Gay and lesbian rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
    Obviously it's not natural. Which species engages in exclusively homosexual behavior? Well if there is any they are bound to go extinct.

So there are animals that do homosexual acts. So? Before my cat was castrated too late, he liked to jump on a blanket, bite it and basically make love to it (you know, his snake gets out of its cage, his butt jerks and he purrs...) but would you say it's natural for cats to make love to blankets?
    Now that I had some sleep I'll answer you.
    To begin with no-one is exclusively nothing. Ask a sexologist. And since you want to talk about uniquenesses, humans are the only rational being on earth, is that unnatural? There are countless things that only human do, are they unnatural?
    Secondly homosexuality is not widespread to endanger a species. It's not even close. That situation does not exist in the whole animal kingdom. Heterosexuality is the norm, but not to the extent of relegating homosexuality to the "abnormal" level. The two things coexist and are natural. Deal with it.

I really don't like long discussions on the Internet, I'll guess I'll leave it there.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Well homosexuality is illness in my opinion. If you study human physiology you will see that human must be attracted to the opposite sex. Thats where the children are from... If a man (let's talk only about male homosexuals) is attracted to another man, likes to dress like a woman, act like a woman, act like a little bitch, or express other not normal behavior - that is something wrong.

The simple logical mind fuck question: why in the hell a homosexual male want to act like a woman? Is there are a concept of male and female in a homosexual behavior? A man likes another man, who reminds him a woman. In fact he like women, but he is attracted to dick in particular!

Homosexuals are just sick people, and they must be happy because there are other like them and they can be together and love each other etc.

Homosexuality and pedophilia are the same disease - not normal sexual attraction. Homos are tolerated and pedophiles are not (thank God) and this is because pedophiles do harm children. But imagine we make a sex doll - a sex robot child which will satisfy the pedophiles, then they will not be harming children, Right? So that means that we will tolerate and accept them too?

I don't like homos but don't wish them anything bad. As long as they live private sexual life and don't advertise the pervertion on Gay prides and TV - that is OK with me.

But most of all I hate those heterosexuals who are "fighting" for gay rights. I tell you what - gays don't care about heterosexual right and they won't help you. They only whining about themselves all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post
        But most of all I hate those heterosexuals who are "fighting" for gay rights. I tell you what - gays don't care about heterosexual right and they won't help you. They only whining about themselves all the time...
        I wouldn't say that I "fight" for gay rights, but I support it mostly not because of them, but because of myself - I want to live in a tolerant society, where all the people, no matter their sexuality, nationality or religion, could live together without fear of being beaten up just because they look differently or believe in different things. I want my country to be a bit more like western Europe, not like Russia, some middle eastern countries of Africa (no offense). And that's just not possible without a tolerant society.

Comment

Personally, i agree with most "pro gay rights" arguments posted here.
          My only objection lies with the same sex couples adopting children.
          To my knowledge, children need role models from both sexes, in order to evolve as personalities. I even encourage my male friends to spend more time with their daughters, so that they don't grow up to be "Cosmogirls"...
          (I hope that didn't come across as a sexist remark.)

As for the "(un)natural debate", i think that every thinking person will agree that human society was not built to imitate nature but to evolve-transcend it.

Comment

Thanks god that finally normal homophob Test came and told what it means "to be a man" and how they should dress There was a time, when ladies couldn't were jeans, but I bet test's girlfriend if he appeared to have one ever, wear jeans sometimes, so maybe it appears that test is gay? I mean how could you like a girl who dresses like man, that's fucking disease!

And I won't even continue to comment other super arguments of test, waste of time...
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

And the latest news: Lithuanian court finally decided that the gay pride march in Vilnius will not be banned and will take place tomorrow. It's good to know that common sense and tolerance prevailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                And the latest news: Lithuanian court finally decided that the gay pride march in Vilnius will not be banned and will take place tomorrow. It's good to know that common sense and tolerance prevailed.
                Surprise! Finally some signs of freedom!

PS, off topic: I was attending in Critical Mass in Vilnius latter event, and some stupid car drivers hit 5 man. There was more accidents because of the "culture" of car drivers. So even a Critical Mass (a mass of bikes riding across Vilnius) is big challenge for Lithuanian citizens. I hope they won't kill anyone in this gay march.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Let's just hope that we won't see anything similar to Serbia 2001:

But I think everything should be fine in Lithuania. 800 policemen will protect the order.

Comment

Originally posted by janos View Post
                    To my knowledge, children need role models from both sexes, in order to evolve as personalities. I even encourage my male friends to spend more time with their daughters, so that they don't grow up to be "Cosmogirls"...
                    (I hope that didn't come across as a sexist remark.)
                    That may be correct, but think of all those people who were raised by single-parents... They only had one parent for role-model, but most of them grow up as 'normal' human beings...

Now simply use that logic to homosexual couples... Their (adopted) children may turn up Ok, why not? I still believe that child would be far beter raised by homosexuals than raised in orphanage... Orphanage is also not normal by those standards, and still many children are raised there... Do they grow up and leave their children just cause they were left? I don't think there's a rule in those things... So, there's not a statistical proof that children raised by homosexuals will turn out as homosexuals...

