he was there, rather than taking stupid triples, even without being 100% motivated he could've helped much more then. Anyways, I hope that he'll find a good club and gets a decent contract, but I don't think that Frankfurt is the place where he should continue playing.
        As for Milisa - I never understood this signing. Sunara (the old coach) wanted him (Milisa played for him before), but they knew from the very beginning that he could in no way fill the PF position - and they also said that people shouldn't expect him to replace Williams. He definately also was a budget solution but I think the main reason why he arrived was because of Sunara. Milisa is a decent back up player and was one of the players who played on a constant level, never giving up - it's just that his abilities were limited and Frankfurt needs a better starter.

End of Part 1 - Text is too long - Part 2 follows

Comment

Part 2:

I always thought that Frankfurt was a rather grand club. How was the budget utilised?
          By budget Frankfurt is in the Top 3 of the BBL, pretty much on a level with (or close behind) Alba Berlin or Bamberg. However a big part of the budget is invested into the infrastructure, into youth programs in the Rhein-Main area, into other activities - and especially into the staff/office. I don't know any other club in the BBL that invests that much money for these things. On the one hand this is pretty good, Frankfurt has build a reputation for being a very good organized club in Europe and offers very good working conditions for the players/coaches. They also managed to build a big acceptance for the club in the area and made their name more known by their programs. On the other hand Wöbke has a history of being greedy when it comes to the roster, signing almost unknown players/coaches, not willing to spend much money. Until this year it worked out, the Skyliners often had luck with their signings but former coach Murat Didin already warned last season and said that more money should be invested into the roster - and he was right, this season it didn't work out and one of the biggest BBL clubs almost got relegated. I only hope that the Skyliners will find a good mixture of investing into the infrastructure and into the roster for next season, to bring back the sportive success again.

Also, is it not clear by now that Roller is rather injury prone? It seems to me as if he is always out injured. And when do you think Alex King will be ready to start in the Bundesliga?
          Until this year Roller wasn't really that injury prone, I don't recall him being out for a longer time with a serious injury before. This year he had the bad luck of getting injured twice, at both legs. I'm not sure how this will influence his future as a player - he might become injury prone now with the injuries he had - but I hope that he'll be back to his old strength. It's not clear yet if he'll stay though, he has an option to play abroad and from what I heard he'd like to play in Spain. He also had an offer from Barcelona in the middle of the season (after his injuries) and might get offers from other spanish clubs again - we'll see but I'd really like to see him stay.
          As for Alex King: This will take a lot of time. He's still unexperienced, has no outside shot and often has problems in Defense against faster opponents. I'd still like to see him stay by all means though because he's a fighter (great hustle play), works hard and plays pretty decent inside - plus he's a talent developed by the club I'd like to see him as backup SF behind Garris (or if Garris plays SG behind a strong starting SF) - he still needs to learn a lot but also needs playtime to develop, so this would be a good situation imo.

Comment

According to my sources, Charles Barton has now accepted the post of coach for Frankfurt. How he will be able to perform/ballance both duties is beyond me but goo dluck to him.

Comment

Since yesterday Frankfurt even lost the theoretical chances to be in the 2006/2007 BBL playoffs, for the 2nd year in a row. At the same time the main sponsor, the Deutsche Bank, stated in a newspaper that they'll also be the main sponsor for next season, so Frankfurt has some time to make plans for next season already.

There are signs that Murat Didin might stay next season as well and I hope that it'll happen. It's far from sure though yet, but even if it won't work out I hope that he gets replaced by somebody who has the same level.

Mike Bauer, Jimmy McKinney, Pascal Roller (had a clause to play abroad for a year), Rudy Mbemba, Alex King and Dominik Bahiense de Mello still have a valid contract for next season (which of course doesn't mean that it is sure that they'll really play for Frankfurt next year), Nino Garris has an option for next season, while I'm not sure about Miroslav Todics status atm.

If all these players stay, things would look like this for the next season:

PG: Pascal Roller, Rudy Mbemba
              SG: Jimmy McKinney, Dominik Bahiense de Mello
              SF: Nino Garris, Alex King
              PF: Mike Bauer, Miroslav Todic
              C: -

Doesn't leave a lot of options, the Skyliners would need to sign some real good players in this scenario to look into a better future, especially the backcourt seems to be too crowded with weak players, it wouldn't be too bad if they could replace Garris and also find a good PG to play on Rollers side.
              In addition to that they need to find a new starting Center and his backup and maybe another PF - Todic shouldn't be more than 3rd choice on that position actually. In the case that Garris stays, he shouldn't be more than a backup either.
              So these are the positions where the Skyliners definately should sign a player: PG, SF, C, C. In addition to that maybe another PF and an additional SG. Looking at the Skyliners history on the transfer market 6 new quality players seem to be next to impossible though, so I'd be already happy with the 4 most necessary signings :P
              Of course there's only reason to believe that the Skyliners will finally sign some good players again, if there's a good coach around, who can demand to sign these players :P

Any thoughts?

