Basketball shoes have become a staple for everyone. Hoopers and non-hoopers seem to want to have sneakers up their racks. High-quality basketball sneakers boost your confidence and game on-court. Offcourt, they are the perfect match for those jeans, round-necks, street-style wear, and even work-friendly pieces. However, the best basketball shoes come at a cost. They are expensive and sometimes overpriced.
But you do not have to go out of style or see a drop in your game because you do not have big bucks. We have identified the best basketball shoes under $100 and we hope to show you how you could make the most of these budget models with a buying guide.
The 10 Best Basketball Shoes under $100- Interbasket Exclusive
As technology advances, the price of basketball shoes doubles. Luckily there are some cool signature shoes as well as secondary take-down pairs in the men, women, and unisex categories. These shoes offer the best performance in their price range. They also allow you to enjoy the game and show off when you want.
We are presenting the hands-on experience of the best basketball shoes under $100 by looking at their specs, aesthetics, technology, and other details. We will also examine the pros and cons of each sneaker to help you decide what is best for you.
At a Glance of the 10 Best Basketball Shoes under 100 Dollars
|Product Dimensions (LxWxH in inches)
|Adidas Harden Stepback 2.0
|13.89 x 8.98 x 5.28
|Adidas Coll3ctiv3 2020 Mid shoe
|12.56 x 8.43 x 4.88
|Adidas Harden Vol. 5 Futurenatural
|12.28 x 8.11 x 4.8
|PUMA Men’s Triple
|12.05 x 9.13 x 4.45
|Adidas Hoops 2.0 Mid shoe
|12.95 x 8.98 x 4.8
|Reebok More Buckets
|13.74 x 9.84 x 4.88
|Nike Kyrie Flytrap IV
|13 x 8.3 x 4.5
|9.17 x 3.35 x 3.74
|Adidas Postmove Mid shoe
|11.77 x 9.02 x 4.33
|Adidas Women’s Post Up
|11.34 x 9.96 x 4.29
Unisex Basketball Shoes Under 100 Dollars
1. Adidas Unisex-Adult Harden Stepback 2.0 Basketball Shoe
The Adidas Unisex-Adult Harden Stepback 2.0 Basketball Shoe has a durable rubber sole and underfoot cushioning, which makes it ideal for everyday use on any surface. The design is similar to the Harden Vol 5, both of which were released in 2021. The kick is built with flexible bounce cushioning. The bounce technology makes the shoe firm and responsive and offers moderate impact protection when up against the rim.
The Harden Stepback 2.0 features a patterned outsole, which provides an elevated grip. A textile mesh setup and a lacing system across nylon eyelets provide extra breathability and comfort. Its wide forefoot keeps your foot comfortable for the entire play, setting you up for a dunk or defensive play.
The Harden Stepback 2.0 has a 4.5-star performance from 615 global ratings. Click here to see the other colors it comes in.
|Moderate impact protection
|The outsole is dust-prone under dirtier conditions
|Excellent for both indoor and outdoor use
|The mid-sole is a little too firm
|The traction might take some getting used to
|Comes in a variety of colors
2. Adidas Unisex-Adult Coll3ctiv3 2020 Mid Basketball Shoe
The Adidas Unisex-Adult Coll3ctiv3 2020 Mid Shoe comes with a torsion spring plate installed in the midsole to improve support and stability. Its GeoFit Technology for the interior and Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) outsoles provide comfort and lightweight resistance to wear and tear.
The Coll3ctiv3 2020 Mid Shoe has one of the coolest color combinations with more than half a dozen picks available. Its traditional lacing system and durable fabric enable easier adjustments and make up for the shoe’s odd fit caused by the tongue being on the outside.
The Adidas Unisex-Adult Coll3ctiv3 2020 Mid Shoe gets an overall rating of 4.2 stars from 200+ customer feedbacks. If you think the footgear doesn’t perform too badly and want to get one, you can get it here.
|Could be too narrow for users
|Responsive and flexible
|The outsole is dust-prone under dirtier conditions
|Comes in a variety of colors
|Accumulates dust easily
3. Adidas Unisex-Adult Harden Vol. 5 Futurenatural Basketball Shoe
The Harden Vol 5 shoe is designed with Futurenatural construction, which provides a snug fit perfectly suited for the player’s anatomy by merging the upper and midsole. Its lightstrike drop-in midsole provides cushioning. Reinforced with the Adidas Boost technology, you get incredible energy return to keep your feet moving.
The signature shoe from James Harden has a regular fit with lace closure for a more personalized fit. What it lacks in flexibility and traction, it makes up for with its anatomical last design, which gives extra lockdown.
