No announcement yet.

2012-2013 PBA Philippine Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great non-call.. it was pretty obvious it wasn't goal tending as per FIBA rules which is known by ALL PBA TEAMS.. Junel Baculi and Villanueva are just being ignorant and emotional and i wouldn't blame them since it would be a monumental win against a powerhouse san mig coffee team..

the ball may or may not have a possibility to go in.. rafi reavis had the right to swap the ball out of the goal.. though there really was a travelling violation and the PBA office should reprimand the referees.. but for a referee to call that with just split seconds remaining takes a REALLY EXPERIENCED and VERY VERY VERY SHARP REFEREE to do such a thing..

take a look...

Comment

• Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
      Teams at the bottom should trade and have coaching changes. That includes Ginebra, BB, Global and Air 21. Will Petron have an epiphany with Racela having the full reins. Jwash high five with Arwind was a fresh sight, but I wouldn't read much into it.

Baculi, for me, is not a PBA quality coach. For Ginebra--Toroman?! the young turks need a whipping, and it's small ball.

While Air 21's record is bad, I still think they improved from last year. Franz is a good coach. They need Cardona and/or Cortez.
      rob reyes is riding the bench - franz said he wants a pg..so, how about a reyes for cortez trade? bgsm could probably throw in one of their wingers to ease up the log jam. also, regarding their coach...siot is slowly losing this team. as evidenced by last night's game...gone is the never say die attitude. down 18 in the 4th, they gave up. one more loss and i think siot will be taken out (if he hasn't yet, they have one full week before their next game). who should replace him? will they stay in house and give it to chualay or sauler? will they pry an assistant from another sister team like banal or pido? the most logical and practical would be giving the team to chua but eala hasn't really been known to be both.

i agree that baculi isn't a great pba coach..he has won in the pbl and ncaa before but he's been a pba coach for so long now and yet he just can't win. he arguably has a good cast of players now, albeit other team's cast offs. i think barako should give leo austria a long, hard look. he has guided a ho-hum shell squad before into the semis during his brief pba coaching stint. also the alaska coaching staff is brimming with talent...either one of compton, alas or topex should land head coaching interviews (at least) soon.

same with global...capacio ain't gonna cut it...unlike the other aforementioned coaches in the hot seat, he hasn't won anything in his coaching career; aside from rumors and chismis galore. he probably will not be replace anytime soon since this is basically his first conference but if a better coach becomes available (any guy i already said above) they should grab the opportunity and sign him up.

Comment

• Well, put alaska on contenders list alongside ROS and TNT. great defense plus good outside shooting from 2 gilas 1 boys (Jazul and Casio). Lucky for alaska that they got Casio. Many team would want a Casio on their team because what he brings. Great against BGK debut for Abueva. he wowed the crowd every move he makes on the court.

In BGK's issue?? Where is Tenorio of Jones cup? they don't have legit C. They can get Ballesteros from Barako bull if they want in exchange for a guard or they can get Taha from Air21 in exchange for Cortez.
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
          great non-call.. it was pretty obvious it wasn't goal tending as per FIBA rules which is known by ALL PBA TEAMS.. Junel Baculi and Villanueva are just being ignorant and emotional and i wouldn't blame them since it would be a monumental win against a powerhouse san mig coffee team..

the ball may or may not have a possibility to go in.. rafi reavis had the right to swap the ball out of the goal.. though there really was a travelling violation and the PBA office should reprimand the referees.. but for a referee to call that with just split seconds remaining takes a REALLY EXPERIENCED and VERY VERY VERY SHARP REFEREE to do such a thing..

take a look...

i thought all night long it was goal tending until i read and know that PBA is using FIBA rules in terms of goal tending. Great call by refs. boy, Barako bull didn't know that.
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            Well, put alaska on contenders list alongside ROS and TNT. great defense plus good outside shooting from 2 gilas 1 boys (Jazul and Casio). Lucky for alaska that they got Casio. Many team would want a Casio on their team because what he brings. Great against BGK debut for Abueva. he wowed the crowd every move he makes on the court.

In BGK's issue?? Where is Tenorio of Jones cup? they don't have legit C. They can get Ballesteros from Barako bull if they want in exchange for a guard or they can get Taha from Air21 in exchange for Cortez.
            these are pretty much obvious in the recent play of BGK.. but MORE THAN THAT, i think they have all the pieces together.. they have ample frontcourt in maierhofer, raymundo, wilson, mamaril and hatfield (might not be tall for centers but can do), they have good wing players in ellis, maliksi and ababou.. they have caguioa, helterbrand and tenorio and cortez.. that's pretty much a complete line-up already.. a center would give them an added boost but currently they have all the tools... raymundo and maierhofer can play center anytime just like what bosh was in miami..

it is obvious now that siot is not the coach that fits them.. he is not a bad coach, he just doesn't fit ginebra right now.. he can't glue them together to form an identity.. time to change it up.. maybe alfrancis chua can do it..

Comment

• ang taas talaga ng pride ni kuya noli! but it seems that the move by petron was for the good of the team.. hope we could see the true play of petron this time..

(ayaw na lang sabihin it didn't work out hahahaha)

'Spiderman' keys Petron's turnaround
              By Joaquin Henson The Philippine Star Updated October 29, 2012 12:00 AM 1 comment to this post

MANILA, Philippines - Now that the coaching situation is clear, Petron star Arwind Santos said the other day he expects the Blaze Boosters to play with more fluidity, clarity and conviction. Head coach Olsen Racela was given full rein by management to run the show after a 2-3 start and Petron celebrated the decision by trouncing Global Port, 110-98, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum last Friday.

