LKL finals 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at that tree's climber Babrauskas in the first game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ZOnDF5tcNEo#!
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

He just couldn't control his anger at his inability to score points. He's pretty inconsistent - I don't know why Rytas is still keeping him.

Comment

TOP 10 from a first game

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
          He just couldn't control his anger at his inability to score points. He's pretty inconsistent - I don't know why Rytas is still keeping him.
          Because of his long hair obviously.

Comment

Finally someone declared very important fact. Š. Sakalauskas said that Džikič simply can't get anything from his players. He stated that even one year younger JV looked better with Kurtinaitis than he looks now with Džikič (he is refering to LKL finals).

He also critisized Žalgiris' coach, but as long as Žalgiris killing Rytas there's no point to discuss that.

I agree on that position. Even though one of the key in these finals is Žalgiris' freshness and Rytas' distress (maybe even the most important fact), it doesn't deny the fact that Džikič's basketball is HORRIBLE. And it had to be said even if Seibutis, JV or other player would have better individual performances in up coming games. That's probably the first time when some prefesional stated that in the media this season.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It had to be said. Djikic is awful. He was awful with Serbian U NT and he is awful with Rytas, technically his achievements aint that bad, but the game that rytas shows is bad and most of the bigger wins were achieved by a simply good individual performances (Seibutis, JV or at the start of the season Rice). I dont know what kind of magic it was that made Djikic sucessful with Krka but its not working with anything else other than slovenian basketball.

The fatso comes across as a weird coach who doesnt know what is happening on court and off it. He looks lost and has no control, talent or authority to make it better.

Comment

Well, Žalgiris trashed Rytas another time. Žalgiris plays perfect basketball - great ball movement, screens and timing, intensity, open shots. Kalnietis is playing the best basketball in his carreer, IMO. Perfect passing (!), great accuracy, quickness, IQ (!) and agressive at finishing. He's playing like a world class PG last two months (17 points, 11 assists tonight)! Delininkaitis declared he can't be ruled out of NT, he'll be there for competition I guess.

Rytas is probably the worst team that ever entered the finals, not talking about the roster, but about the team play. Completely lost in offense, never ending ball hoging and chucking, random shots, desperate individual efforts, inability to play a single damn pick and roll situation. Ugly, awful and hopeless. But well I guess "it's not the most important game this season"

About Javtokas and Valančiūnas match up:

Kinda first impression that JV losing this matchup against Javtokas who is perfectly fed in these pick and rolls sitations by Kalnieitis and pllaying solid defence while JV is completely not involved in the game, but still JV won the matchups in both games if we look at the efficiency:

First game EFF: JV 12, RV 11
                Second game EFF: JV 18, RV 12

If completely unused and non agressive (in offense) JV gets away with that stats in the matchup against Javtokas, I'm looking forward to see how he'll look in NT after decent rest playng with Kalnities and hopefully Šaras.
                Last edited by Straight forward; 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Some very strange comments regarding lrytas play.i have very simple explanation for this - they peaked earlier,and now is all downhill-eurocup final four,plus vtb final four had taken its toll,that is all.yet Zalgiris consistently prepared for LKL finals after exit from euro league .
                  Lrytas has used all reserves to have decent and so much better season to Zaalgiris only to fail so hard now for one reason - no recovery time ,those meaning no depth on the bench too.So blame the budget and maybe ambitions,but I really have respect for this team.
                  And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                    Some very strange comments regarding lrytas play.i have very simple explanation for this - they peaked earlier,and now is all downhill-eurocup final four,plus vtb final four had taken its toll,that is all.yet Zalgiris consistently prepared for LKL finals after exit from euro league .
                    Lrytas has used all reserves to have decent and so much better season to Zaalgiris only to fail so hard now for one reason - no recovery time ,those meaning no depth on the bench too.So blame the budget and maybe ambitions,but I really have respect for this team.
                    That's way too simple, IMO. That's not a downhill that's total desperation, inability to prepare any game plan, total chaos in offense, no ball movement at all (none of Rytas' bigs could get a single normal pass inside), constant tolerance of cucking and ballhoging (Džikič said it was only defence, didn't say a word about bad offense after the game ). At times Rytas defence was OK, it means they have some breath left, but they simply couldn't play normal basketball at the other end. Players look stoned and without idea what to do with the ball. It's up to coach to make his team play, but Džikič couldn't deliver that to say the least...Now Rytas has 3 days between the games, you can't blame only the schedule. At the beggining at this season I said that Rytas will struggle against good teams with such basketball and won't have any titles this season - it's not like surprise.