And as I said, all of you that are fighting against homosexuals adopting children, just think of the alternative of those children raised in an orphanage... Will they have a better childhood there... And I don't see nothing bad in fact that some homosexual couples want to adopt those children and provide them with better conditions and care...
                    I changed my signature, now it says something completely different!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                      Let's just hope that we won't see anything similar to Serbia 2001:

But I think everything should be fine in Lithuania. 800 policemen will protect the order.
                      You can't just sit in the dark room all the time because of the fact there some complete idiots and morons in this world. I hope gays know what they doing, they are sending message about gay rights, so they have to ready to FIGHT for their rights. There won't be any surprise if there will be blood, but hopefully no victims.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Beva View Post
                        That may be correct, but think of all those people who were raised by single-parents... They only had one parent for role-model, but most of them grow up as 'normal' human beings...

Well, i didn't mean that they would grow up to be "abnormal" and certainly not gay...
                        Just that balanced role models are more likely to help the child evolve into a balanced personality.
                        Human psychology is not an exact science, so no guarantees there.

Anyway, all this would have a meaning in a different world.
                        I mean, just imagine the hell a child adopted by a gay couple would have to go through in the hands of his/her peers at school for example...

I feel obligated, however to agree with you that any family is better than no family.
                        Last edited by janos; 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by janos View Post
                          I mean, just imagine the hell a child adopted by a gay couple would have to go through in the hands of his/her peers at school for example...
                          Children are cruel anyway... There's an orphanage in my town and those children are being mocked by their schoolmates constantly... They will always find a reason to insult someone... Bullys are there, no matter what...

And I don't believe that would always be the case... Children are not occupied by those things... It's adults who fills their heads with crap... How else is it possible for a child to hate other child only because of the religion? I use the religion example cause that's often case in my region... They hear something negative from their parents or relatives, and since those are their role-models, they hate the 'different' children... But they don't know a thing about religion yet, so the hate is learned...

Simply use that analogy to homosexual couples... If their parents won't talk negatively about homosexuals, those children wouldn't have the reason to hate children raised by homosexuals...

Maybe it would get tough during puberty, but kids tend to do horrible things in those years only to prove themselfs in front of others... Later on, most of them realise they were wrong, those who don't usually end up as some kind of molesters anyway...

Btw, where I'm from, people are mostly against gay rights, so I'm not representative... I was also against it before, because others told me so... But then I started to think for myself and realised there's nothing wrong in being gay... They're not worse from us, they're just different...

And just for the record: about 90 % of parents here would abandon their child if child turns out to be gay... And all of them tell me, when I defend gays: 'You will see if you get into that position!' Well, I'm 100% sure, if I had gay children, I would never give them up...
                          I changed my signature, now it says something completely different!

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                            Two consenting adults should be allowed to do what they wish, so long as they cause no harm to others.

I do agree you can't force churches to marry homosexuals, but gay couples should be allowed legal marriages/unions whatever that grant them the same rights as heterosexual couples.
                            That's pretty much my opinion.

I don't understand why some people have a problem with gays. I've known one guy who told me he was gay and he seemed pretty normal to me. Well, that is to say, he was crazy like everybody else.
                            Originally posted by Beva
                            I still believe that child would be far beter raised by homosexuals than raised in orphanage... Orphanage is also not normal by those standards, and still many children are raised there...
                            Good point.

I just don't see what the big deal is. If two adults are interested in each, that's fine. No big deal. It's not like they're hurting anybody. Frankly, people who are offended by it need to just "grow a spine" (good idiom = get strong/forget about it).
                            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              so maybe it appears that test is gay?
                              Haha pro gay activist tried to insult me that I am gay How tolerant. First built a statement for yourself, believe in that and then write posts.

And don't be eretic here, bicycle drivers are not saint, the incident occurred because some of CM attendants drove wrong way and this led to chain reaction of events. Of course that car driver was stupid too..

Last day I saw couple bicycle drivers riding through crossing and car almost crashed into them. Everybody around started to yell that car driver is crazy but they don't know that rules forbid to ride through crossings. Crossings are only for pedestrians and pedestrians who walk with bicycle.

Learn some Objectivity, then try insulting. If you can't bring arguments then it is "I DONT WASTE TIME ON THAT". hahaha

Comment

I don't like how the gay community tries to compare their situation to that of blacks and other ethnic minorities. First of all, homosexuals are not born gay. That's something they DECIDE to become through their experiences with people. Blacks and other ethnic groups are born the way they are so there's no way around the injustices.

Anyways, to answer the thread question, I consider myself indifferent to gays and their rights. If they are allowed to get married, good for them. If they aren't allowed to get married, then so be it. This is one of the few issues that I quite honestly do not care about. And if you don't care, then you're labeled a bigot and an ignorant person. But that's not the case with me since there's more important issues to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information