Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRABS Inc.

Originally posted by duphaR007 View Post
    seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.

Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.

Comment

seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.
      Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.

Comment

Originally posted by jerby View Post
        Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.
        Agree!
        "People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart....."(Proverbs 21:2).

GILAS 2 MEN'S NATIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM: ONWARD TO REDEEMING ASIAN BASKETBALL SUPREMACY

Comment

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.
          dude with all due respect i don't think the cost of a bag of cement here in the US and labor is the same in the PH.. withstanding the inflation since 1999 i dont think its still fair to compare..
          DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Comment

Originally posted by c_d View Post
            Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.
            it's primarily for a religious purpose.

the arena and the stadium will definitely be used to celebrate the INC's 100th founding anniversary on July 27, 2014.

with millions of followers, this religious corporation needs a new venue that is big enough to accommodate the devout ones who will attend. for sure, the central inc grounds in diliman will be too small for such a historic event.

thereafter, it’s obvious the INC wants these venues to become the philippines’ main sports arenas, subject of course to the INC religious calendar.

hmm... someone's ranting lol. in fairness,i think everyone here is very happy for our inc bros. i mean, why shouldnt we be? their leaders have vision which is a very admirable trait.

Having said that, i would like to give my honest opinion. the thought of using these venues as the philippines' primary sports arenas scares the bejesus out of me. we all say that politics and religion dont mix. i will even go as far as saying that sports and religion dont mix too.

WTF!? banal na hapunan on thursday then, say, PBA semis on friday!? I don’t know about you, guys, but as a sports fan, I am a bit turned off lol. Of course, we can hold some matches there but to make them as our main sporting arena?! Let’s give ourselves a break. Hell, Let’s give our INC brothers a break!

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed with cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

The main concern is the Philippines not aspiring for secularism. It seems that government is encouraging these religious organizations to play a vital role in national development. They should not. Their business is their flock, not nation-building.

Government must be free from the influence of any religious organization or sect. how sure are we that inc leaders will not try to influence government like what some catholic bishops are doing right now once these ventures are in order? Let's face reality. because of their religious stance, inc leaders have made many enemies. i'd rather my government to stay out of such affairs and be impartial.

let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being.
            Last edited by alien space bats; 08-20-2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats View Post
              it's primarily for a religious purpose.

the arena and the stadium will definitely be used to celebrate the INC's 100th founding anniversary on July 27, 2014.

with millions of followers, this religious corporation needs a new venue that is big enough to accommodate the devout ones who will attend. for sure, the central inc grounds in diliman will be too small for such a historic event.

thereafter, it’s obvious the INC wants these venues to become the philippines’ main sports arenas, subject of course to the INC religious calendar.

hmm... someone's ranting lol. in fairness,i think everyone here is very happy for our inc bros. i mean, why shouldnt we be? their leaders have vision which is a very admirable trait.

Having said that, i would like to give my honest opinion. the thought of using these venues as the philippines' primary sports arenas scares the bejesus out of me. we all say that politics and religion dont mix. i will even go as far as saying that sports and religion dont mix too.

WTF!? banal na hapunan on thursday then, say, PBA semis on friday!? I don’t know about you, guys, but as a sports fan, I am a bit turned off lol. Of course, we can hold some matches there but to make them as our main sporting arena?! Let’s give ourselves a break. Hell, Let’s give our INC brothers a break!

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed by cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

The main concern is the Philippines not aspiring for secularism. It seems that government is encouraging these religious organizations to play a vital role in national development. They should not. Their business is their flock, not nation-building.

Government must be free from the influence of any religious organization or sect. how sure are we that inc leaders will not try to influence government like what some catholic bishops are doing right now once these ventures are in order? Let's face reality. because of their religious stance, inc leaders have made many enemies. i'd rather my government to stay out of such affairs and be impartial.

let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being.
              all i can say is.. AMEN!!!
              O.T.
              INC i believe is the richest secular group in the country .. and they spend alot in construction . just take a look at their churches..they are massive and beautifully designed..but is it true that its mandatory for all kapatid to donate a percent of their earnings to the church?
              DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Comment

I read a column by Manolo Inigo about the arena. It was a blind item, but since the contractor has already confirmed the news, the cat is out of the bag.

I agree with alien_space_bats here. It is really iffy, too, that a religious org uses the word "Philippine" in its building's name, as if the entire country is part of the INC. I've noticed that they have this "edifice complex", and their doctrine says that their buildings are proof of God's love. Which explains why their structures always have to be bigger than those of the competition.

Having said that, this is still a welcome development. I just hope it comes with a development plan for the surrounding area. And that they still allow heckling and other forms of hooliganism during secular events.
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

I am a devout member of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST) here in the USA.

It is out of respect that the dome will surely be used for our 100th Anniversary and for many non-religious / secular activities for members and non-members alike.