I have to give a credit to Žalgiris defence, but it's also about Rytas impotent basketball no question...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Javtokas remembered his old days with his dunks in game 1 and game 2
                      292547_10150775868151816_107708141815_9913505_793794574_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Kalnietis is playing the best basketball in his carreer, IMO. Perfect passing (!), great accuracy, quickness, IQ (!) and agressive at finishing. He's playing like a world class PG last two months (17 points, 11 assists tonight)!
                        That's good to hear with the Olympic Qualifying Tournament only eight weeks away.

Comment

Zalgiris is a joke in top16 (as always in fact, which Rytas had never been so), looses 2 times to Nizhnyj Novgorod and so lone, but then goes to do or die crusade against red devil and wins it. I guess Romanov is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            That's way too simple, IMO. That's not a downhill that's total desperation, inability to prepare any game plan, total chaos in offense, no ball movement at all (none of Rytas' bigs could get a single normal pass inside), constant tolerance of cucking and ballhoging (Džikič said it was only defence, didn't say a word about bad offense after the game ). At times Rytas defence was OK, it means they have some breath left, but they simply couldn't play normal basketball at the other end. Players look stoned and without idea what to do with the ball. It's up to coach to make his team play, but Džikič couldn't deliver that to say the least...Now Rytas has 3 days between the games, you can't blame only the schedule. At the beggining at this season I said that Rytas will struggle against good teams with such basketball and won't have any titles this season - it's not like surprise.

I have to give a credit to Žalgiris defence, but it's also about Rytas impotent basketball no question...
                            It's ok post for lrytas hater,bad post for a fan of basketball game.i hope you concider yourself as later.Did you do any serious sports yourself ?not me ,if you ask,but i did have them crashes -ups and downs.Wooden legs,cramps,loosing most of your abilities to perform on top level you had just 2 days ago.etc.Not being able to climb stairs cause your muscles are so tight?
                            I have this simple thought that lrytas crashed just the same. Physically as in lack of performance .Too many games,not enough players .

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                              That's good to hear with the Olympic Qualifying Tournament only eight weeks away.

Mantas has outgrowned this level.He had matured and his game game will take him ,I hope,away from Zalgiris to better realms.Top teams in Europe must be wishing for his signature ,only to be stopped by his contract he signed with Zalgiris for another 3 or 4 years I guess.Silly boy.If Pocius got 500 k buy out,Mantas should be worth triple at least.Who has got this money?

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                                Mantas has outgrowned this level.He had matured and his game game will take him ,I hope,away from Zalgiris to better realms.Top teams in Europe must be wishing for his signature ,only to be stopped by his contract he signed with Zalgiris for another 3 or 4 years I guess.Silly boy.If Pocius got 500 k buy out,Mantas should be worth triple at least.Who has got this money?
                                Some rumours he's going to Real next season...I don't know if it makes any sense.
                                Kalnieits' problem is his inconsistency. His overall season wasn't that impressive, but he's playing great when Weems and later Collins left (let's remember that he played with Ty Lawson and crazy rotation for the most of the season). He surely improving sharply since 2010 (grear summers with NT as well) and the way he looked tonight really impressed (Not even the numbers, but how he read the game, how intense and accurate he was. Long and short passes - perfect). Seems like all he needed is trust and more playing time. He might end up being a top Euroleague's clubs material.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information