No announcement yet.

Fenerbahce Ulker - 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way you say it is like we shouldn't have confidence at all. We should, we have plenty of reasons for it. And if you make your opponents bigger in your eyes than they really are, you will get nowhere with that mentality either. Our mentality should be bring it the fuck on and I predict that is how our mentality will be. So let's go Europe. Fenerbahçe isn't done just yet and Fenerbahçe will be ready. The Canary is ready to spread its wings and fly to far away galaxies. The process has begun.
    THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

It is too early decide what any team will achieve this year. Even for Real Madrid. They only made one change (Bourousis > Begic) but we don't know how it will effect their team chemistry.
      Fenerbahce Ulker has a good team but individual defense of players is a big question mark for me. Maybe they will have good team defense but at the moment we can't predict.
      Obradovic is a great coach, but Fenerbahce Ulker is not the easiest club to work... Media, fans, president of the club, GM or all the others know basketball better than Obradovic
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
        yes, mirotic mvp----last year mvp in acb, and all tournament team.... this year my prediction mvp in euroleague. becuse he is closest thing to be master in euroleague

yes-upgraded at center...........i will stop watching batketball when bourusis and mejri are considerd downgrde over begic

also there is cska, brcelona
        about mirotic, i accepted that he is a big talent but i don't think he is the big star that you mentioned on your comments. one of the most important parts of real for sure, but being a big star needs more..

of course after begic , bourousis is kinda dwight howard for real but upgrade can't say anything for future. if,for instance,real signed tomic back then that's the exact sign of success coming in future if you know what i mean but bourousis? i can't be sure.

im still saying, with a signing of killer guard, fener has the best starter 5 in el.

Comment

Originally posted by louie k View Post
          yes exactly thats the problem, you found it. we all hate turkish teams, thats why they can't even qualify in the final 4. it's the negative energy from our comments...

lets be a little serious now, personally my second preference(first being my own team panathinaikos) for winning the euroleague this year would be fener cause of obradovic. BUT it's really hard and it seems that you don't really understand what it needs to win the title. you think that if you make a couple of impressive signings like kleiza your opponents will be scared and surrender? right now i think cska, barcelona, real, panathinaikos, olympiakos have more chances for the title and obradovic needs to do a lot of work to surpass them. and he knows it.
          Now we're talking only for rosters,coaches in short on paper and you are saying these two (let pana put aside, oly? really?) have bigger chance than fener? When it comes to mental strength,winner character yeah you can say that but on paper? wow. I have biggest respect for V-span and Diamantidis but you can't be serious.

Comment

On paper I agree that Fener has the means to reach F4(with lucky draws) and there anything can happen(If there is not a Greek club).
            They have an at least top 8 roster and most importantly the best coach with this kind of budgets.
            The problem is that Real,Cska and Barca are too far away to compete with them in the regular season so the Turks would have to beat either Pao or Olympiakos for the final spot for Milano and no matter the coach or the roster you have you will be the underdog against Spanoulis,Diamantidis and the Greek arenas...
            Against Real,Cska and Barca I give you no chance in the playoffs even with the small chance you ll have the home advantage since you have no depth in your roster and thats the most crucial thing in a 5 game series.
            Finally I find no problem with your confidense.I was acting the same 4-5 years earlier when I had even more expensive roster and better players overall by this current Fener and even though we didnt had a good coach we reached the final in the end after many years of failure.Reaching the F4 would be a huge success for a Turkish club imo.
            Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Comment

Sure, Olympiakos that was winning with an examplary team selection and spirit and had a, we could say, a complete overhaul and Panathinaikos that had the worst team in years last season and a luck way too many clubs shared that coincidence, will now surely be the only allmighty obstacle to any team to F4? I can go with personal bias, with Barcelona being the most beautiful city, with NWO controling just about everything theories, I can survive long posts of Spanoulis praise by a poster we all know, but there is a point where the universe itself is screaming for a reality check, no offense...

For any team that throws around tens of millions for just about anybody available F4 isn't even a succes, it should be a consequence if some logic is pursued along, be it Turkish, Greek, Spanish, English or Uzbekistanish club
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

@Joško Poljak Fan

I said that Real,Cska, and Barca are too far away from the rest of the clubs and they will definitely be in the F4 and non other but a greek club would have any chance at all to eliminate them in the playoffs phase.So for the last ticket for Milano Olympiakos,Pao,Fener and possibly a few more teams would have to compete against eachother for the spot and in a series of 5 games Olympiakos and Pao would be the favorites to qualify since Fener has no depth in their roster and the other teams are overall worse than the greeks.Thats my opinion.