Comment

Mike Bauer has an option to leave the club this summer.
                He said that he'd prefer to stay, but would consider to leave if a Euroleague team offers him a contract.

Miroslav Todics contract expires after this season. But as a 3rd option on both big positions he should be okay.

I hope Garris will leave. This would give the Skyliners new options for their crowded backcourt. Probably Roller will return next year.
                I hope they will sign a new Comboguard who can help Pascal on position 1 and share time with McKinney on the SG spot. De Mello and Mbemba should be okay as 3rd options.
                Then they need to sign new players on all frontcourt spots.
                At first they'll let George Reese go and have to find another starting SF.
                If Bauer leaves they'd need a new starting PF. If he stays, I'd still sign another PF and let Bauer play on the Small Forward position as well.

Ever since Kasun left the team there was a big gap on the Center position.
                I hope GM Wöbke is willing to pay two new Big Man right from the start of the season!
                And of course, they should sign a coach before they hire new players...
                I'd go for Didin. He should be able to develop a new team!
                All about german basketball: http://germanhoops.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CWILL
                  Mike Bauer has an option to leave the club this summer.
                  He said that he'd prefer to stay, but would consider to leave if a Euroleague team offers him a contract.
                  After his latest comments and behaviour ("didn't hear the coach", "cold") I wouldn't be too sad if he indeed left, it sometimes sounds as he only wants to put up good stats for getting a contract with an EL team again.

Miroslav Todics contract expires after this season. But as a 3rd option on both big positions he should be okay.
                  Yeah, I agree, Frankfurt should keep him as 3rd option. He often looks lost on the floor, but at least he always fights and he has still time to improve considering his age.

I hope Garris will leave. This would give the Skyliners new options for their crowded backcourt. Probably Roller will return next year.
                  I hope they will sign a new Comboguard who can help Pascal on position 1 and share time with McKinney on the SG spot. De Mello and Mbemba should be okay as 3rd options.
                  Keeping Garris should be a financial matter imo. He didn't show anything but decent defense ever since he came to the Skyliners and should only be kept with a reduced salary. If he agrees with that I'd give him another chance.

Then they need to sign new players on all frontcourt spots.
                  At first they'll let George Reese go and have to find another starting SF.
                  If Bauer leaves they'd need a new starting PF. If he stays, I'd still sign another PF and let Bauer play on the Small Forward position as well.

Ever since Kasun left the team there was a big gap on the Center position.
                  I hope GM Wöbke is willing to pay two new Big Man right from the start of the season!
                  I'd actually release almost the entire frontcourt (Bryant, Benton, Bauer, Reese, Johnson), as all these players (except Johnson, who was injured all the time though) did was talking big to the press and showing nothing on the floor. Frankfurt should build a new frontcourt around a good versatile PF, a strong, good-rebounding Center with some low-post moves and some hard workers and good defenders (role players) as backups. The times should be over where the Skyliners sign 5 self-declared leaders for the frontcourt, who all fail to prove their big words.

And of course, they should sign a coach before they hire new players...
                  I'd go for Didin. He should be able to develop a new team!
                  Yep, I'd also try to keep him to build a team for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifilli
                    After his latest comments and behaviour ("didn't hear the coach", "cold") I wouldn't be too sad if he indeed left, it sometimes sounds as he only wants to put up good stats for getting a contract with an EL team again.
                    I agree his comments were very strange. But after watching him making a 4pt-play in the 4th quarter in Bonn to give Frankfurt the lead and reacting very emotionally to that, I don't know if it's all about stats. He jumped around as if he'd won the championship.

And watching him play for Pau, he seemed a very emotional player there, a fighter. I don't know. He's certainly unsatisfied at Frankfurt, which this season is a team that doesn't play to Bauers strengths. I think he can be a great weapon if you have good players who know how to move the ball around to the open man.
                    The comments were still crazy though.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe
                      I agree his comments were very strange. But after watching him making a 4pt-play in the 4th quarter in Bonn to give Frankfurt the lead and reacting very emotionally to that, I don't know if it's all about stats. He jumped around as if he'd won the championship.

