NCAA Season 89 (2013-2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duphaR007 View Post
    Who are Alas' assistants? He said if there's someone who'll replace him, it should come from his pool of assistants.

Will Junjun Alas still play for Letran next year?

Hope to see the Squires' Nambatac kid to don the Knights jersey next year. He will be try crucial with Kevin Alas' uncertainty on playing his final year with the Knights.
    Will he acceptt he challenge of playing for a school with a rebuilding team or move on to a team with a more established system and staff?

Comment

Originally posted by wandos2008 View Post
      Will he acceptt he challenge of playing for a school with a rebuilding team or move on to a team with a more established system and staff?
      Well i hope he stays. Though I heard he is being lured by the green school. He might just end up like the former Squire if he plays for them.

Comment

Anyone know any info about these?

1. Did the twins really go back to San Beda? If this is true, doesn't it sound like too much of a coincidence that the "Most Valuable Person" of the "blue team" in the "other league" also walked away?
        2. So are the twins eligible to play for the Red Lions again?
        3. Whatever happened to the former blue chipper from the JRU high school basketball program, Agovida?
        4. Will that flashy Fil-Am guard of San Beda who left the team before the start of the season ever come back and play for the Red Lions? I saw him in a couple of pre-season games. Kinda reminded me of former San Beda superstar Boybits Victoria. Not too tall, very athletic, good handles, flashy.

Comment

I've always wondered. San Beda has arguably the most solid high school basketball program in the Philippines. But why do a lot of their players transfer after they graduate? You can't say that San Beda does not have the "recruiting capacity" of elite schools like the "blue" and the "green" and recently "the dawgs" from the "other college league". San Beda, like the "blue team" in the "other league", is "gifted" and supported by a "Magnanimous and Valuable Person". Their school is also known for class-A education. So why do a lof of their high school players still transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by slasher View Post

Who will replace Louie Alas? Alas to me is Letran's saving grace given its inability to recruit to match the talent of San Beda and Baste; take him out of the equation and Letran might slide down the NCAA pecking order.

Will Chito Victolero get another chance after another dismal season despite a big and talented line up?

Can Richard Del Rosario endure another campaign with Benilde? At the close of the eliminations, Del Rosario twitted some remarks critical of CSB's management.
            Personal thoughts:

1. LETRAN. Maybe a young coach and former superstar player like Calaguio can start a new chapter for the Knights.

2. MAPUA. I noticed that their team lacked "spunk" and "toughness". Maybe alum Benny Cheng can inject some fire and "balls" into their program.

3.CSB. Is Dindo Pumaren available? CSB happens to be the sister school of DLSU. What about another ex-Archer Mon Jose? I saw him on TV coaching a school in the NAASCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless View Post
              I've always wondered. San Beda has arguably the most solid high school basketball program in the Philippines. But why do a lot of their players transfer after they graduate? You can't say that San Beda does not have the "recruiting capacity" of elite schools like the "blue" and the "green" and recently "the dawgs" from the "other college league". San Beda, like the "blue team" in the "other league", is "gifted" and supported by a "Magnanimous and Valuable Person". Their school is also known for class-A education. So why do a lof of their high school players still transfer?
              No guaranteed spots on team A....too many players....

Comment

Anyone know any info about these?

1. Did the twins really go back to San Beda? If this is true, doesn't it sound like too much of a coincidence that the "Most Valuable Person" of the "blue team" in the "other league" also walked away?
                2. So are the twins eligible to play for the Red Lions again?
                3. Whatever happened to the former blue chipper from the JRU high school basketball program, Agovida?
                4. Will that flashy Fil-Am guard of San Beda who left the team before the start of the season ever come back and play for the Red Lions? I saw him in a couple of pre-season games. Kinda reminded me of former San Beda superstar Boybits Victoria. Not too tall, very athletic, good handles, flashy.
                1-2. The twins came back to San Beda way before MVP cut ties with ADMU. I believe they were already in Mendiola before the season started. Yes, they'll be eligible to play next season if both parties are amenable.
                3. He's with Arellano.
                4. He's in the line-up for Boracay Rhum in the D-League. He's just waiting for his papers since he's a Fil-Am.

This is your easiest question. Simply put, there's no available slot for them in Team A and they're too talented to waste a year in Team B. I can't blame them since these are kids raring to show their wares in college.

