No announcement yet.

[1/4 Finals] Greece - Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being at top-8 is not a small feat. I mean, for one of the worst NT's after '87.

Comment

• I voted for Greeks although Russia gave me better impression when watching their games. Greeks can play shitty games and win, and this never must be forgotten. I don't need more reasons to think they can win. Go on trolling your team Greeks, it's a ritual that has been working.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Navarro #7 View Post
        Go on trolling your team Greeks, it's a ritual that has been working.
        Spaniards and Serbs just want to have their usual customers!
        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
          Spaniards and Serbs just want to have their usual customers!
          Suckers! We won't give them such pleasure.

Comment

• So today is slaughtery day. Time to say goodby from the tournament. I am glad this tournament ends today for us. I hate eurobasket. I hate greek NT. I hate basketball. I want to focus on my work again. We will loose by 35 points!

Comment

• Was going to bet on Greece but I refrained as the team I bet on tends to lose.
              İzmir’in dağlarında çiçekler açar
              Altın güneş orda sırmalar saçar
              Bozulmuş düşmanlar yel gibi kaçar
              Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa
              Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa!

Comment

• Originally posted by atillafb View Post
                Was going to bet on Greece but I refrained as the team I bet on tends to lose.
                I bet on Russia, so either way I'm happy with the result (I'm Greek). But I actually believe Greece has more chances today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DainBramaged View Post
                  I bet on Russia, so either way I'm happy with the result (I'm Greek). But I actually believe Greece has more chances today.
                  It seems that many Greek fans share your optimism after the game vs Lithuania. I took a look on Gazetta.gr and I saw many comments about medals(!) today. A few days ago the ambient was quite the opposite.
                  Imo this optimism is based on some misconceptions.
                  1. The shooting at the last 2 games was abnormally good for our standards and those opponents gave us a lot of free shots. Good 3pt shooting is not a given. On the contrary.
                  2. It's not a game between oly and cska. Anyway, even those wins of oly were absolutely unpredictable.
                  3. Russia 2017 is not Russia 2015. And certainly, Russia 2017 is obviously stronger than Lithuania 2017.
                  4. Overall, anyone who has watched their games knows that Russia has played much better than Greece and not the opposite.

Comment

You bet on Russia but you believe that Greece has more chances today. Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Comment

• Sounds like a further sample of nowadays modern greek Tsiprasoidal logic: "From now on, Yes means No and No means Yes. Do you agree?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                        It seems that many Greek fans share your optimism after the game vs Lithuania. I took a look on Gazetta.gr and I saw many comments about medals(!) today. A few days ago the ambient was quite the opposite.
                        Imo this optimism is based on some misconceptions.
                        1. The shooting at the last 2 games was abnormally good for our standards and those opponents gave us a lot of free shots. Good 3pt shooting is not a given. On the contrary.
                        2. It's not a game between oly and cska. Anyway, even those wins of oly were absolutely unpredictable.
                        3. Russia 2017 is not Russia 2015. And certainly, Russia 2017 is obviously stronger than Lithuania 2017.
                        4. Overall, anyone who has watched their games knows that Russia has played much better than Greece and not the opposite.
                        I don't disagree with any of those points. I'm not too optimistic, but I don't believe that the last 2 results of Greece were pure luck either. Anyway, just one more hour till we find out

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                        You bet on Russia but you believe that Greece has more chances today. Sounds like a reasonable approach.
                        Yes, it is quite reasonable actually, cause it's a win-win situation.

Comment

• This works only if the money you get is equally important to you as the success of your home country.

So what is your price Judas?
                          Last edited by fasoulaki; 09-13-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

This works only if money is equally or even more important for you than the success of your home country.
                            I bet the exact value of my home country's success in money, so that I'm totally unbiased and calm during the game

Comment

This works only if money is equally or even more important for you than the success of your home country.
                              It depends on the amount of money I guess. After all, it's just a bb game.

Comment

I bet the exact value of my home country's success in money, so that I'm totally unbiased and calm during the game
                                Give me numbers, buddy! How much do you value a semifinal spot in €.
                                Last edited by fasoulaki; 09-13-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information