No announcement yet.

Turkish Basketball League (BSL) - 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So most of the teams play preparation games nowadays. Banvit-Büyükçekmece was one of them. Bunch of prospects to follow in the game. Osmani looks really impressive. A almost double-double performance from him. He is a very mobile big-man, was used C today, originally he is a PF. Atar has protected the rim effectively that Çekmece's frontcourt had a lot of problems with finishing around the rim. Geçim didn't play well, but the fact that he just recovered from the injury. Still, he showed his class with 2 magical assists.

Odum is a versatile scorer, but he is trying too much. He was too hot today, but I don't think he is the right man to run the offenses. It is not the right time to judge, but he seemed a bit downgrade in comparison to Theodore as first impression.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Tofaş is close to Rautins just a coupe days after Crocker's 2 month injury. Ene couln't trust youngsters for 1 months ( Yiğit Arslan is a great prospect for that position) , but him and Tofas managers will talk about "how their team's spirit is all about turkish players" and how that f..ing quato is damaging our NT! In the end, their spiritual team will get sweet by a conterder if somehow they can reach play-offs again. I truely just hope that Tofaş relegated to second division.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
        Tofaş is close to Rautins just a coupe days after Crocker's 2 month injury. Ene couln't trust youngsters for 1 months ( Yiğit Arslan is a great prospect for that position) , but him and Tofas managers will talk about "how their team's spirit is all about turkish players" and how that f..ing quato is damaging our NT! In the end, their spiritual team will get sweet by a conterder if somehow they can reach play-offs again. I truely just hope that Tofaş relegated to second division.
        They have quality youngsters too. I have high hopes for Banvit this year. Do you guys think Atar will play 15+ minutes this year?

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
          They have quality youngsters too. I have high hopes for Banvit this year. Do you guys think Atar will play 15+ minutes this year?
          Let alone Atar playing 15+ minutes, I am not sure whether he plays for Banvit and playing for Banvit would be beneficial for him. I hope he will stay one more year in Kırmızı and can focus on his game there easily. He needs to take responsibility on offense to improve his game and playing in second division has made a boost effect on his profile whenever he spent time in Kırmızı on the whole. I hope, we will see Osmani on court a lot this year. He is a more senior-ready player comparison to Atar. Osmani has been having a very good above-expectations prep period so far.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

not quite, he played for 2 mins today

i watched GS-Antep game on TV. it was rather a low quality game, where Koksal was the top-scorer until garbage time. maybe because it was just the first match. Both teams looked like they met each other 1 hr before the game, especially Gaziantep. Strange to see Victor Rudd here (for a while he played point guard today, not joking). Last year they had picked up late and did a decent job, but it will be tough to repeat it with the current roster, imo.

GS was the better team throughout, they knew what to do, but could not really execute them. Rakeem Christmas is solid. Ege Arar did quite a decent job in 20mins, he needs to play min this much in every game.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Trabzon-Besiktas: 71-82.
              This was a better looking game. Trabzon is mostly a newly formed team (as usual) but they made their shots. On defensive end, Opekba was impassable with 7 blocks!
              Besiktas had issues with playmaking, Boatright was terrible and Sipahi was not played in first 30mins due to injury, but Sarica had to put him in. The team knows how to play together, and eventually they managed to win behind strong inside scoring from Sertac Sanli (20-3-5, on 67%fg).

as for Efes, this team looks at a level even below our modest expectations this year. When we thought Heurtel-Granger duo was inadequate, they brought McCollum-Adams duo, who are at the Challenge cup level :/. and Mr Perasovic, why the hell do you call 5 youngsters to the roster if you are not give any time to them? what's the point in suiting them up, really?

Comment

Club with circa 25-30m budget doesn't need experiments like Thomson. This guy is comic first of all
                We lost to Efes in ugly way

Comment

we need time. we miss dixon and kalinic terribly that's all i'm going to say.
                  FENER
                  cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
                  calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                    Club with circa 25-30m budget doesn't need experiments like Thomson. This guy is comic first of all
                    We lost to Efes in ugly way
                    I was surprised about it.
                    Efes seem as an awful team this season, and won the game
                    2022/2023:
                    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                      I was surprised about it.
                      Efes seem as an awful team this season, and won the game
                      Efes is awful, but an awful Euroleague team still. I'm quite surprised as well

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        Efes is awful, but an awful Euroleague team still. I'm quite surprised as well
                        Maybe, the effect of Bogdanovic and Udoh are bigger than we thought?
                        2022/2023:
                        PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                        SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                        SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                        PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                        PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

So guys finally some prospects getting some responsibility. Hats off to sir Trifunovic, and thanks to Crockers’ injury Ene realize he has a player called Yiğit Arslan!

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                            So guys finally some prospects getting some responsibility. Hats off to sir Trifunovic, and thanks to Crockers’ injury Ene realize he has a player called Yiğit Arslan!
                            yeah, that's almost the only reason I'm watching TBL games. We have a few players starting to take major roles/minutes now; Taskiran, Guven, Ugurlu, Turen, Gecim, Ulubay....

Yigit is great, and when you watch him, you wonder why he doesn't play all the time... he has no negative impact on the team even if he's not taking any shot, and when takes them he makes them...

on the flipside Kadir Bayram is now lost under Ene. and Baygul cannot break Blatt's rotation. Arar is doing fine but he should be taking more minutes too.

Gaziantep and a few other teams are terrible this year for youngsters, but others are getting better overall.

Comment

Geçim played a whole 36 minutes today. That must be his career high. Good for him

Comment

Geçim played a whole 36 minutes today. That must be his career high. Good for him
                                yeah, and we have to mention that Efes and Mr Perasovic are now the worst in this aspect. it's actually embarrassing. In a team loaded with young talent (Saybir, Bitim, Mustafa, Demir, even Erdogan), no one plays a single fucking minute, even in TBL... instead, they signed mediocre players like Muric...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information