Racela previously took a backseat to consultant Rajko Toroman who was tasked to lay the foundations of discipline, focus and work ethic during the offseason. The Serbian drillmaster will no longer sit on the Petron bench.

“We showed our trust for each other, heart and confidence on the court against Global,” said Santos. “Coach Olsen gave us the freedom to play and it was successful. We hope with coach Olsen, we get stronger and go far this season.”

Racela said there is no substitute for a positive relationship with the players to generate chemistry. “We just have to continue to build a positive and constructive relationship with one another,” he said. “I read about Arwind and Alex (Cabagnot) showing up at the national campus journalists fellowship in UST and I think the guesting gave the two time to rebond. I hope we can sustain this.”

Cabagnot echoed Santos’ sentiments. “It was a great team effort,” the Crunchman said, referring to the win over the Batang Pier. “I hope we can continue it and be consistent. We also shared the ball well.” The Blaze Boosters compiled 27 assists against Global with Cabagnot issuing nine. In five previous games, Petron averaged 21.4 dishes. It was the first Petron outing this season where at least seven players scored eight points or more, indicating a balanced offense, with five in double figures.

San Miguel Corp. sports director Noli Eala said Toroman remains consultant of basketball operations. “His role with Petron from the start was consultant with a ‘direct and active’ role,” said Eala. “After over two months, management felt he has already prepared coach Olsen adequately to take over. He will remain consultant but with a less active role with Petron.”

Toroman said he never wanted to usurp Racela’s responsibilities. “My role was to prepare the team for Olsen,” he said. “I told him that from the start. That’s why an hour before every practice, I met with the coaching staff to explain what we were going to do then we met the players. I’m only here for a transition period, to lay the groundwork, to share whatever I’ve learned from experience. I shared my playbook with Olsen. I didn’t hold back anything. I’m confident about Olsen’s future. He’s a very smart coach. I can see that he’s developing his own basketball philosophy and that’s good for Petron.”

Santos said there’s no substitute for positive thinking in a game. “If you think negative, nothing will happen,” he said. “If you think you can’t shoot, you won’t be able to shoot. I remember in my last year in the UAAP, I wanted to finish strong so I could be drafted. Luckily, I was successful. With Petron, we’ve been down to eight or nine players because of injuries but we never gave up. As a professional, my objective is to win every game and make the fans happy.”

At the UST forum, Santos said he will always cherish his FEU career. He took a pair of Finals MVP trophies and a season MVP award while leading the Tamaraws to a three-peat. “My FEU family supports me all the way, through thick and thin,” he said. “In the PBA, I thank God for giving me the talent to play as a professional. I do what I have to do to improve, to reach my goal. Every day at practice, I give it my all so I can play better, at an even higher level.”

In Petron’s last three games, top draft pick and rookie center JuneMar Fajardo was in the injured list recovering from surgery to drain a blood clot in his scrotum. Fajardo, 22, gave a glimpse of his upside when he collected 16 points and 13 rebounds in Petron’s 88-86 loss to Alaska last Oct. 19. Since that setback, Petron has won two in a row.

Santos said Fajardo is the future of the PBA. “We’re hoping he becomes a dominant player,” said the Spiderman. “We try to set a good example. At practice, we push and teach him. Like after getting a rebound, I tell him not to bring the ball down. Just a little more training, he’ll be a solid player.” Cabagnot predicted Fajardo will be a star. “He’s the biggest guy around,” he said. “We want to stay positive around him. He’s athletic and he has skills. He gets a lot of inspiration and encouragement from Arwind.”
              http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorn...bcategoryid=69

Comment

ang taas talaga ng pride ni kuya noli! but it seems that the move by petron was for the good of the team.. hope we could see the true play of petron this time..

(ayaw na lang sabihin it didn't work out hahahaha)

http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorn...bcategoryid=69
                Political correctness
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  Political correctness
                  exactly.. as what he is tasked to do as per RSA..

Comment

exactly.. as what he is tasked to do as per RSA..
                    And well for his own sake too

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      And well for his own sake too
                      and being a toro-lover too.. protect people you love..

Comment

and being a toro-lover too.. protect people you love..
                        True true. i doubt that it's because he's protecting Toro though-- a bit more selfish reason is protect the fact that he was the one who hired Toro-- that's selfish love

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• quick question, do you think it would be better if the coaching staff wear formal attire during games in Metro Manila? i think so.. formal attire meaning office barong or suit or just even something like Tim Cone's staff..

Comment

quick question, do you think it would be better if the coaching staff wear formal attire during games in Metro Manila? i think so.. formal attire meaning office barong or suit or just even something like Tim Cone's staff..
                            depends polos are semi casual in a way but you cannot hate that t shirt of Olsen and co. last friday
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

quick question, do you think it would be better if the coaching staff wear formal attire during games in Metro Manila? i think so.. formal attire meaning office barong or suit or just even something like Tim Cone's staff..
                              That would be a good idea coz they are representing the team, same point with the players coz they are role-models for the fans. In the NBA, they are implementing a dress code thats why you see the players and coaching staff going in and out of the arenas in suits or stylish clothing. The reason for this if you remember the gangsta dressing of Iverson among others in the 90s, and the NBA don't wanna be associated with drugs, booze or any criminal activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                                Could be but tubid and kramer have equal claim...they should replace their coach though.
                                But who...

Alfrancis Chua - owner George would like it.

Rajko Toroman - The team's Barako Bull. One of your players is the "Raging Bull." Why not have a coach named "Toro"man

...can't wait for the next games

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information