Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think japeth aguilar should play?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
    My two cents:
    Let me know one European team that is going to offer him a contract,. And I am not talking about a thrid division team in Germany or a second division team in Switzerland.
    This kid has no stats that would attract a mediocre team to sign him right away.If he competes in some of the summer camps around, he might gets some attention by some teams...this would be his only option regarding Europe right now.there are tons of American D1 players with better stats and talent and Aguilar would count as non-European like any of the American players viewing for a job in Europe.
    No team is willing to give him a contract to develop his game in Europe as most team need instant offense and defense on a high level and honestly doubt Aguilar can even compete in the Spanish third divison (LEB Silver) on a regular base next season.Hope he can make it to the Chinese League (CBA) or the D-League to develop his game and bounce back from his injury-riddled college career in Kentucky.
    Yes yes.

Comment

if i were him, i'll try out with any nbdl teams or hope he'll sign up by any nba summer league teams. as for RP team, i'll choose both and i accept the offer by SBP to play for smart gilas. and since he's an nbdl/nba prospect(though he might get low salary) plus the contract of SBP, thats a plus. and thats the decision i'll be made if i were Japeth.

if i were also japeth, i also look what happen to my father who was blessed with talent and height but his talent was wasted by some PBA politics. i'll took the other route.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
        NBDL - not so high salary, chance to improve his skills, chance in landing in the NBA

Europe- High pay, language barrier (small problem), chance to improve his game, chance to enter the NBA.

I pick these two.
        I agree. If nothing happens there's always the PBA.

Comment

what i mean is that even if he is still pinoy , he has got an american gf so he will be an american citizen when and if they marry. same effect.

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
          Really? Where'd you get that information?
          Last edited by pachador; 06-26-2009, 04:22 PM.
          =========================================
          Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

is japeth public property already? i'd rather not talk of his personal life at this stage of his young career. but if i were him, i'll play first for the country because there is no greater honor.

Comment

Anywhere but here!...but first hook up with GILAS and look for opportunities elsewhere since the PBA is here to stay whether he is successful or not, many teams will be after his services since there are few 6'9 Filipinos who play organized basketball.

Comment

I think the best way for Japeth, in my own opinion, is to play in the NBDL and get a chance to be expose in the NBA while playing for the RP Team before going to Europe... even if it means 2-5 minutes a game... I remember New Zealand's Kirk Penney... he struggled a lot in getting playing time in the NBA despite leading his country's national team in scoring in several international tournaments... then after two years, left for Europe where his career really blossomed... there, stayed for about two years as well... won championship titles then return to New Zealand and now, he's the best player south of the Equator (outside Argentina)... Imagine if Japeth can do the same thing... stay in the NBDL, a chanece to be expose in the NBA... then two years later, move to Europe and play there for another two years.. then comeback to RP and beat the shyte outta everyone in Asia and dominate PBA...

That was just a comparison, its really up to Japeth where he wants to go... for me, the further away he is from the PBA his chances to be in the NBA is closer, but the closer he is to the PBA his chances to the NBA fades away.. If he does choose the PBA... I'll be the among the first people to whine about it... then calm down few days later... and slowly accepting it and hoping for the next Filipino NBA caliber....

sigpic

Comment

come on Japeth stay away from the PBA!!! please... im praying that he would be drated by any NBDL team. its the best place to improve his skills and start a pro career. he can even join the NBDL all-star slam dunk contest and get noticed by the NBA just like James White

Comment

did he graduated already, If so , why didn't he enter the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                      he doesn't have an impressive stats in NCAA... the best way for him now are summer camps or in tryouts or NBDL... I'd rather have him stay over there and play in NBDL than comeback home... I think NBDL can help him improve... even if he didn't made it to the big league at least being able to play in the U.S. is a big benifit for him...

sigpic

Comment

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

2007-2008 13.3 2.7 3.3 1.0 2.7 .38 1.0 1.3 1.0 .400 .800 .000 1.60
                        2008-2009 5.1 1.5 .9 .0 .3 .00 .1 .4 .6 .563 .600 .000 1.31

with his low stats with WKU cause of lack of playing time for sure NBA will ignore him cause he didnt prove anything with WKU. but he can show his skills by joining the NBDL.

Comment

He is just being real, with his stats in the injury-plagued two playing years with WKU, no NBA team would gamble on drafting him within the 2 rounds of the NBA Draft. So Japeth did not enter his name in the NBA Draft but instead opted to work on getting into the NBA via the NBA D-League, that way he is hoping that the performance he would show at the D-League would merit a look from the NBA Teams.

His performance at the D-League Pre-Draft Camp at Los Angeles last June 19-21 has shown he can compete if he is given a chance. After he was asked to play the 3 position, some scouts said if he can further improve his shooting range he could be a player in the mold of Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons. This fired-up Japeth to work harder.

When I was able to talk to Peter Aguilar, Japeth's father, he said people at the camp advised Japeth not to bulk up and if he wants to play at the NBA he better concentrate in playing the 3 or 4 positions, they don't see him making the grade of a good center. If he bulks up, they see Japeth losing his spring in his legs and his athleticism which are Japeth's asset, they do see that he could develop into a very good forward if ever he makes it at the NBA. But it would take a lot of sacrifice and hard work for Japeth as he was trained since he was so young to play as the big man and now he needs to adjust his game.
                          Last edited by nardy; 06-26-2009, 05:42 PM.
                          LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

i saw japeth being interviewed by dominic uy at the height SMB-BGK encounter yesterday. he seems to be upbeat with his potentials and let's just hope he can make it to any of the NBDL teams. for that matter, he better stay in the US and take the route going to the NBA. he can be good asset to any team here in the PBA and his intention to sign up with the powerade team or with the gilas. but if the reports are true that if SBP will take it stand not to attend the invitation of FIBA for a meeting with the special investigating team created to look into the squabble with BAP then there is a likelihood that RP basketball association will be suspended by FIBA. if it will happen, then it no longer hold any significance for him to continue to be here.

shame on you GRAHAM LIM for being so deceitful and keep on making all the moves to disrupt the growth of RP basketball. go back to where you're from and there you spread your virus not here in our country.
                            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Japeth so far has made good decisions...since HS, Mapua and Ateneo had a tug-of-war regarding him...and now he's coming from the US..he has always been deciding for the better...so either he plays for the PBA or for Smart Gilas, I'll be happy for him. he'll be an instant hype if ever he enters the PBA, just like what they did to rookies like Denver Lopez and Alex Cabagnot who where just hypes and not as good as advertised, regarding Smart Gilas, hmm....he'll be a big help too. but if he goes abroad, I doubt if he'll improve their sitting on the bench just like what happened to him in WKU.
                              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

some shite player like Yuta Tabuse made it to the NBA and he wasn't even an NBDL revelation.

no offense to Japeth Aguilar, but i think his only chance of making the NBA is if some GM from a big Filipino-market city like LA, Dallas, Houston, NY, Washington, or Chicago wanted to fill extra seats in the stands. the guy has played center all his life and him being asked to play the 3 or 4 doesn't sound right.

i haven't seen him play since DLSU beat ADMU in his last year with the Eagles. all i see are youtube dunks of him in WKU. how far is his shooting range now? has he developed a quick first step? how good is his ball-handling?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information