A 4.0-star performance from 150+ customer feedbacks suggests that there are a couple of mixed feedbacks about the shoe. Overall, its performance is not bad. Click here if you want to explore your options with this shoe.
|Lacks dead space in the forefoot
|Could be quite stiff
|Has adequate cushioning
|The traction is not so great
|Has good support and stability
Best Men's Basketball Shoes Under $100
1. PUMA Men's Triple Basketball Shoe
The PUMA Men’s Triple puts together performance mesh, leather overlays, and ProFoam in perfect harmony. The shoe gets its name from its three-formstrip design between the mid and upper soles. Soft-touch and decent compression make the kick ideal for young players.
The Men’s Triple has a full coverage rubber outsole with PUMA’s high abrasion, sticky rubber compound for enhanced durability and traction. It is ideal for clean floors but still does well under more dusty conditions. Also, if you have wide feet, you might want to stick with the Puma Men’s Triple like this user. The shoe gets a 4.6-star rating from 150+ customer feedbacks. Click here to check the specs.
|Lateral support could be better
|Heel slippage could occur for those with narrow feet
2. Adidas Men's Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe
If you are looking for a stylish, durable, and budget-friendly Adidas sneaker, the Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe might be just what you need. The mid-top lifestyle shoe has a stylish upper made of synthetic leather. Its grippy, white rubber outsole not only provides durable traction but also looks good on any casual outfit.
When it comes to comfort, a breathable mesh collar and a die-cut EVA sock liner provide comfort and breathability for a long time. The Adidas Hoops 2.0 Mid shoe is lightweight and gives off a modern vibe with its signature 3-stripes that appear on the sides. Minimalist sneakerheads would love the neutral colorways and timeless look of this shoe.
The shoe has received mostly positive customer feedbacks with a 4.6-star performance from 1,275+ global ratings. Click here to see how this kick could pair off with outfits in your closet.
|Inside seams may cause some pain when the shoe bends
|Great for casual wear
|Could be hard to put on for some people
|Durable and affordable
3. Reebok Men's More Buckets Basketball Shoe
The Reebok Men’s More Buckets gives an old-school vibe with its oversized retro vector design. These classic trainers are built for on-court play with their durable leather exterior and rubber outsole for superior grip and bounce. Users get support from a breathable textile upper and padded collar. The high-top shoes with supportive mid-cut silhouette and a secure lace-up closure help users to a superior performance on the court.
The Reebok Men’s More Buckets shoe is equipped with a soft breathable upper and a cushioned midsole to keep you comfortable during practice. The excellent combination of EVA midsole and rubber outsole provides decent durability. Overall, the shoe gets a 4.6-star rating from 250+ customer feedbacks, which makes it cool.
Click here if you think you could dominate the courts with these sneakers.
|Could be slightly narrow- need to go a size up
|Signature retro style
|It is not the most durable shoe
|High abrasion rubber outsole
4. Nike Men's Kyrie Flytrap IV Basketball Shoe
The Nike Men’s Kyrie Flytrap IV Basketball Shoe is a decent option for people who need an affordable signature shoe on a budget. The shoe offers great support with its padded molded collar, non-stretchy materials, interior bands, and laces. The upper materials feel a bit too light and traction on dusty surfaces is not the best.
The Kyrie Flytrap IV makes up for its average traction by maxing out the Air Zoom unit in the forefoot for ultimate responsiveness. The wavy distorted outsole pattern also guarantees quick lateral movement. Not much quality and performance is lost despite Nike bringing down the price of the Kyrie Flytrap 4 significantly. See what this user had to say.
The Nike Men’s Kyrie Flytrap IV Basketball Shoe has a 4.5-star rating from 385+ customer feedbacks. Click here to see if this shoe could be a great fit for you.
|Could be slightly narrow; need to go a size up
|The grip is not the most reliable
|Branded “KI” design
Best Women's Basketball Shoes Under $100
1. Nike Women's Low-Top Basketball Shoes
The Nike Women’s Low-Top is reminiscent of the’80s hoops style, thanks to its medium-cut padded ankle and stitches that run on the upper and leather. The Moulded rubber sole and padded insoles provide support and comfort respectively. The footgear revels in its eye-catching colorways and versatile silhouette, which make it casually appealing.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly addition to your shoe rack, you might consider going for these laceup shoes. They are lightweight, comfy, and easy to clean. The Nike Women’s Low-Top has a rating of 4.5 stars from 375+ customer feedbacks.
Click here to see if you could turn heads with these sneakers when next you step out.
|Could be slightly narrow; need to go a size up
|Quite susceptible to creasing
2. Adidas Women's Postmove Mid Basketball Shoe
The Adidas Women’s Postmove Mid Basketball Shoe unites vintage flavor with modern street style. Released in September 2021, the synthetic leather upper in this fashion sneaker has a lace closure with a hook-and-loop top strap for optimal comfort and fit.
