No announcement yet.

2017 jones cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow is kobe chance to build confidence japan is weak and same age as him college players lang din japan diba? he should play better tomorrow.

Comment

• Just stay locked in...Ito mahirap nasa poster ng jones cup kala eh one of main guys..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
        Agree with this on Belo struggling as a 3 in the international level. Even before he got injured, in the All-Filipino Cup look at the games where Blackwater lost particularly the losses to SMB and ROS. Belo ended up with single digits in scoring. He was tired the whole game chasing Lassiter (SMB) and Jeff Chan/James Yap (ROS).

Belo will have the same problem as Arwind Santos. Transitioning from 4 to 3 in international play.
        Yeah, this is where the presence of African collegiate imports proves beneficial. Just imagine if they (Belo, et al) had to play center full time during their college stint.

At least now we are having "bigs" capable of playing the perimeter.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
          Tomorrow is kobe chance to build confidence japan is weak and same age as him college players lang din japan diba? he should play better tomorrow.
          Im excited...Hope Kobe delivers this time.

Comment

• Time to rest Christian and Ravena tomorrow. I would like to see Kobe play 20 minutes.

I don't buy the 19-year old reason because 18 year old's are playing in the NBA.

Comment

• Kobe looks lost on offense. He just stays in the corner or on the shooter's pocket awaiting a pass. He doesn't get the touches he needs since doesn't move around a lot. However, I did see him getting in good position for rebounds and putbacks. Once he holds the ball for too long, the offense stagnates. To be honest, I wouldn't give him a lot of minutes if he keeps this up as it may bring the whole team down.

Right now, I think he feels like he's being drowned in cold water, realizing that he has a lot of work to do to improve his game and live up to expectations. Fame may have its benefits, but he's expecting too much of himself right now. He doesn't need to score or put up highlight dunks at this point. He needs to defer to his teammates and just play defense. His blocking ability is an asset (we lack shot blockers) so it might be a good idea for him to just focus on his defensive game.

Comment

• Ano na po ba update sa injury ni Parks? Makakalaro pa ba xa ulit sa tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                  Time to rest Christian and Ravena tomorrow. I would like to see Kobe play 20 minutes.

I don't buy the 19-year old reason because 18 year old's are playing in the NBA.
                  yup, even locally he isn't at a level of a kenneth duremdes maturity who at 19 has decent contributions in the 1994 senior team. Still hoping, he turns out to be as good as we wanted him to be as he is still young. na pressure ata sa expectations.

Comment

• Honestly, watching his full games video on vimeo 1-2years ago, I like the way kobe plays on his highschool days compare today. Lighter but Quicker and more agile, more efficient shooter, better ball handling, plays more intelligently. Ngayon kasi he always looks stiff on the court, many unnecessary movements (see those no look pass lols) always seems dont know what to do. Well he is just 19 I hope he regains his old middlebrooks highschool form but more refined and improved hehe.
                    Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

• Kobe is just a little demoralized. I'm betting he figures it out before the tournament ends, and should have some sort of a breakout game sooner than later. This is all mental, he needs to toughen up and wipe that pout off his face.
                      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• guys lets cut him some slack. kobe isnt your typical 19yrs old, he has a name to protect and one of the hopes of our basketball nation thats why hes feeling a lot of pressure than anyone else and its shows in his play. we have to realize that its hard to be in his shoes right now but he really needs this type of experience in order for him to not be complacent. im sure he realizes now that he has looong ways to go and thats good. though hes making mistake here and then, we cant deny the fact that he has tons of potential. someday he will thank all the adversities he once experience because this is all part of a long process.
                        "Champions aren't made in the gyms; Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION" - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          Kobe is just a little demoralized. I'm betting he figures it out before the tournament ends, and should have some sort of a breakout game sooner than later. This is all mental, he needs to toughen up and wipe that pout off his face.
                          yup effortlessly strong to the hoop and block shots.. (japhet isnt as good as a finisher as kobe)..matter of time and a whole sea games ahead pa..

Comment

• you cannot showcase your skill set if you hardly get the minutes. People seem to forget that its been more than a year since kobe logged real minutes on the floor. The only competition hes involved with is the 3 on 3. Mahirap kunin yung timing and feel ng game. Plus the fact that the team itself hasnt jelled. Tapos pag nagkalat ka sisigawan ka pa ni chot. I say just let the kid learn! Ibabad ng husto at hayaan magkamali.

Comment

• the problem is that because chot likes up tempo but controlled offense, he doesnt give opprtunities to daquioag, kobe,vosotros and even belo to manufacture any offense.(Wright just only tasked to be a spot up shooter..). Surely they already scored more in this level but since more better team mates eat their pt confidence dropped..

Surprised not about cs energy but his maturity in terms of boxing out and knowing all the gulang at post despite being a not shotblocker like rdo..
                              Last edited by reamily; 07-17-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
                                you cannot showcase your skill set if you hardly get the minutes. People seem to forget that its been more than a year since kobe logged real minutes on the floor. The only competition hes involved with is the 3 on 3. Mahirap kunin yung timing and feel ng game. Plus the fact that the team itself hasnt jelled. Tapos pag nagkalat ka sisigawan ka pa ni chot. I say just let the kid learn! Ibabad ng husto at hayaan magkamali.
                                di rin confident si chot that his team can make a run in the end..thats why he cannot give kobe a 7 minute burn like he did in alaska game..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information