Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19th EASTCOLIGHT Super Kung Sheung Cup Int'l B'ball Invitation Championship Jan.22-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
    Slaughter played just 10mins. I would have wanted him to match-up with the expectedly bigger Americans.
    so i guess it is safe to say that even if this is just a learning experience for the boys, Chot still does not trust Gregy boy! oh well, hope SMB can lend Junmar then for FIBA asia.
    Smart Gilas 2.0
    ***I Believe***

Yeng Guiao: Neither the 3 year program or coach Rajko was the factor for the success of Smart-Gilas.

Tab Baldwin: He’s [Rajko] the big reason, maybe the biggest reason they got as far as they did.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      The downside however is that there's that possibility that the cadets will tend to play to the level of their much weaker opponents. Thus instead of improving, their level of competitiveness might even be pulled down by low-level competition. Sometimes if your confident there's no way your patsy opponent can beat you, you tend to just take it easy & not play hard. Bakit ka nga ba masyadong magpakahirap pa gayong alam mo namang there's absolutely no way your opponent can beat you?

I think there's no way SBP will send this cadet team to this year's Jones Cup. It would definitely be the "elite" team that will see action in Taiwan as part of it's built up for the coming FIBA-Asia Men's Championship.

But I think if ever we send an all-amateur team reinforced by a Marcus Douthit to the Jones Cup, I think that team can compete well. Maybe that team will win 2 or 3 out of 8 games in the Jones Cup, but in my opinion, that's already very satisfactory. If the team losses a lot via close games, then I think that's not bad for a developmental team.
      if ever we decide to send the cadet team to the next Jones Cup, it will probably be without Marcus as the Manila FIBA-Asia Championship is just too near. Having Douthit play with teammates that are not going to really play in August might not help, as he might be used extensively in order to make the team competitive with the other teams and that might expose him to greater risks to injury and with so much playing time on him on a tournament so near to August might have him run-out of gas during the more important tournament in Manila. And its more prudent that Marcus is already at ease in playing with the expected core of players for the August tournament which would be just a couple of weeks after the conclusion of the Jones Cup.

Its either we use the Jones Cup as the practice tournament for the probable Final 12 line-up, a final try-out for the last 14 or 15 players or just use the Cadet Team for scouting purposes (which Japan and South Korea usually do by sending either their Nation Team B, their Youth Team or a University Selection).
      Last edited by nardy; 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM.
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

team jao or team gino could have win atleast 1 or 3 Super Kung Sheung Cup in winning column.
        ================================================== =========================================

Comment

Kevin Alas is a big hit in what is I think is his first stint with the Men's National Basketball team. He's always been a star in the NCAA, but the National team is another thing, and this gives him an edge over all the other NCAA stars in terms of exposure for experience and media mileage. He's also probably the most effective 6'0"+ Point Guard we have around.

Same is true with Garvo Lanete, who has been pretty consistent so far. Both guys have definitely boosted their stock in the PBA Draft once they join it ...
          Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Interaksyon news item, plus a good account of the game ...

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...alas-named-mvp

Comment

Dying minutes of the game. A good video, as long as you can stand the hysterical screaming. I think it was either Kevin Alas or Garvo Lanete who made that last two points off a drive to the basket for Gilas, a beautiful drive indeed.

http://youtu.be/WyzA2I8YPyw

Comment

SCFA almost pulled it off by putting handcuffs on canaleta (who all we knew have difficult adjusting if there is a game plan against him) and making him work on d end(4 fouls..)
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
                  Dying minutes of the game. A good video, as long as you can stand the hysterical screaming. I think it was either Kevin Alas or Garvo Lanete who made that last two points off a drive to the basket for Gilas, a beautiful drive indeed.

http://youtu.be/WyzA2I8YPyw
                  thanks for the video. I stand the scream hehe. It was alas makes tge final fg for the team.
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    thanks for the video. I stand the scream hehe. It was alas makes tge final fg for the team.
                    Alas is almost unstoppable when he makes beautiful drives like that. Hope to see him play for Gilas for one or so seasons, and see his game improve more (if he can) against stronger teams and players.

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
                      Alas is almost unstoppable when he makes beautiful drives like that. Hope to see him play for Gilas for one or so seasons, and see his game improve more (if he can) against stronger teams and players.
                      that lay-up floater of his is quite impressive.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Alas read the defense well there, his defender overplayed his strong side but Alas could dribble to the left as well and the help was late. More practice and more exposure internationally and build up more strength coz he tends to be turnover machine sometimes.

Comment

Interesting we see a good results for a shooter to be converted to a solid point guard in intl comp. We'll if we see same results for a scorer converted to be a point guard..

Comment

alas needs to get stronger and he needs to have better dribbling if we want him to be a pointguard. had a lot of turnovers in dubai when there was ball pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by budz17 View Post
                              alas needs to get stronger and he needs to have better dribbling if we want him to be a pointguard. had a lot of turnovers in dubai when there was ball pressure on him.
                              its doable just complete the shift..look at mark barroca..

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                its doable just complete the shift..look at mark barroca..
                                And JV Casio . . from Lasalled SG to Gilas PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information