For any team that throws around tens of millions for just about anybody available F4 isn't even a succes, it should be a consequence if some logic is pursued along, be it Turkish, Greek, Spanish, English or Uzbekistanish club
                If you could buy the Euroleague Cska would have around 30 trophies atm so no I dont agree with you.When was the last time tha Fener reached the F4?When was the last time that a Turkish team reached the F4?When was the last time that a turkish team participated in a final?So yes if Fener reach the F4 this year it will be a huge success even with a huge budget...
                Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Comment

Originally posted by World of Basketball View Post
                  Looking forward too see if Zeljko Obradovic will succeed with his new team. Somehow I believe that at this moment, Fenerbahce roster is not good enough for title. We will see.
                  Well, Zeljko doesn't need the best team to win the title. Look at Partizan, Panathinaikos in 2002 or 2011...
                  Not well? What is illness to the body of a knight-errant?
                  What matter wounds? For each time he falls he shall rise
                  again... and woe to the wicked! Sancho! My armor, my sword!

Follow me on Twitter: @Vendri_7

Comment

I just wanted to add for clarity: my last post was ironic. I do have healthy hopes of a good season, but a F4 is the craziest that I dare to dream right now. I agree that Fener certainly isn't the biggest favorite yet. I do expect at least one other transfer though.
                    THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by Vendri View Post
                      Well, Zeljko doesn't need the best team to win the title. Look at Partizan, Panathinaikos in 2002 or 2011...
                      Partizan had the best pg-sg duo in Europe with Djordjevic and Danilovic and that year Obradovic had prof. Nikolic to help him and that certanly had a big impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Psofimis View Post
                        @Joško Poljak Fan

I said that Real,Cska, and Barca are too far away from the rest of the clubs and they will definitely be in the F4 and non other but a greek club would have any chance at all to eliminate them in the playoffs phase.So for the last ticket for Milano Olympiakos,Pao,Fener and possibly a few more teams would have to compete against eachother for the spot and in a series of 5 games Olympiakos and Pao would be the favorites to qualify since Fener has no depth in their roster and the other teams are overall worse than the greeks.Thats my opinion.

If you could buy the Euroleague Cska would have around 30 trophies atm so no I dont agree with you.When was the last time tha Fener reached the F4?When was the last time that a Turkish team reached the F4?When was the last time that a turkish team participated in a final?So yes if Fener reach the F4 this year it will be a huge success even with a huge budget...
                        I must have misunderstood you, but imo it's still way to early to have such prognosis. Some teams will surprise, some haven't closed their roster yet an injury or two might ruin another...

Easy out of my head Efes Pilsen was at F4 in 98' (the year might be wrong 99' if 98' isn't correct) and should get there in 03/04 if it wasn't for the Fortitudo robbery, we've all seen how that worked out in the finals than. Unlike the 90ies with Tofas, Fener there was basicaly no other team than Efes and Ulker untill... once again not completely sure 07' when Fener stepped in and basicaly only after 2010 and WC in Turkey that Turkish clubs are flooded with money as that wasn't the case before. Lately we can see quite some examples of bad management (Efes borderline excluded), but as a Oly fan remembering 2011 and prior I am sure you are well aware of how easily that can happen

I thought we were talking about F4 appearances not titles, luckily a bag of money can't neccesarily buy a title in any given season, yet. Otherwise does it take anything more for f.e. London to throw in 100 million € (which is kind of the scale in comparison to other clubs of what CSKA threw in back in the days) and buy themselve a F4 and if they would be persistant for few years that would likely bring them a title as well. That's why I was really glad Olympiakos destroyed this monotomy in the last two seasons as untill than euroleague was more and more becoming a spending spree competition instead of the basketball one.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

It's said that Fenerbahçe also signed İzzet Türkyılmaz. Now I am confused, what are they going to do with 4 PFs? I don't think Kleiza will get under 25 mins, so 3 players will share 15 mins?
                          la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

Originally posted by surfer View Post
                            It's said that Fenerbahçe also signed İzzet Türkyılmaz. Now I am confused, what are they going to do with 4 PFs? I don't think Kleiza will get under 25 mins, so 3 players will share 15 mins?
                            I think, Obradovic will try Karaman for center. Lets see.
                            First of all, I'm really sorry about my poor English.

Comment

Originally posted by villian View Post
                              I think, Obradovic will try Karaman for center. Lets see.
                              I hope you weren't trying to spell villain. Welcome to the board!

Comment

Seems that even best coaches when come to Fener lose their minds...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information