18th Super Kung Sheung Cup International Basketball Invitation Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th Super Kung Sheung Cup International Basketball Invitation Championship

Schedule and team rosters in the 18th Super Kung Sheung Cup International Basketball Invitation Championship ( December 14 to December 19, 2010). The rosters are in the left frame :

The 6'2" chinese guy whom I have played with in pick-up games is not in the 2010 edition southern california fookien association,

However, I was surprised to see another guy(#2)whom I have played against also. Someone padded his height though. he is listed as 6 feet but i think he is 5'10" to 5'11" although he can dunk. He is a very aggressive guy who likes to take it strong to the hoop.

check out the southern california fookien association roster here:

The Philippine collegiate roster is here. its too bad they did not include Junmar the Kraken:
    Last edited by pachador; 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM.
    =========================================
    Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

i dont feel this tournament..
    but i hope they do good and make us proud..

Comment

PBA teams used to represent the Philippines in this tournament. In 2004 and 2005 , it was Fed-Ex PBA team. FedEx placed 3rd in 2004. I dont know their standing in 2005

In 2006, it was Air-21, but they only placed 4th place after losing to hongkong and the Asian American Sports Club(this was the asian-american california team before the current southern california chinese Fukien team).

In the 2008 edition, Philippines was represented by CESAFI all-stars that beat the southern california chinese Fukien team, but the CESAFI all-stars led I believe by Fajardo the Kraken lost in the finals to Hongkong. by a huge margin though(tambak).

Here is Junmar Kraken's stats in the 2008 edition(by thadzonline)
      Junmar Fajardo Leads CeSAFI Basketball All-Stars to Runner-up Finish in Hong Kong. Junemar Fajardo(6'9" C) led the CeSAFI Basketball All-Stars to a respectable 2nd place finish in the 17th Super Kung Sheung Cup in Hong Kong. Fajardo had 15 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals and 5 blocks on 5 of 18 shooting to lead the CeSAFI quintet to a 75-60 victory over Singapore in their opening round assignment. In their second assignment which they lost to Hong Kong, 105-86, Fajardo had 22 points on 9 of 15 shooting. He also had 19 rebounds and 1 block in that game. In The semifinals, the CeSAFI five beat the Southern California Fukienese Association team, 74-64. Fajardo had 16 points, 23 boards, 1 steal and 3 blocks. Hong Kong clobbered CeSAFI again in the final, 100-61. Fajardo was limited to 11 points, 9 rebounds and 1 steal.

As you can see, Junmar Fajardo was already a monster internationally as far back as 2008 at least in an Asian tournament The Ateneo team of Norman Black should be reinforced by the Kraken !! specially since Junmar has played in that tournament before. Junmar can help Ateneo battle the tall centers of the Hongkong national team. In the past, Hongkong fielded two 7 footers if my memory is right.

I think the 2009 edition was cancelled (not sure.)
      Last edited by pachador; 12-12-2010, 07:08 AM.
      Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Tournament schedule is December 14 to December 19: Can anyone read chinese characters ?

Comment

Pareng Pach...FedEx placed 3rd in 2005, beating Malaysia by 20+ points. The 2009 edition was scrapped to make way for the East Asian Games.

Photos of Junmar's stint at the 17th Super Kung Sheung Cup in 2008:

The Ateneo-Adamson combo team will play the Thailand NT tomorrow and the two Chinese amateur club teams on Weds and Thurs (all at 7 PM). The Thailand game is a good opp for coach Norman to gauge a perennial darkhorse at the SEA Games.

If we make it to the top 2 in our group, they will face either Hong Kong or the Asian-American team in the cross-over semifinals on Saturday.

This year's Asian-American team appears to be the favorite to win the tournament. It features 2 Chinese-Americans, 2 Korean-Americans, 2 Caucasians and 6 African-Americans, including a legit 7-footer and a couple of 6'9 full-grown men. David Kalb, 6'4, is a streetballer and a youtube sensation (he beat LBJ in a game of HORSE).

Would have been a good test for the Kraken (no word yet whether Greggy Boy will play), but I'm sure our boys will give one hell of a fight.

Originally posted by pachador View Post
          Tournament schedule is December 14 to December 19: Can anyone read chinese characters ?
          http://www.basketball.org.hk/10sksc/index.htm

Comment

Thanks for the Erektifying update. A good way to stop awesome one-on-one streetballers is through zone defense. double or triple-teaming will stop their acrobatic contortions specially if they force their shot instead of passing it off to a free teammate.

Originally posted by erektus View Post
            Pareng Pach...FedEx placed 3rd in 2005, beating Malaysia by 20+ points. The 2009 edition was scrapped to make way for the East Asian Games.

The Ateneo-Adamson combo team will play the Thailand NT tomorrow and the two Chinese amateur club teams on Weds and Thurs (all at 7 PM). The Thailand game is a good opp for coach Norman to gauge a perennial darkhorse at the SEA Games.

If we make it to the top 2 in our group, they will face either Hong Kong or the Asian-American team in the cross-over semifinals on Saturday.

This year's Asian-American team appears to be the favorite to win the tournament. It features 2 Chinese-Americans, 2 Korean-Americans, 2 Caucasians and 6 African-Americans, including a legit 7-footer and a couple of 6'9 full-grown men. David Kalb, 6'4, is a streetballer and a youtube sensation (he beat LBJ in a game of HORSE).

Would have been a good test for the Kraken (no word yet whether Greggy Boy will play), but I'm sure our boys will give one hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by erektus View Post

the kraken:

Comment

the kraken's stats isnt bad either in this tournament few years back..
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

the Kraken has a lot of testosterone - the hormone of aggression - look at his hand, his ring finger is longer than the index finger. thats the warning sign of a Kraken. the pictures show him jumping all over the court with his long arms covering the sky.

Seriously, google about testosterone, index and ring finger and you will see what i mean

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                  the kraken:

Comment

Any idea on the lineup? Surely they have left?

Comment

Originally posted by augustine View Post
                      Any idea on the lineup? Surely they have left?
                      I think ive read somewhere that 4 Adamson players were inserted in the team.

Comment

They're in HK already.

Camson, Alvarez or Canada, maybe Nuyles and one more Falcon dude joined the Blue Eagles for the tournament. The other guys like Buenafe for example, were told to focus on class first. Oping Sumalinog is joining as well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by salsa caballero View Post
                          They're in HK already.

Camson, Alvarez or Canada, maybe Nuyles and one more Falcon dude joined the Blue Eagles for the tournament. The other guys like Buenafe for example, were told to focus on class first. Oping Sumalinog is joining as well.

Hope this helps.
                          Thanks, but who is on the ateneo side of the lineup?

Comment

From what I remember: Salva, Austria, Long, gonzaga, monfort, delacruz, sumalinog, chua or erram...not sure, ha?

Comment

atty salsa,

here's the list:

Kirk Long
                              Oping Sumalinog
                              Magic Tiongson
                              Bakon Austria
                              Arthur dela Cruz
                              Poy Erram
                              Nico Salva
                              Frank Golla

Comment