No announcement yet.

A israeli center in missing! Award to the finders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you think to highly about them and to low about the Israel league level.
    even if he is as great as you say there always Maccabi or jerusalem.
    Jan Martin is a SF/PF, he is not a big guy.

Comment

Jeremiah Kreisberg (PF/C 207 106kg 1992)
      Played for Israel U20. He was a McDonald’s All-America nominee in his high shool years. He has a nice frame with long arms. He start pretty well his sophomore season at Yale (so far 9pts & 7,5 rbs in 25 minutes per game).

View the profile of Maccabi Haifa Center Jeremiah Kreisberg on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
        Jeremiah Kreisberg (PF/C 207 106kg 1992)
        Played for Israel U20. He was a McDonald’s All-America nominee in his high shool years. He has a nice frame with long arms. He start pretty well his sophomore season at Yale (so far 9pts & 7,5 rbs in 25 minutes per game).

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...miah-kreisberg
        Good choice...I will add him to my watchlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
          I'm sorry, Lubbick scores three points per game?!

The man is on some NBA teams watchlist. He's getting compared to Kevin Love with his style of play. He's a banger with a good post game. Solid rebounder and good passer for a big man. Plus he's Jewish. Yep, that wouldn't help Israel at all.

Again, he is either already better than or will be better than pretty much all the names up there. The fact that he plays for one of the top Division I schools also matters. If he played in Division II like Rosefelt, or a small school like Cohen, he would have better numbers than them (of course, that's my opionion, but it's not exactly considered far-fetched).

As far as Moore goes, I put his name in there since many of the names you brought up aren't going to be exaclty manning the middle for Israel either. DiLiegro is already better than most you addressed. I mean, why not bring up Anton Shouvton or Jan Martin (though I think he played for Spain U-21)?

Playing in Israel's first division would be a let down for Lubbick. DiLiegro could play in the Israeli first division and Moore, we'll wait and see; However, again, you listed players that aren't even in the Israeli first division.
          you know what...you are right that even those names are something...so we should consider them...but, let me know when they will be a leading players in their own teams.

Comment

Originally posted by cscarlos View Post
            huge Potential. didnt make it all worth out...

say.. what can you add to Robert Rothbart info from this season in olimpija ljubljana?
            I don't think I can add much more most of you aren't already aware of.
            His head is in the right place, great guy, every aditional kg of body mass is welcome with him, he has good IQ and positions well on court, good leg work understands basketball abve average for such tal guy imo.

Judging from some interviews Olimpija's staff is trying to prolongue the contract with him. If he would be able to gain just 5 kilos for example, his body weakness wouldn't dissapear but he'd do much better. As large % of centers tend to mature later nothing is lost with him yet.
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
              I don't think I can add much more most of you aren't already aware of.
              His head is in the right place, great guy, every aditional kg of body mass is welcome with him, he has good IQ and positions well on court, good leg work understands basketball abve average for such tal guy imo.

Judging from some interviews Olimpija's staff is trying to prolongue the contract with him. If he would be able to gain just 5 kilos for example, his body weakness wouldn't dissapear but he'd do much better. As large % of centers tend to mature later nothing is lost with him yet.
              Yea but you see thats the thing...he is so tall but he isnt a center. he cant play around the basket like a C and cant fight with players half his size on position, reb or post play. he rather shoot from long distance than play around the basket.
              he has no skill in playing with the back to the basket. he dosent need 5 kg he needs 20.
              That why i cant put him on the list cus for me he is just a very tall PF at best.
              Last edited by cscarlos; 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Aaron Liberman (PF/C 207cm 95kg)

Aaron Liberman is a lengthy post player with long arms and an intriguing upside. He runs well in transition and is active at both ends. He has a nice touch in the paint area and rebounds fairly well in his area. Last year, he didn't plan to play in the post in college because of his weight (now 210 pounds), which didn't allow him to bang down low at that level. So he spent four hours a day during the summer working on his ball handling with a private coach, former Los Angeles Clipper Josh Moore. Due to faith reasons, he is in Israel since September and he is doing some weight training with a coach who was an Olimpic weight lifter in order to get stronger. In USA, while playing for Valley Torah, he has earned interest from Yale, Dartmouth, Boston College and Pepperdine. If he manage to fill out his body in order to play PF in college, I won't be surprise to see better NCAA program recruited him.