And watching him play for Pau, he seemed a very emotional player there, a fighter. I don't know. He's certainly unsatisfied at Frankfurt, which this season is a team that doesn't play to Bauers strengths. I think he can be a great weapon if you have good players who know how to move the ball around to the open man.
                      The comments were still crazy though.
                      Yeah, I agree, I really liked him a lot when he played for PAU and he certainly put a lot of energy on the floor when playing for the Skyliners. I really liked how he fought for the team and the emotions he brought into the team. I just got really annoyed for the first time with him when he claimed that he didn't hear Didin - also saying at the same time to the media that he disagreed with the decision to foul. Bauer shouldn't decide that on his own on the floor, when his coach asks him to do something different - and obviously Bauer didn't know that they didn't reach the team fouls yet. This decision by Bauer might've cost the Skyliners the playoffs (altough the chance is rather small, as the season was pretty much lost already anyways).
                      Plus his recent comments are indeed pretty crazy. I'd like to see him continue to wear the Skyliners jersey, but only if he really wants to stay and give everything for the team - which includes following the coaches decisions.

Comment

The Skyliners signed their first two players for next season and I though it'd be interesting to have a view on the current roster. These are the players who have a contract for next season (we all know what contracts are worth in Frankfurt though ):

PG: - , Jimmie Hunt
                        SG: Jimmy McKinney, Dominik Bahiense de Mello*
                        SF: Nino Garris*, Alex King*
                        PF - , Maksym Shtein*
                        C: - , -

*german player

It remains to be seen what will happen with Bauer (SF/PF), Todic (PF) and Mbemba (PG), while it's still not sure that Roller (PG) will return.

Imo the Skyliners need to sign 3 real quality players: One versatile PF, who can score. One good PG and one C, who can rebound and play good D. In addition to that they need to add one more backup player on the C position. Actually I'd try to get rid of Bauer - he showed some potential last season and I really liked his energy, but he doesn't seem to fit into this team. I'd try to save his salary for a better PF and I'd try to avoid building a team full of tweeners and combo guards again.

Comment

Rudy Mbemba should be out!
                          Coach Didin doesn't really like him and mentioned that he'd like to see Rudy in the second division playing for farm-team Langen.
                          Mbemba always refused playing there and I think he won't like it now.
                          He had some strong performances in Treviso this week and should easily find a new club!

Meanwhile Todic should have good chances to get a new contract.
                          Didin likes his workethic and believes in his talent.

I'm not sure about Bauer and Roller. But I think we won't see both in Frankfurt next year.
                          Bauer can opt out if a Euroleague team wants hin and Roller hopes to play another season in Italy.
                          I heard that Pascal has a very low buyout rate on his contract and could easily opt out if he wants to...

Comment

Originally posted by CWILL
                            I'm not sure about Bauer and Roller. But I think we won't see both in Frankfurt next year.
                            Bauer can opt out if a Euroleague team wants hin and Roller hopes to play another season in Italy.
                            I heard that Pascal has a very low buyout rate on his contract and could easily opt out if he wants to...
                            Well, very low is relative. It's low - but he still has to find a club willing to pay a buyout for a player of his class. Afterall he's not some Theo Papaloukas or Pablo Prigioni. He also said that he doesn't want to continue in Biella and that he wasn't satisfied with the playtime there. Actually he hopes to get signed by a better european club and get a good role there, but it remains questionable if he'll get such an offer. Imo the chances that he'll return are 50/50. His return would be important in terms of marketing and identification possibilities for the fans, afterall he used to be the Skyliners face. On the sportive side things look a bit different imo. Frankfurt would need to sign another PG in addition to him, as Roller is only really effective in a 2-PG system imho. This solution would cut into the budget of course, limiting the possibilities for the big men. And with Rollers salary Frankfurt could sign a good mid-level PG. Dunno what I'd do in Wöbkes position, but I'd kinda like Roller to come back, despite the potential problems that could create for the budget and other signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifilli
                              Well, very low is relative. It's low - but he still has to find a club willing to pay a buyout for a player of his class.
                              Maybe Roller doesn't need to find a club to pay the buyout rate...
                              I guess he paid to get out of the contract last year, because he didn't have a new team when he left Frankfurt!

I'm not sure about Hunt. He's propably very cheap and could turn out to be a steal. But I guess he's more of a SG than a PG. I don't see him playing with Roller. Pascal would need a different kind of player on his side...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information