The Adidas Women’s Postmove Mid Basketball Shoe has a Geofit collar that forms perfectly around the ankles. A Cloudfoam midsole and a durable rubber outsole provide a superior level of comfort and grip on the go. The sneaker’s Adidas branding and stripes put on a classy show.
Customer feedbacks show a 4.6-star performance from 285+ ratings. While you are here, find out more about the Adidas Women’s Postmove Mid Basketball Shoe.
|Could be malodorous under humid conditions
|Could be a little tight at the top
3. Adidas Women's Post Up Basketball Shoe
The Adidas Women’s Post Up Basketball Shoe offers you the chance to elevate your game with its sporty look and feel. A Cloudfoam midsole and a durable rubber outsole provide comfort, cushioning, and grip on the go. The women’s basketball-inspired sneakers come with a Geofit collar for a snug fit.
The Adidas Women’s Post Up Basketball Shoe has lace closure for a custom fit. It has a 4.6-star customer feedbacks from 150+ global ratings. Click here if you want to shop for these trainers.
|Might squeak loudly when walking in them
|Heels could get rolled in
How to choose the best basketball shoes under $100
Getting more value for less money sounds appealing to many people. Do you need sneakers for your daily training sessions or would you do just fine with a solid backup pair? There are a couple of things to consider when shopping for the best basketball shoes under $100.
- Durability: What kind of surface would you be playing on? Would you be playing indoors or outdoors? What type of material is used for the shoe? Concrete, tartan, hardwood, acrylic, asphalt, or rubber? Hardwood and acrylic flooring may heat up during summer. Shoes with softer rubber outsoles give a good grip on hardwood courts while outsoles with harder rubber last longer on asphalt courts. These factors will determine how long your shoes will last.
- Support: What is your role on the court? High tops offer the best ankle support, which makes them excellent for post positions however; they are quite heavy and could decrease your speed bursts and fast breaks. Mid-tops give you those extra yards lost from high-tops but they offer less stability. They are great for all-rounders on the court. Low-tops are super light and provide the least ankle support, which could be great for point guards.
- Quality: What type of material is used in making the shoes? Genuine leather and textile help with breathability while the rubber material on the outsole takes most of the punishment. Shoes made from premium quality material last longer but fake rubber leaves holes in your shoes in no time.
- Utility: Do you need a replacement or a pair of backup options? Do you intend to use your sneakers for outdoor play or do you want to rock them with your favorite casual outfit? For instance, the Adidas Women’s Postmove Mid Basketball Shoe is a great outdoor kick for women while the Nike Women’s Low-Top may be better suited for casual wear. High-end shoes with the latest technology would cost you more than other shoes required for everyday activities.
- Traction: Narrow traction models attract lots of dirt and lose grip quite easily. Wider grip patterns last longer under harsh conditions.
- Cushioning: Outdoor courts are not as forgiving as indoor courts. If you are an older player or you have some joint problems, you should consider trainers with extra cushion. However, if the cushion is too high, it gets unstable and leads to more problems. If it is too low, it has no impact either. The bounce on the cushion determines your on-court responsiveness when moving around. It should not be too soft or too stiff.
- Fit: Do you have wide or narrow feet? Getting the perfect fit helps you to avoid foot problems and accidents occurring as a result of poor fitting. Unisex shoes are in men sizing. Women should size down by 1 to 1.5. You might find the Adidas brand somewhat inconsistent with its sizing.
- Design: Do you need flashy sneaker designs or a more traditional look. Do you need colors that match your personality? If you care about tiny aesthetic designs, then you might want to go for trainers with more contemporary designs.
- Weight: Lightweight shoes are better suited for daily use while heavy shoes are better for outdoor use.
Our pick of the best basketball shoes under $100
The Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe has a sleek lightweight design that makes it great for casual wear. Its stylish upper is made of synthetic rubber while the white rubber outsole provides durable traction on the court. A breathable mesh collar and die-cut EVA sock liner provide comfort.
Among all the shoes we have discussed, the Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid shoe received the most critical acclaim with a 4.6-star performance from 1,275 global ratings. The shoe is stylish, comfy, reliable, durable, and budget-friendly. These qualities make the shoe our top pick.
What matters the most to you among the qualities highlighted in the buyer’s guide? Everyone has different tastes. However, these ten best basketball shoes under $100 have shown that great pricing and value do not always have to come with a loss in functionality or performance. We hope that this guide has given you a better idea of what to look for when choosing basketball shoes.
interbasket.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon (includes .com, .ca, .co.uk, .de, .it, .es and .fr) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.