The Lord God Almighty prophesied in the Holy Scriptures that the true church which was established by our Lord Jesus Christ in Jerusalem in the first century will be restored in the Far East, in these last days, in the islands of the sea.

The fulfillment of which is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO which re-emerged in the Philippines in 1914.

So it is only absolutely correct that the dome should be named the 'Philippine Arena', from our point of view.

Please come and listen to our worship services, bible studies and television programs.

All our very welcome !
                  Last edited by Keanu Rune; 08-20-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu Rune View Post
                    I am a devout member of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST) here in the USA.

It is out of respect that the dome will surely be used for our 100th Anniversary and for many non-religious / secular activities for members and non-members alike.

The Lord God Almighty prophesied in the Holy Scriptures that the true church which was established by our Lord Jesus Christ in Jerusalem in the first century will be restored in the Far East, in these last days, in the islands of the sea.

The fulfillment of which is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO which re-emerged in the Philippines in 1914.

So it is only absolutely correct that the dome should be named the 'Philippine Arena', from our point of view.

Please come and listen to our worship services, bible studies and television programs.

All our very welcome !
                    restored? why? has it been demolished/damaged/gone?
                    from what part of the bible did he said that thing?
                    and im just curious:
                    Do you INC guys believe in UFOs?
                    Do you INC guys believe in Cupid?
                    how about guardian angels?
                    How about San Pedro?

It was also prophesized by somebody that the next anti-christ next to hitler(who was also part of his prophesy) would be from a third world country from the far east..hehe rumble rumble na here in RP!

If i lived before, and i wanted to fool somebody, i would pretend to be an evangelist/prophet(those guys that says they were writing through God) then make my prophesy and of course i would say that there will be a formation in the far east because the followers of Christ at that time are being killed and avoided on that land...so its logical to think that these people will settle and make a kingdom in a far away land which at that time,the far east is still largely unknown...

not challenging somebody's faith but im just sharing my view ha...hehe

anyway, i dont like how this group badmouth other religions in their net25 channel..If people believe in them, they dont need to make sira of the others.yun lang ang ayaw ko sa kanila..but all groups are hypocrite nowadays..lead by the RCC..
                    Darling it's better
                    Down where it's wetter
                    Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

Originally posted by toikins View Post
                      restored? why? has it been demolished/damaged/gone?
                      from what part of the bible did he said that thing?
                      and im just curious:
                      Do you INC guys believe in UFOs?
                      Do you INC guys believe in Cupid?
                      how about guardian angels?
                      How about San Pedro?

It was also prophesized by somebody that the next anti-christ next to hitler(who was also part of his prophesy) would be from a third world country from the far east..hehe rumble rumble na here in RP!

If i lived before, and i wanted to fool somebody, i would pretend to be an evangelist/prophet(those guys that says they were writing through God) then make my prophesy and of course i would say that there will be a formation in the far east because the followers of Christ at that time are being killed and avoided on that land...so its logical to think that these people will settle and make a kingdom in a far away land which at that time,the far east is still largely unknown...

not challenging somebody's faith but im just sharing my view ha...hehe

anyway, i dont like how this group badmouth other religions in their net25 channel..If people believe in them, they dont need to make sira of the others.yun lang ang ayaw ko sa kanila..but all groups are hypocrite nowadays..lead by the RCC..

Correction, it is not about having badmouth to other religious sectors. It just a defense to those persecutions the Church receives from other religious groups. We don't believe in UFO's, in Cupid, we believe in Angels and we believe in Apostle Pedro not San Pedro. If you want to know more about Iglesia Ni Cristo doctrines and teachings, you are very welcome to approach INC members you know in your area.

Comment

Let's just wait and see how and what can this structure contribute to our country. Glory be to God!

Comment

Originally posted by hoopaddict View Post
                          all i can say is.. AMEN!!!
                          O.T.
                          INC i believe is the richest secular group in the country .. and they spend alot in construction . just take a look at their churches..they are massive and beautifully designed..but is it true that its mandatory for all kapatid to donate a percent of their earnings to the church?
                          my girlfriend is INC and im a roman catholic,sshhh... i don't think it's mandatory..im not sure.but she shaid it's not.
                          welcome back! lost kings of Asian basketball!

Comment

if only our taxes does not go to policians bank accounts, philippines is not going to be as poor as now..

and considering most of the INC members are from lower class, how can they accomplish such like this?

and they also bought 50+ or 100+ chapels abroad?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

damn you politicians...
                            Last edited by nashill; 08-21-2011, 02:26 AM.
                            I remember someone hated the term"PUSO" so much.
                            A few years later, "PUSO" has become Gilas's battle cry.

Now i know where Manu_bol's hate is coming from.

Comment

OA amp!

trans: sensitive

Comment

right our inc brothers take proud of their structures, I think its nice to see where all they "taxes/ contributions" so to speak go to I just hope they live to their name philippine Arena so not only our inc brothers but the country as well will benefit from this project
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information