No announcement yet.

PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i asked kuya greggyboi before if he ever plans on growing mean looking facial hair. He said no but instead he is planning on building mean looking muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
      It will be interesting to see if Coach Yeng can bring out Greg's mean streak. I suggest he starts with facial hair.
      I would be very happy if Greg S. ends up with RoS . .under coach Yeng's tutelage . .

Comment

Soc Rivera should try the draft this year.

Soc Rivera’s career was built on his choices. Now, at what sadly is the twilight of his basketball career at the very young age of 23, he needs to make another big decision yet again.

Comment

WHo owns meralco's pick?

Comment

Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
            WHo owns meralco's pick?
            Still theirs for 2013. But their 2014 pick is with ROS, courtesy of the Ronjay Buenafe trade in the off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
              I would be very happy if Greg S. ends up with RoS . .under coach Yeng's tutelage . .
              i doubt he goes anywhere but meralco/tnt...that's why i don't think he'll be joining the draft this year. whoever picks first (SMC i think) would be getting sangalang, which isn't that steep a drop off from greg.

Comment

Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                i doubt he goes anywhere but meralco/tnt...that's why i don't think he'll be joining the draft this year. whoever picks first (SMC i think) would be getting sangalang, which isn't that steep a drop off from greg.
                Depends really. Slaughter has signified his intent to join the draft next season so it would be interesting how the MVP camp can maneuver in preventing him from joining. He can still stay with the Gilas program though, and offer him a salary equivalent for a PBA rookie (P150k/month). But it would depend on how the national team will perform in the 2013 FIBA-Asia. If we make it in the Top 3, then we go to the Worlds and I expect Slaughter to defer his PBA application. But if we don't end up in the Worlds, Slaughter may have no other options left but to turn pro.

The problem for the MVP camp is that high up on the list of who'll get to draft him is San Mig Coffee (the owner of Global Port's first round pick). I don't see Global going far this conference so they may wound up at the cellar once more, further increasing their chances of winding up with 2 of 3 balls in the lottery. The other team most likely to be in the lottery is Air 21, and they don't own their pick as well.

If Slaughter joins the PBA in 2014, Meralco won't have a shot at him unless they work out a trade to earn back their first round pick. Their own has already been traded to ROS. TNT, as long as they're competitive, won't probably get a shot at Slaughter if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                  Depends really. Slaughter has signified his intent to join the draft next season so it would be interesting how the MVP camp can maneuver in preventing him from joining. He can still stay with the Gilas program though, and offer him a salary equivalent for a PBA rookie (P150k/month). But it would depend on how the national team will perform in the 2013 FIBA-Asia. If we make it in the Top 3, then we go to the Worlds and I expect Slaughter to defer his PBA application. But if we don't end up in the Worlds, Slaughter may have no other options left but to turn pro.

The problem for the MVP camp is that high up on the list of who'll get to draft him is San Mig Coffee (the owner of Global Port's first round pick). I don't see Global going far this conference so they may wound up at the cellar once more, further increasing their chances of winding up with 2 of 3 balls in the lottery. The other team most likely to be in the lottery is Air 21, and they don't own their pick as well.

If Slaughter joins the PBA in 2014, Meralco won't have a shot at him unless they work out a trade to earn back their first round pick. Their own has already been traded to ROS. TNT, as long as they're competitive, won't probably get a shot at Slaughter if ever.
                  didn't the meralco global trade include global's 2014 first rounder though?

Comment

That's one advantage SMC has over the MVP teams...the SMC group has stockpiled draft picks in order to get those prized rookies...the MVP camp can keep them all under the gilas cadet pool but they cant get a hold of them once they turn pro as they all need to go through the draft...

Comment

Barako bull, san mig, rain or shine have best shots at another rich freshman class

THE next PBA draft is still a good eight months away, yet fans can't seem to wait for the event to take place at the Robinsons Place in Ermita, Manila on November 3.

With top amateur stars like Greg Slaughter, Ian Sangalang, and Nico Salva expected to turn pro after this season, professional ballclubs are expected to have a shot at what should be another talented rookie class.

