Gay and lesbian rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay and lesbian rights

I'm starting this thread mainly because currently Lithuania is facing that period when gay rights are being public issue. In particular, this Saturday it had to be the day when gay parade would occur for the first time in Lithuania. However, our Procurator General announced that "the kinds from children house is going to attack gay parade" and therefore this parade might be canceled. To put short, the majority of Lithuanian society is against gay rights. I would even say, the antagonism would remind Middle Ages. So, I'm interested how interbasket would go, for or against gay rights?

Basically, I think to deny gay rights is to deny your freedom of speech. And I don't want to let any man- intellectual or an idiot- to take my basic rights away.

PS: I tried to put a poll, but it took too long, surprisingly...
    Yes they do
    0%
    I don't think so
    0%
    To deny that is to deny human rights
    0%
    I don't read books, but this is perversion
    0%
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

I'm for legitimate rights, whatever they might be. Gay and lesbian rights and often rightfully compared to those of women, blacks in certain countries and indigenous people. In fact much of those rights have their roots in previous struggles for freedom, emancipation and such.

I'll ad a poll, tell me what the options are Straight forward
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

What are gay rights? Sucking a d!ck privately at home and having an open legal marriage are quite different from a legal perspective, I must say.

Let's make the poll anonymous, because this is a very controversial topic.

Also, it's interesting to see the geography of opinions on this:
      aim low, score high

Comment

they can fuck, married or whatever if they wannt...but no adopting chilldren
        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Do gays have rights?

Yes they do

I don't think so

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Do gays have rights?

Yes they do

I don't think so

1=3, 2=4?

Also you are not specific on what rights you are talking about. The rights to go to school, play basketball vs. "homosexual acts" vs. marriage vs. adoption. Not the same
            aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
              What are gay rights? Sucking a d!ck privately at home and having an open legal marriage are quite different from a legal perspective, I must say.
              Gay rights are the same as those of women, blacks, etc., i.e. not to be discriminated on the basis of what they are (in this case sexual preference). And that alone covers a whole lot of topics.
              About marriage I know many gays who are against it. Historically it has always been a heterossexual institution and it was made that way. Many gays see it as something that does not concern them at all. It's as if some people wanted the devil to rule the Catholic Church. I mean, the Church is about Jesus, so what's the point of reverting it? It's a highly debatable issue, but not all gays are for things like marriage, adoption, etc.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

1=3, 2=4?

Also you are not specific on what rights you are talking about. The rights to go to school, play basketball vs. "homosexual acts" vs. marriage vs. adoption. Not the same
                Well, if we would specify gay rights by all possible mean we would have to make about 20 or maybe more statements. As for the poll, let's just concentrate on generality- for or against gays rights generally?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                  Gay rights are the same as those of women, blacks, etc., i.e. not to be discriminated on the basis of what they are (in this case sexual preference). And that alone covers a whole lot of topics.
                  About marriage I know many gays who are against it. Historically it has always been a heterossexual institution and it was made that way. Many gays see it as something that does not concern them at all. It's as if some people wanted the devil to rule the Catholic Church. I mean, the Church is about Jesus, so what's the point of reverting it? It's a highly debatable issue, but not all gays are for things like marriage, adoption, etc.
                  the surley can marrige by law, but law shouldn't force church's to marridge them. that's on churc's. churchs are independent institution and have their own right to decide who and what they will acept. it's like me saying it is my own human right to play for lakers, and they need to bring law so i can play for them, it doesn't matter i'm not good for them

and no adoption, it's sick, paitfull for kids and totaly against biology. to sticks or two holes can't make baybe
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

As for the poll, let's just concentrate on generality- for or against gays rights generally?
                    Well with the way your poll is set up it is really hard to vote "no". Because the statement "Gays have no rights" implies that they should be persecuted and incriminated. Don't you see that?
                    aim low, score high

Comment

Well with the way your poll is set up it is really hard to vote "no". Because the statement "Gays have no rights" implies that they should be persecuted and incriminated. Don't you see that?
                      No, I don't see that. And I don't understand how you see that. Will you explain that?

If to put it short, gay rights means free choice of your sexual life and the right not to be discriminated of a choice to have sexual relation with the member of the same sex.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        and no adoption, it's sick, paitfull for kids and totaly against biology. to sticks or two holes can't make baybe
                        The right of adoption I would intend to call complementary right, having in mind that gays should deal with other issues first in many countries like fear to be discriminated if they would announce their homosexuality in public.
                        Than, when society is tolerant enough for gay rights, adoption could be discussed. Such complicated question would occur like- is true that in nature among animals every single case ratify the idea that "mom and dad" raise their descendants? Is true than in history of humans there was always mom and dad raising their children, or was it also only mom, or only dad? Would it be painful (by any means) for kids to grow in the gay family if he lives in the society where gay families are naturally tolerated? And so on and on....

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

the right not to be discriminated of a choice
                          Let me put it this way. For example, in countries like the US, smokers are discriminated against a lot. Lots of workplaces make it clear they don't hire smokers. Lots of apartments make it clear they don't rent to smokers. Would you say smokers have no rights in the US?

I get your point I think, but my point is everything is relative, and not always black-and-white like your question seems to suggest.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

Let me put it this way. For example, in countries like the US, smokers are discriminated against a lot. Lots of workplaces make it clear they don't hire smokers. Lots of apartments make it clear they don't rent to smokers. Would you say smokers have no rights in the US?

I get your point I think, but my point is everything is relative, and not always black-and-white like your question seems to suggest.
                            Smoking damages health and not only of those who smoke. Homossexuality damages nothing. Open homossexuality does not propagate more homossexuality. 99% of gays come from "normal" heterossexual families.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

You asked and I gave you precise description of what is gay rights, and you can vote according to that description if you need. If you think that gay rights should be bound in the sense of such questions as "can they show their penis in the pub, or only do their perversion in the dark room?" than I think you are wrong.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information