Quarterfinals: Lithuania vs. Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterfinals: Lithuania vs. Puerto Rico

Context: Puerto Rico lost its final game in group stage against Greece 84:98. Lithuania lost its final game in group stage against Nigeria 80:86.

Will the Green Army overrun Puerto Rico or will the dynamic red-and-blue take a giant leap to the Olympics once again?

July 6th @ 19:30 GMT-4:30

Viewing times:
    • Lithuania - 3:00
    • Puerto Rico - 8:00 P.M.
    • United States (Boston, New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami) - 8:00 P.M.
    • United States (Chicago, Houston, Dallas) - 7:00 P.M.
    • United States (Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle) - 5:00 P.M.
    • Venezuela - 19:30
    • Great Britain & Ireland - 1:00

Attached Files
    Lithuania
    0%
    Puerto Rico
    0%

Puerto Rico: Dont start Arroyo and Barea at the same time. Make sure we capture rebounds and run the fast break as lithuanians have shown to have a problem with their transition defense.

Lithuanians: Shut down puerto rican guards, send everybody to grab rebounds, and look to get every mismatch possible, specially if Arroyo and Barea are both on the court together.
    Originally posted by J-Mart
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    sigpic

Comment

Obviously it's not 19.30 GMT. Change it.
      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
        Obviously it's not 19.30 GMT. Change it.
        According to Fiba.com, it's exactly that (19:30 GMT-4:30).

Comment

The Lithuanians have only been in the Americas for a couple weeks, so they are probably still losing 15 points a game to the jet lag. But when is the last time Puerto Rico won an important game? The only safe predictions are that if Lithuania loses, their fans will whine about having to get on a plane for the tournament, and if Puerto Rico loses, their fans will claim that if [obscure player that once helped them to a heroic 21st place finish] had been playing, it would have been totally different.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

we got the toughest oponent in 1/4 from all 4 european teams,but this fact is that we knew that will happen before tournament started.Now everything we have we have to put on this game...Hard to predict the outcome,but we gonna fight and hope for best.GOOOOOOOOO LIETUVA!

Comment

LTU 1.39
              Porto Riko 2.80
              FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13
                • Lithuania - 3:00
                • Puerto Rico - 8:00 P.M.
                • United States (Boston, New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami) - 8:00 P.M.
                • United States (Chicago, Houston, Dallas) - 7:00 P.M.
                • United States (Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle) - 5:00 P.M.
                • Venezuela - 19:30
                • Great Britain & Ireland - 1:00

In Greece the match is in 3:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
                  LTU 1.39
                  Porto Riko 2.80
                  2.80 is low, you can find up to 3.40 for PR, which is rather big, in other words Liths are rated like ~70/30 favorite here. I don't think so. Wouldn't give more than 55/45 or so

Lithuania proved one thing so far here - they are unstable as hell, defense is shaky, shooting inconsistant. When you face crazy shooting and running teams like Puerto-Rico is - that could mean big trouble. If Lithuania will shoot like they did against Venezuela or like Greece did yesterday - then it should be a win, cause I don't rely on our defense at all, but if the shots won't fall - we might be screwed. If I'd be forced to bet here - I'd go with value bet on Puerto-Rico with such odds

Comment

Bwin never give good odds. Bet-at-home better.

LTU favourite 60/40 according to me. +8 points LTU.
                    FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      2.80 is low, you can find up to 3.40 for PR, which is rather big, in other words Liths are rated like ~70/30 favorite here. I don't think so. Wouldn't give more than 55/45 or so

Lithuania proved one thing so far here - they are unstable as hell, defense is shaky, shooting inconsistant. When you face crazy shooting and running teams like Puerto-Rico is - that could mean big trouble. If Lithuania will shoot like they did against Venezuela or like Greece did yesterday - then it should be a win, cause I don't rely on our defense at all, but if the shots won't fall - we might be screwed. If I'd be forced to bet here - I'd go with value bet on Puerto-Rico with such odds
                      I would not say Lithuania's shooting against Nigeria was bad. It was perfectly acceptable. The three main problems yesterday were turnovers (resulting in easy baskets by Nigeria), perimeter defense and rebounding. The last factor was key. Nigeria got 10 offensive rebounds, Kalnietis and the whole team never got into fast-break rhythm. Athleticism played a part, but Lithuania should be able to handle it through teamwork and skill. The problems are perhaps both systematic (defense) and fatigue/motivation related (turnovers).

Now, Puerto Rico may be a very, very unfortunate opponent for Lithuania. Barea will waste no time with penetrations and his teammates will have to deliver from outside. Still, Lithuania, with the right mindset, should be able to close the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
                        Bwin never give good odds. Bet-at-home better.

LTU favourite 60/40 according to me. +8 points LTU.
                        Try pinnaclesports if you like to bet on bball Good odds for basketball, trustworthy bookie

Comment

actually a shocking defeat against Nigeria might help in this one I believe this time all the players will be 100% focused.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                            The Lithuanians have only been in the Americas for a couple weeks, so they are probably still losing 15 points a game to the jet lag. The only safe predictions are that if Lithuania loses, their fans will whine about having to get on a plane for the tournament....
                            No excuses. None!

Originally posted by Wide View Post
                            I would not say Lithuania's shooting against Nigeria was bad. It was perfectly acceptable. The three main problems yesterday were turnovers (resulting in easy baskets by Nigeria), perimeter defense and rebounding. The last factor was key. Nigeria got 10 offensive rebounds, Kalnietis and the whole team never got into fast-break rhythm. Athleticism played a part, but Lithuania should be able to handle it through teamwork and skill. The problems are perhaps both systematic (defense) and fatigue/motivation related (turnovers).
                            I agree. You are precisely correct. Shooting was not their problem overall although Kalnietis did have a miserable day from the field.

Originally posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
                            actually a shocking defeat against Nigeria might help in this one I believe this time all the players will be 100% focused.
                            It better help, because it's certainly left Lithuanian basketball with a long-term black eye.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-05-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
                              Yes, remember last year? We lost to Macedonia, but then played quite well against Slovenia and Greece to take 5th place. I hope that that's what'll happen for the next couple of days.

I really hope Kemzura puts Dulkys into his game plan. That guy's a good defender, athletic, fast and can shoot the ball, can pass, can rebound. If he worked his ass off in the last friendly to make the team, then why can't he play?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information