Guys like Gotladera, Chavez and Javier graduated at a time when our line-up were 3 deep at almost all positions. Only Amer was given a sure slot for Team A. We'll have another batch of talented graduating Red Cubs, but with our talents in Teams A and B, I expect them to play elsewhere. Good luck to them. Once a Bedan, always a Bedan.

On the other hand, a former Red Cub Abatayo chose to stay and spend a year in Team B rather than grab a Team A slot elsewhere. He probably recognized that it's not yet his time, and he has to improve his jump shot to be effective at the next level. He also saw what happened to his former kuyas Dan Sara and Ludovice who grabbed Team A slots elsewhere, only to go back to San Beda. Gotladera is rotting on the GA's bench and if he had waited, he would have had his chance next year with Pascual graduating. Chavez, last I heard, is doing residency in Letran. Only Javier's risk paid off. I've always thought that he has the potential to succeed in the next level because he has more moves than Gotladera.
                Hello Lipa: Lipa City's First and Biggest Lifestyle Blog

Comment

That's one downside to the successful San Beda program, they can't keep all the talent they are able to discover and hone. Doesn't seem to be a problem though as long as they win. BTW Altamirano seems to like the Bedan program...
                  “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                  -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                    That's one downside to the successful San Beda program, they can't keep all the talent they are able to discover and hone. Doesn't seem to be a problem though as long as they win. BTW Altamirano seems to like the Bedan program...
                    Not really a problem as long as we're winning both in the Juniors and Seniors divisions. Sure, our HS program honed these Red Cubs and it's a shame that other schools benefit at the next level. But the same Red Cubs already did a huge service by bringing championships to Taytay.

Besides, the same successful program helped us at the next level where guys like Lanete, Menor, Hermida, Marcelo, Taganas and countless others have helped us win championships.

A good scenario would be for all Red Cubs to fall in line in our pipeline, but of course, we can't hold them back. Thanks for your service to San Beda, and we hope that you'll be successful at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by FilipinoDad View Post
                      Not really a problem as long as we're winning both in the Juniors and Seniors divisions. Sure, our HS program honed these Red Cubs and it's a shame that other schools benefit at the next level. But the same Red Cubs already did a huge service by bringing championships to Taytay.

Besides, the same successful program helped us at the next level where guys like Lanete, Menor, Hermida, Marcelo, Taganas and countless others have helped us win championships.

A good scenario would be for all Red Cubs to fall in line in our pipeline, but of course, we can't hold them back. Thanks for your service to San Beda, and we hope that you'll be successful at the next level.
                      sir would you know how tall Mocon and Tolentino are? At their rate of development, someday these guys would be NT calibre. TIA
                      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                        sir would you know how tall Mocon and Tolentino are? At their rate of development, someday these guys would be NT calibre. TIA
                        I'm not 100% sure, but I think Mocon is 6'3 and Tolentino is 6'4 or 6'5. Mocon needs to grow a couple of inches more if he wants to use his skillset at the next level. On the other hand, Tolentino can play SF in college right now and it won't be a problem. I shudder to think how another year of playing for the Red Cubs will help his development. Reroma is basically Badolato 2.0, so these players really develop.

Comment

Reroma = badolato 2.0?

It's not what i'm hearing from his assistant coaches....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                            Reroma = badolato 2.0?

He'd better be, or else...
                            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                              Reroma = badolato 2.0?

Haha! Looks like you know something I don't.

That was just my observation. He looks like a younger Badolato out there - a strict disciplinarian. Of course, I don't know how good he is with motivating his players. I remember an ex-player of another NCAA team shared a story while he was serving as the commentator of the game that when they see Ato get off his chair, they lose hope even if they're leading by 10 because they know that the Red Cubs will suddenly go on overdrive.

Anyway, Reroma's still young and he plays a huge part in convincing the RCs to stay since he also serves as an assistant of the RLs. I heard Batolato doesn't do recruitment for the RL when he was still the HC.

Comment

Originally posted by FilipinoDad View Post
                                He left Behold, probably because of too much talents in the pipeline.

And Serjue, who people said are more talented than Forrester. He just got injured before the season.

I admire AU for their recruitment efforts. They don't resort to crab mentality. They just upped their recruitment, instead of forcing better teams to lower theirs.
                                That will make AU more competitive next year. Interesting. Will see how far they could go

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information