After Jake Cohen and Jeremiah Kreisberg, I guess he will be the next american jew to play for Israel U20.

Comment

OH MAN how you find those guys??
                  thank god you here
                  very interesting player indeed. anybody knows where he is playing in collage and what his stats?
                  (by the way how you put pictures on the messege board? all I can do is put links to pictures...)

Comment

7-footer Orel Levi born in 1996, actually at the Israel Basketball Academy, can be a good prospect down the road.

bl1331143207969.jpg

Comment

He may not be the panacea but 6'11" and 260 pounds Brandon Charnov from Houston is worth the look. Low-Major prospect at this point. Prior his knee injury during his junior year, he was on several Ivy League programs radar. Let's see if a nice senior year and AAU season can help him to bounce back and get a D1 scholarship.

Finding the right pair of shoes can be a challenge when you wear a size 17.

If only shopping for sneakers were as easy as slam-dunking a basketball for Kinkaid School senior Brandon Charnov.

Charnov, a member of Congregation Beth Israel, stands 6-feet, 10-inches tall, 260 pounds and is a big reason Kinkaid’s basketball team is off to such a good start.

The senior center is averaging 14 points and 11 rebounds a game in helping lead the Falcons to an 11-2 record.

“It’s been a good year so far,” Charnov said. “We have a really good team and they’ve been really fun to play with.”

Being the tallest player on the court has its advantages, but Charnov has worked even harder to excel against some of the best players in the city.

Charnov is a threat on both the offensive and defensive side of the court and does a great job of moving the ball around to his teammates, as well.

“Brandon obviously makes it difficult for opposing teams with his size, but he also makes it difficult for them with his skill level,” Kinkaid coach Larry Wilkins said.

“He certainly makes our team a whole lot better when he is on the floor. He is very driven and determined to get better every game.”

The successful senior season is even more rewarding for Charnov, considering he missed his entire junior year after tearing his ACL in 2014.

Charnov suffered the injury in practice two days before Kinkaid’s first game last year.

“It was tough,” Charnov said. “We were just running full court and I was in the post. I faked one way, turned the other and my knee just let out on me.”

Between physical therapy sessions, Charnov attended just about every game and continued to help the team in any way he could.

He turned into a team manager of sorts, and would also watch film, helping the team prepare for upcoming opponents with a scouting report.

“It was difficult to watch our team stumble a bit and not be able to help out,” Charnov said. “It was definitely a learning experience. It taught me to work hard every day and not really take a day for granted.”

Charnov was cleared to practice in August and led team workouts on the court and in the weight room leading up to the season.

“I met with Brandon very early and made him one of the captains in organizing the workouts,” Wilkins said. “He ran the workouts and was the leader and always someone I could depend on.

“We don’t have team captains, but if we did, he would certainly be our captain.”

Now, two months into the season, Charnov said he feels 100 percent.

That feeling was confirmed earlier this month when Charnov helped lead Kinkaid to a championship in the Lee College Classic on Dec. 5.

Charnov was named to the all-tournament team after leading Kinkaid past Channelview in the championship game.

Playing for Kinkaid has allowed Charnov to build strong athletic bonds, including one with sophomore teammate and University of Kentucky recruit Jae LeDee.

“He is one of the best players in the country,” Charnov said. “I’ve being able to hang out with him and have been kind of a mentor for him. Being able to see him grow is a really cool experience.”

Charnov also has seen his fair share of interest from recruiters.

Brown and Columbia are two of the Division I programs that are seeking his services.

“Unfortunately for Brandon, he got hurt his junior year when a lot of the recruiting happens,” Wilkins said. “Fortunately for someone else, they are going to get a steal of a player.

“Some schools might have shied away from him because of the injury, but someone is going to get a really good player because he is quite a talent.”

Outside of basketball, Charnov keeps a balance by staying active at Beth Israel and with BBYO.

“I’ve been involved in BBYO since my freshman year,” he said. “There are a lot of Jewish people that I get to hang out with and that is an outlet that I don’t have at Kinkaid. It helps me get in touch with my Jewish side a little more.”

The only thing Charnov has not perfected yet is finding a local place that sells size 17 shoes.

“I’ve probably been shopping online for shoes since I was 13 or 14 years old,” Charnov said. “I always have to order them ahead of time and it takes a month to come in.”

But, just like returning to the court for his senior season, it has been well-worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information