Tongue Twisters - not boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongue Twisters - not boring

Tongue twisters are regarded as child's entertainment. However, it's an effective and easy way to improve your enunciation and pronunciation.

Does anyone know any good ones other than what I've posted below (repeat them in rapid succession and multiple times.

"A proper copper coffee pot"

"Ruler"

"Soldier's Shoulder" - perhaps the hardest.. ever

Rivalry. I can't even type it without messing it up.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
      "Ruler"
      I believe this one only applies to Asian people

aim low, score high

Comment

There's a very funny one in Portuguese: "Fui ao mar colher cordões, vim do mar cordões colhi" (I went to the sea to pick strings, I came back from the sea strings I picked). Tough to say and instead of "cordões" you end up saying "c*lhões" which is a very rude way of saying testicles
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

You actually made me laugh out loud with this one.
          The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

Yeah I have seen many East Asians suffer while attempting to pronounce the letter "R"

No offense for the Pinoys here but they also suffer with the letter "F" and use "P" instead.. as apparently "In Tagalog there is no f, so they pronounce a p instead".

I kid you not I was asked the following by a Filipina waitress at a restaurant as I just finished my meal... "Sir, you pinis?"
            Good thing that I knew that she meant or else I would have had other thoughts

There's also.... "Do you want prench pries with your pish pillet"

For clarification not all Pinoys have issues with this but I have seen quite a few and that's why i'm mentioning it...

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
              Yeah I have seen many East Asians suffer while attempting to pronounce the letter "R"

No offense for the Pinoys here but they also suffer with the letter "F" and use "P" instead.. as apparently "In Tagalog there is no f, so they pronounce a p instead".

I kid you not I was asked the following by a Filipina waitress at a restaurant as I just finished my meal... "Sir, you pinis?"
              Good thing that I knew that she meant or else I would have had other thoughts

There's also.... "Do you want prench pries with your pish pillet"

For clarification not all Pinoys have issues with this but I have seen quite a few and that's why i'm mentioning it...

There's an F in the tagalog alphabet (it's the same as english + two letters = Ng and n with this (~) on top)

regarding the F and P mispronunciation, it's kind of common for some Pinoys. ^_^ . I myself find it kind of funny.

try saying this is a fast pace:

"A box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer."

Comment

I know a good one - massachusetts - many people are troubled to pronounce this word especially drunk ones for me it is easy, that is why I was surprised a lot when found out this.

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post
                  I know a good one - massachusetts - many people are troubled to pronounce this word especially drunk ones for me it is easy, that is why I was surprised a lot when found out this.
                  Oh come on man ..
                  You want a good challenging word to say when you're drunk...

Try this for a change :

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                  Tongue twisters are regarded as child's entertainment. However, it's an effective and easy way to improve your enunciation and pronunciation.

Does anyone know any good ones other than what I've posted below (repeat them in rapid succession and multiple times.

"A proper copper coffee pot"

"Ruler"

"Soldier's Shoulder" - perhaps the hardest.. ever
                  I just remembered this one pare
                  Try saying it quickly and tell me what you think :

Sarah sold sea shells by the sea shore

Comment

Oh come on man ..
                    You want a good challenging word to say when you're drunk...

Try this for a change :

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

I just remembered this one pare
                    Try saying it quickly and tell me what you think :

botched the first time I said it out loud. hahaha
                    It's kind of easy after a few runs.

although honestly, I have no problem with tongue twisters, saying a couple before going to bed and after waking up.
                    It's a good way to improve speech. Try this one:

la le li lo lu

Comment

Anyone dare to say this? Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                        Anyone dare to say this? Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
                        Lan-fair-pre-gingle?

wow. Thanks for the link rik just learned the longest place name in Europe and one of the longest in the world

Comment

I used to live 5 miles from that village (for 3 years or so). People would usually refer to it as Llanfair-PG.

It's not actually that difficult to pronounce. The difficult part is to remember it all The toughest part to pronounce I guess would be the quadruple L near the middle (pronounced "Chlchl").

Just remember that:
                          ll=chl
                          w=oo
                          f=v

Comment

Actually, it's not that hard... I mean, when you look at it, it's a nightmare, but if someone who knows teaches you, it's a bit different. I worked once with a Welshman for a week, and he taught some of us very well...

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch!
                            I've just pronounced it. (Yeah, right)

Edit: Fcuk, I didn't see that JCN already posted the same...

Here's a Serbian one...
                            Čokanjčićem ću te, čokanjčićem ćeÅ¡ me...
                            (Chokanychityem tyu teh, chokanychityem tyesh meh - something like that, and BTW, for me it's an absolute horror)

Comment

I like children's tongue twisters a lot. I think they're fun for everybody.
                              Growing up, we always said "she" instead of "Sarah."

Besides that one, there are two other really famous English tongue twisters. "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" I guess the word "chuck" is used as a verb and means "eat" or "throw." I'm not sure. There is also "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many peppers did Peter Piper pick?"

There's a Spanish tongue twister that I like: "compadre, coco no compro porque como poco coco y el que poco coco come poco coco compra." Or something I like that. "Buddy, don't buy me any coconuts because I eat few coconuts and he who eats few coconuts buys few coconuts." Sounds cuter in Spanish.
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information