Euroleague Final : Maccabi - CSKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Final : Maccabi - CSKA

This is the final that evreybody wants and they get it this year.....
    Gershon vs. Messina great matchup!

I for shure go all the way with Maccabi...... team of winners!

MTA vs. CSKA

Gershon vs. Messina
    Parker vs. Papaloukas
    Solomon vs. Holden
    Vujcic vs. Van Den Spiegel
    Baston vs. Vanterpool
    In short, the best offensive against the best defensive team in Euroleague!

Last edited by Arik; 04-29-2006, 08:19 PM.
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

It should be something like that :

Gershon vs. Messina
      Parker vs. Vanterpool
      Solomon vs. Holden
      Vujcic vs. Van Den Spiegel
      Baston vs. Smodis
      Burstein vs. Langdon

Comment

We can draw many matchups between MTA and CSKA, but I'm sure it's very hard for Maccabi to win crucial game without Parker in good condition, as well as CSKA without good "Papas" will probably lose important game.
        Last edited by Arik; 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM.
        MACCABI TEL AVIV
        Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

Parker is in good condition to this match.
          He still played in the game against TAU after he got "injured".

Comment

I think everything but Maccabi's clear victory would be surprise. CSKA is the weakest team on F4 IMO. I know Andersen is out but I don't know how a team with such big budget can only have 3 players on bench that can actually play EL (Papaloukas-he's great, Van den Spiegel and Panov, who is like 100 years old allready).
            "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

okay it mgiht be blasphemous to state the NBA on this thread BUT if you go to nba.com and look @ the editor's pick or game highlights it will show case a summary of the games of the euroleague
              "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by boki
                I think everything but Maccabi's clear victory would be surprise. CSKA is the weakest team on F4 IMO. I know Andersen is out but I don't know how a team with such big budget can only have 3 players on bench that can actually play EL (Papaloukas-he's great, Van den Spiegel and Panov, who is like 100 years old allready).
                Got to disagree here. I think Maccabi will have much harder time than aginst Tau. Here's why:
                - Messina is a much better coach than Perasovic (and Ivanovic). Gershon has naver managed to beat him.
                - Maccabi always had problems with well coached, physical teams, as well as with slow paced games (Olimpyakos is a good example). If CSKA impose this kind of pace, Maccabi will be in trouble.
                - In all previous F4s, CSKA came as favorites, and the pressure killed them (never passed the semis). This is not the case tonight (also due to Maccabi's outstanding performance against Tau).
                - And there's this thing with the refs. I don't think the refs won the game for CSKA against poor Barca, but CSKA keeps getting help from them throughout the seasons (last year's semi against Tau was an extreme example, though they still managed to lose). In a close game such as I expect, this may be very significant. Baston (a key player tonight) tends to receive many questionable fouls, and the Fucka case can also repeat with the hot blooded Solomon, Sharp or even coach Gershon.

I'm not saying Panov will raise the cup, but I really think it's anybody's match. I hope Maccabi will take it, not only because I'm their fan, but for the sake of the attractive and intelligent bball in Europe.

D.

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Originally posted by Digdis
                  Got to disagree here. I think Maccabi will have much harder time than aginst Tau. Here's why:
                  - Messina is a much better coach than Perasovic (and Ivanovic). Gershon has naver managed to beat him.
                  - Maccabi always had problems with well coached, physical teams, as well as with slow paced games (Olimpyakos is a good example). If CSKA impose this kind of pace, Maccabi will be in trouble.
                  - In all previous F4s, CSKA came as favorites, and the pressure killed them (never passed the semis). This is not the case tonight (also due to Maccabi's outstanding performance against Tau).
                  - And there's this thing with the refs. I don't think the refs won the game for CSKA against poor Barca, but CSKA keeps getting help from them throughout the seasons (last year's semi against Tau was an extreme example, though they still managed to lose). In a close game such as I expect, this may be very significant. Baston (a key player tonight) tends to receive many questionable fouls, and the Fucka case can also repeat with the hot blooded Solomon, Sharp or even coach Gershon.

