ASK Riga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASK Riga

So you guys have lots of future plans with this team and overall it doesn't seem to be so bad (considering it reached Latvian league semifinal), but can someone explain me why ASK Riga didn't play in BBL this year?

Well, Im not Latvian, but the answer is that they didnt finish in Top5 of Latvian League last year. And only 5 teams from Latvia were allowed to play in BBL this year.

Comment

Riga has huge plans and big ambitions and I'm sure they'll have success.
      Why ASK didn't played in BBL already this season?
      There was few factors why they didn't played.
      One was that our Basketball Federations (LBS) president Mr. Kehris didn't wanted them there, because he wanted to re-launch old giant by himself, but it didn't come true, so he didn't gave them wild card.
      But I don't think that LBS didn't wanted ASK Riga in BBL, they were just didn't ready for it. Also results in 04/05 weren't best.
      For this season their goal is to be in LBL TOP 3 and they've very good chances to fill goal.
      Now they've went off big pressure, because they beat Valmiera in 1/4 finals and now they can use advantage in 1/2 finals series vs. Barons. If they'd lost to Valmiera, that would almost end all ambitions and projects, cuz sponsors wants results. But they beat Valmiera and all gates for success are open.
      Talking about sponsors: this season budget already is 1 million dollars, which is big and will only increase when they'll play in BBL + Eurocups.

Any more questions about ASK, Latvian bball?

Comment

What is about Kambala? I heard that he will play next season in ASK/Riga...
        Hello!

Comment

Originally posted by RVS
          What is about Kambala? I heard that he will play next season in ASK/Riga...
          Were did u hear that?
          Write the source please!
          Anyway, I think Kambala will play in ASK, because next is his last year of contract with Fenerbache and then I think his value will be lower then it was before 2 years, when he played at Real Madrid. And also ASK's budget will increase so he'll play there.

Comment

Kambala contract ran out?? wow, it can be great purchase for LRytas

and I didn't want to create new topic and didn't find topic about LBL, so I will ask there.

http://eurobasket.lt/?news.id.15323

How u can understand this article is about G.Vėtra. Can u tell me more about him? Is he good coach? Is it positive step for Barons?

Is "Arena Riga" the same arena where SEB BBL StarsGame was?

What about Barons president and Bagatskis? will they go to trial?

In which arena next year ASK Riga will play? how much seats are there?

Which Latvian teams in which Eurocups will play next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas
              Kambala contract ran out?? wow, it can be great purchase for LRytas

and I didn't want to create new topic and didn't find topic about LBL, so I will ask there.

http://eurobasket.lt/?news.id.15323

How u can understand this article is about G.Vėtra. Can u tell me more about him? Is he good coach? Is it positive step for Barons?

I'll try to answer to some of your questions!

G.Vētra before two years was head coach of Barons/LU, last year he was head coach of Ural Great and they get FIBA Eurocup(or something like that, i don't remember now), now he will be head coach of Barons/LU

Yes, in "Arena Riga" where StarsGame. There also was World Ice Hockey Championship too.

Well, now I think nobody don't know about it at the moment... will see!

Maybe ASK Riga also play in Arena Riga! I know that for example in football two good teams plays in one stadium(AC Milan and Inter)

Ventspils - ULEB Cup
              ASK/Riga - i think in some FIBA Cup
              Barons/LU - i think they will play in some FIBA Cup too
              Hello!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas
                Vetra is decent coach, he spend last season in Russia, he was assistant coach for Ural Great and he said that season was very valuable, cuz he got good experience. I think it's good move by Barons...

Yup.
                Maybe they will go, but more info we'll get later.
                This season they played all home games at DSN (~1000 seats), but they has shown interest by playing at Arena Riga.
                Personally I'd love to see both Riga's clubs playing at Arena...
                BTW, you can check out arena's website for more info: http://www.arenariga.com
                Nothing is official yet, but most likely Venstpils will remain to participate in ULEB Cup, Barons & ASK in FIBA Cup.

Comment

Article abour ASKRiga PG Rodney Billups
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Bump!

Seems that ASK Rīga is successfully rebuilding. Everything points to that ASK will play in BBL's Elite Division next season. They already have pre-contracts with four players - Uvis Helmanis, Martynas Andriukaitis, Raitis Grafs un Ugis Vilums. Their home arena for BBL games will be Arena Riga.

Comment

Hello, has anybody seen playing Martins Laska, a young player that is training with Bilbao Basket?
                      Do you think that could be a good player in the next years?
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by aitorful View Post
                        Hello, has anybody seen playing Martins Laska, a young player that is training with Bilbao Basket?
                        Do you think that could be a good player in the next years?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        He comes from ASK junior team and he played well there. His father also played pro basketball and was in National team, so probably one of his biggest strengths is basketball IQ. I think he has all tools to become good player - good size, attitude and he knows game.

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Seems that ASK Riga will fold. After last season ASK had debts around 1,4 millions euros, but in summer there was a group of bussinesmen who were ready to make rescue plan for club. They made plan and agreed with majority of creditors (mostly players whom ASK owed money) that they will reduce debts to around 300-350K euros.

They also found sponsors and their budget could've been around 500K euros for next seaosn. But plan couldn't succeed when they weren't approved for BBL Elite division. ASK had agreement with sponsors that only if they are playing in BBL Elite division, then they're recieving money. Actually our federation (LBS) can be blamed for this, because at first they had to decide. They couldn't do it and they passed decision to BBL.

So one good team with rich history (ASK Riga is three time Euroleague champion) less in Latvia.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information