Nigeria national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News regarding Ejim: http://www.amestrib.com/sections/spo...an-team-tryout
    "Because he originally got his passport after he was 15-years old and currently lived in America, it wasn’t as easy as filling out some paperwork."

Also, Venezuela is scouting Nigeria - Brad Greenberg (Maccabi Haifa) is doing the research: http://www.punchng.com/sports/olympi...epless-nights/

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojado View Post
      News regarding Ejim: http://www.amestrib.com/sections/spo...an-team-tryout
      "Because he originally got his passport after he was 15-years old and currently lived in America, it wasn’t as easy as filling out some paperwork."
      [/url]
      Just so we're clear, that's his Canadian passport they're talking about. Not sure why getting his previous passport after he was 15 would make it harder to renew, it looks like it's easier to renew if you were at least 16 at the time of your previous passport application.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• They are playing Olumide Oyedeji's former team in China, the import-less Foshan Long Lions (second worst team in the CBA despite 3 good imports), and won the first game 74-47 and the second game 84-54. Another rematch on Wednesday. On Thursday they play another Chinese team, Fujian Sturgeons.

aim low, score high

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
          They are playing Olumide Oyedeji's former team in China, the import-less Foshan Long Lions (second worst team in the CBA despite 3 good imports), and won the first game 74-47 and the second game 84-54. Another rematch on Wednesday. On Thursday they play another Chinese team, Fujian Sturgeons.
          Any boxscores available or atleast best scorers/performances? thnx

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Any boxscores available or atleast best scorers/performances? thnx
            That would be great! I have already searched for boxscore/stats but I found nothing.

I am very curious to find out if all the 21 invited players, are with the team right now.

I am pretty sure that the guy with No 12 on his jersey is Ejike Ugboaja.
            Al Farouq Aminu uploaded a photo from China on his twitter account, which means that he is training with the rest of the team.

I can't recognize any other players at the photos...

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
              Just so we're clear, that's his Canadian passport they're talking about. Not sure why getting his previous passport after he was 15 would make it harder to renew, it looks like it's easier to renew if you were at least 16 at the time of your previous passport application.
              True. Just wondered what took him so long to get one. How do you travel between Canada and the US? Dont you need a passport to do it?
              Regarding his Nigerian passport:
              From what I know, a visa to visit Nigeria is more costly than to apply for a Nigerian passport. Therefore, a lot of U.S.-Nigerians hold a Nigerian one as well (from an early age on).
              Will be interesting to see if Aminu and Diogu will be cleared to play for D'Tigers. One received his passport just lately while the other played for the U.S. before (and has been let go by USA Basketball some time ago).

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

• Originally posted by sixama23 View Post
                That would be great! I have already searched for boxscore/stats but I found nothing.

I am very curious to find out if all the 21 invited players, are with the team right now.

I am pretty sure that the guy with No 12 on his jersey is Ejike Ugboaja.
                Al Farouq Aminu uploaded a photo from China on his twitter account, which means that he is training with the rest of the team.

I can't recognize any other players at the photos...
                Number 15 is Big O and I see Koko Archibong on one of the pics.
                Dont know Number 8 though.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                  True. Just wondered what took him so long to get one. How do you travel between Canada and the US? Dont you need a passport to do it?
                  They have everything they need up there in America Junior, no need to leave the country

Presumably his current passport expired later this summer (they're valid for five years and he first came to the US in 2007) but needed six months validity to get the Chinese visa and so had to renew it on short notice.
                  Last edited by JGX; 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                    They have everything they need up there in America Junior, no need to leave the country

Presumably his current passport expired later this summer (they're valid for five years and he first came to the US in 2007) but needed six months validity to get the Chinese visa and so had to renew it on short notice.
                    Thanks for clearing this up
                    Why did Canada not include him? Is he not a junior-NT-calibre-player?

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

• #6 is Ike Diogu
                      #10 is Koko Achipong
                      #7 Aminu
                      #8 Ade Dagunduro

Will it be possible for the person who posted the pictures to post an analysis of the players or the box score of the games.

Looking at the team I think we might be undersized at the Centre position and lacking in the guard sport, Noruwa Agho is a very good guard and the best player on the Columbia team, but he didnt play last season because of a knee injury, other Guards that are available and could have done very well for Nigeria include Ben Uzoh - Raptors, Victor Oladipo - Indiana and Kevin Olekaibe - Fresno State
                      Last edited by Rotela; 06-15-2012, 11:39 PM.
                      Visit http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/ for Nigerian Basketball

Comment

• Sorry no box score found (probably because nobody did it), not even top scorer for either team.

However today's game was televised by a local channel, I have the video (RMGB, 777.9MB) but I didn't watch it since I'm not interested, just PM me if you want the video. Foshan got destroyed 64-110, don't think that's great practice for Nigeria. After the Fujian game (14th) they'll play 2 games against Shanxi Brave Dragons on 16th and 17th.

Edit: watched a little bit of video, Foshan actually only trailed 19-20 after 1 quarter but then collapsed. I didn't watch the entire video but from the bits I see, Foshan (whose main players already suck majorly without imports) actually gave a lot of playing time to 2-3 benchwarmers who couldn't score in double digit in an entire CBA season as well as 3-4 junior players with no CBA experience (and probably won't ever have, based on what I see). Nigeria got a lot of easy points from turnovers, since some of the Foshan junior players look the type that will turn the ball over playing against a chair. Nigeria doesn't look like a terribly strong team despite the blowout margin, as their offense is mostly fast breaks + second chance points and their defense seems disorganized. #7 Aminu looks the most impressive from the little bit I saw, I don't really recognize the other players besides Diogu and Oyedeji, and the 2 commentators also don't recognize 90% of the players on the floor for both teams (neither do I). Again, I can share the video if anyone wants it.
                        Last edited by sinobball; 06-14-2012, 06:40 AM.
                        aim low, score high

Comment

• Nigeria beat Fujian Sturgeons 84-56. There was a moment of silence before the game for the victims of the crash on June 3.

From the last picture, I can see the scoring breakdown:
                          Fujian: Zhang Yong 13, Chen Jinlong (no CBA experience) 9, Lo Yi Ting 9 -- missing all 5 starters (Roberson, Abbas, McDonald, Gong, Zhao) while 5 junior players are on the list.
                          Nigeria: Aminu 18, Diogu 16, Ibekwe 14, Oyedeji 9
                          aim low, score high

Comment

• Thanks a lot for this, really appreciate this, please keep us posted with any pictures, comments or videos that you might have......

Players I can recognise

#1 - Tony Skinn
                            #3 - Melvin Ejim
                            #5 - Ekenne Ibekwe
                            #6 - Ike Diogu
                            #7 - Al Farouq Aminu
                            #8 - Ade Dagunduro
                            #10 - Koko Achipong
                            #12 - Ejike Ugboaja
                            #15 - Olumide Oyedeji
                            Last edited by Rotela; 06-15-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Nigeria beat Shanxi 94-80 in Game 1 which was close for 37 minutes, until Aminu pulled the game away with his penetrations on a 14-3 run. Quarter scores: 24-26; 41-44; 68-65, 94-80. Considering Shanxi is without its 2 imports who combine for 60+ppg in the CBA this isn't a great result for Nigeria, even if you consider the home factor. And it's not like Shanxi played its main players the entire game since junior player Tian Guisen scored in double digits.

Rematch today.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

• @ sinoball, Nigeria are also missing some potential players.....please let us know how the final game went, thanks again for the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information