I'm not saying Panov will raise the cup, but I really think it's anybody's match. I hope Maccabi will take it, not only because I'm their fan, but for the sake of the attractive and intelligent bball in Europe.

D.
                  I couldn't say it better.

Comment

Maccabi - CSKA 98-83 (42-19, 58-38, 77-64)

Maccabi: Parker 34 (12/16 2pts, 2/4 3pts, 4/4 ft, 31 points in the first half), Baston 9 (0/0 2pts, 3/3 3pts, 17 blocks), Gershon two time outs in the last 9 seconds of the game

CSKA: Holden 4 (0/3 2pts, 1/29 3pts, 1/2 ft), Panov 6 (3/6 fg, 2 knock-out against Burstein and Sharp), Papaloukas 78 pts.

----------------

3rd place game:
                    Tau - Barcelona 164-188
                    Tau: Prigioni 4 and 34 assists, Drobnjak 0/2 in 12 minutes, Scola 60 (25/28 2pts, 10/14 ft), David 41
                    Barcelona: Marconato 6 and 21 rebs, Kakiouzis 2 (1/1 fg), Williams 6 (1/2 2pts, 1/3 3pts, 1/4 ft), Navarro 142 (46/121 2pts, 10/37 3pts, 20/22 ft).
                    Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lebowski
                      Maccabi - CSKA 98-83 (42-19, 58-38, 77-64)

Maccabi: Parker 34 (12/16 2pts, 2/4 3pts, 4/4 ft, 31 points in the first half), Baston 9 (0/0 2pts, 3/3 3pts, 17 blocks), Gershon two time outs in the last 9 seconds of the game

CSKA: Holden 4 (0/3 2pts, 1/29 3pts, 1/2 ft), Panov 6 (3/6 fg, 2 knock-out against Burstein and Sharp), Papaloukas 78 pts.

----------------

3rd place game:
                      Tau - Barcelona 164-188
                      Tau: Prigioni 4 and 34 assists, Drobnjak 0/2 in 12 minutes, Scola 60 (25/28 2pts, 10/14 ft), David 41
                      Barcelona: Marconato 6 and 21 rebs, Kakiouzis 2 (1/1 fg), Williams 6 (1/2 2pts, 1/3 3pts, 1/4 ft), Navarro 142 (46/121 2pts, 10/37 3pts, 20/22 ft).
                      LMAO.

Not sure if Baston's 3 pt. stats is this off base.
                      D.

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Navarro 142 (15/37 2pts, 4/15 3pts, 100/109 ft).
                        Here you go
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                          okay it mgiht be blasphemous to state the NBA on this thread BUT if you go to nba.com and look @ the editor's pick or game highlights it will show case a summary of the games of the euroleague
                          u r right. i think very few people care about the nba here. we actually believe that european basketball is better . no offense, hey?
                          sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade
                            u r right. i think very few people care about the nba here. we actually believe that european basketball is better . no offense, hey?
                            Hey.. NBA is still the best bball league, and when you watch the Suns, You watch the most beautiful basketball on Earth. What I, and others, love in European basketball, though, is the passion. NBA lacks that passion, and the truth is that the TV commentators there are giving me a headache more than excitement and passion to the game..

Comment

A day in EL history

This match as the maken of not only a classic,but also history in the making.
                              If maccabi wins they will become the best team in europen history:
                              A.)They will do the 3pt...
                              B.)there 2004 finals was a crashing finals victory.
                              C.)In there era they gave a 90+ PPG avg as a team(no el team ever came close to that).
                              D.)Gershon will be the greatest couch of all time in europe(count the final fours in a raw, winings etc...)
                              E.)The best and most loyal fans,that actully make the EL populer- the yellow maccabi fans(without them the EL managmanet wouldnt even sell half of the tickets to the F4).

And also history can be made for CSKA also an amazing team,thay have the chance to win the title after they last won it, back in the late 70's(1979 if im not mistaken).

In short its the best couch in europe and the most populer team vs the best deffansive team in europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information