From the PBA teams, Barako Bull holds the edge in the race to sign Slaughter and Co. as the George Chua-owned franchise owns no less than four first-round picks, having acquired the rights of Barangay Ginebra, Petron, Meralco, and Talk 'N Text in past deals.

However, Barako’s original first-round pick, which could merit a higher draft place owing to its below-par showing this season, is owned by Rain or Shine owing to the four-team trade in 2011 that involved Sol Mercado, Ronjay Buenafe, Beau Belga and Ronnie Matias.

Aside from Rain or Shine and Barako, the other team that has a great shot at the top overall pick of the 2013 draft is San Mig Coffee, which owns Globalport's rights in the first round.

Both San Mig and Rain or Shine have to two first-round picks next year.

Other teams that have picks in the first round are Ginebra (acquired from Air 21) and the Alaska Aces.

The drafting positions will depend on the performances of the teams at the end of the Governors’ Cup in October, with the lower teams participating in a lottery to determine which gets the top three picks.

Aside from Sangalang, Salva and Slaughter, other marquee amateur and collegiate names set to be on the draft pool are Letran bigman Raymond Almazan, Adamson’s Alex Nuyles, San Sebastian’s Ronald Pascual, and Anthony Mark Brigas of FEU.

Former NCAA superstar Kevin Louie Alas of Letran has bared that he is not yet joining this year’s draft, opting to concentrate on his three-year commitment with Gilas Pilipinas.

Here now is a quick look at the picks owned by the teams in the first-two rounds (still not in order).

FIRST ROUND:

Alaska*

Barako Bull (from Ginebra)

San Mig Coffee (from Global Port)

Rain or Shine (from Barako Bull)

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel (from Air 21)

San Mig Coffee*

Barako Bull (from petron)

Barako Bull (from Meralco)

Barako Bull (from Talk n Text)

Rain or Shine*

SECOND ROUND:

Alaska*

Petron (from Ginebra)

Globalport*

San Mig (from Barako Bull)

Rain or Shine (from Air 21)

Barako Bull (from San Mig)

Alaska (from Petron)

Air 21 (from Meralco)

Talk n’ Text*

Rain or Shine*

Follow the writer on Twitter: @snowbadua
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

^some of the info there are inaccurate....i know sanmig dont anymore have their own first rounder.... it's snow badua so i only believe half of what he wrote...

Comment

Parks thinking of joining the 2013 draft..... Parks, slaughter & sangalang could go 1-2-3....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                            Parks thinking of joining the 2013 draft..... Parks, slaughter & sangalang could go 1-2-3....
                            Huge development, if that's the case. I think Parks is contemplating on turning pro because of the condition of his father. But he'll opt to turn pro if he has a solid chance of landing in a SMC team.

I think Yeng Guiao will surprise everyone by selecting Ian Sangalang in the draft, even if Slaughter is available. Parks is a no-brainer so he would most likely be the top pick. But if ROS doesn't get the chance to get Parks anymore, I have a feeling Guiao would opt for his fellow Kapampangan in Sangalang especially if he continues to be in good stead with the Pineda family.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                              Huge development, if that's the case. I think Parks is contemplating on turning pro because of the condition of his father. But he'll opt to turn pro if he has a solid chance of landing in a SMC team.

I think Yeng Guiao will surprise everyone by selecting Ian Sangalang in the draft, even if Slaughter is available. Parks is a no-brainer so he would most likely be the top pick. But if ROS doesn't get the chance to get Parks anymore, I have a feeling Guiao would opt for his fellow Kapampangan in Sangalang especially if he continues to be in good stead with the Pineda family.
                              Would tim cone draft ray parks or greg slaughter if both are available?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                                Would tim cone draft ray parks or greg slaughter if both are available?
                                Ray Parks. From what I've seen, Coach Cone does not prefer to use a big man to dominate, but rather, to help facilitate on offense. Slaughter's skills might not get used in full under his system. Ray Parks's versatility, however, is a dream for Coach Cone.

I prefer Slaughter to be under Coach Black or Coach Yturri.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information