No announcement yet.

Dominican Republic NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiba should let Villanueva play for the dominicans, dont know who is Josh Asselin, but he has ass on his name so he must be arrogant. Nationalized players or not Puerto Rico will still wipe the floor with them..
    Originally posted by J-Mart
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
      Fiba should let Villanueva play for the dominicans, dont know who is Josh Asselin, but he has ass on his name so he must be arrogant. Nationalized players or not Puerto Rico will still wipe the floor with them..
      Josh Asselin played as an import a couple of years ago in Puerto Rico and got his butt kicked. After that he played fairly well in the spanish ACB. He was naturalized by the dominicans for the 2005 Tournament of the Americas. He aint as good as advertised. Villanueva is a far better option than him, so I wouldnt complain if I was dominican and FIBA made me decide between the 2 of em.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
        The Argentinian Federation and the Puertorrican Federation are presenting a claim against Charlie Villanueva and Josh Asselin.

Argentina says that the autorization for CV31 to play for RD was processed to fast.

Puerto Rico argues that CV31 and Josh Asselin cant play together because both of them are naturalized players, since Josh is not dominican and CV31 already lost his dominican status by playing with USA.

Interesting... where did you find this information ??

Stuart
        http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
        http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
        http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart View Post
          Interesting... where did you find this information ??

Stuart
          dominican newspaper, sorry I didnt link it, i was in a news rush

Todo lo relacionado con el Baloncesto Dominicano, nuestros jugadores, entrenadores y nuestra Selecci?n Nacional. El basket nos Une!!!

Todo lo relacionado con el Baloncesto Dominicano, nuestros jugadores, entrenadores y nuestra Selecci?n Nacional. El basket nos Une!!!

links are in spanish.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
            dominican newspaper, sorry I didnt link it, i was in a news rush

links are in spanish.
            “pienso que los puertorriqueños están rabiosos y celosos, porque le dimos una pela las dos veces que jugamos contra ellos en los dos partidos de fogueo”.

Hahaha what a dumass comment. They must feel pretty confident about beating a rican team practically naked at the forward and center positions. Lets see what Villanueva has to say when they face a team with Vasallo, Ramos, Santiago, and Reyes. Saying we have envy and are mad at them for beating an incomplete team is whack. Keep your mouth shut Villanueva, you look smarter that way.
            Originally posted by J-Mart
            the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
            sigpic

Comment

Is Ariza a legit NT player for the Dominican Republic? If ever, is he allowed? He's a dual citizen right?
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                Is Ariza a legit NT player for the Dominican Republic? If ever, is he allowed? He's a dual citizen right?
                Yes and US called him for Training camp with the dream team

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  I think he is a grandson ut im not sure
                  sigpic

Comment

the Dominican Federation signed some dominican lawyers with license in Puerto Rico in a last attempt to prove Charlie Villanueva's origins, bla bla bla blah Blah blah blah blaaaah

sigpic

Comment

its really funny to see how some Americas teams are struggling to enroll players with CLEAR nation connections... while across the oceans in Africa and Asia teams are playing with many players with NO connection whatsoever....

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
                        its really funny to see how some Americas teams are struggling to enroll players with CLEAR nation connections... while across the oceans in Africa and Asia teams are playing with many players with NO connection whatsoever....
                        With the exception of maybe Argentina... every basketball federation in latinamerica sucks big time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
                          LOL, if you put it that way, yes it IS funny.

Comment

DOM – Wild-Card hopeful Horford wants to play in Turkey

ATLANTA (2010 FIBA World Championship) – Dominican Republic center Al Horford would like to represent his country again next year if the national team receives one of four wild cards to play at the FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

The Dominicans had hoped to qualify directly for the event but they were upset by Canada in the Quarter-Finals at the FIBA Americas Championship in San Juan, Puerto Rico, this summer.

The FIBA Central Board will announce the wild card recipients at a meeting of their central board in Istanbul next month.

When asked if he would play, Atlanta Hawks star Horford told ESPNdeportes: "Well that depends. I know that is a very big obligation and takes a lot of time. Provided that my team (Atlanta) doesn't have a problem with me playing, I would go and play."

The 2.08m Horford averaged 14 points, 10.2 rebounds and one block per contest.

The 23-year-old is averaging 12.9 points, 10 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game in the NBA for Atlanta.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Potentially big news here:
                              Musselman to Coach Dominican Team After All - May 11, 2010 - AllVoices.Com, by Sam Amico

...It appears Eric Musselman will accept the job as Dominican Republic national team coach, after all. The former NBA coach was set to turn down the offer, mainly because of his responsibilities with the Adidas Nations basketball camps. However, Dominican officials are making it possible for Musselman to coach around the camps. Official word is expected within the next few days....
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Eric Musselman IS THE NEW COACH OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC NATIONAL

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                                Potentially big news here:
                                it is official now

OFFICIAL: Eric Musselman IS THE NEW LEADER OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC NATIONAL SENIOR SELECTION.

As we Announced on May 5 [See footnote] the former NBA coach Eric Musselmann, Was named Tuesday as coach of the National Senior Men's Basketball in the Dominican Republic.

The Dominican Federation of Basketball (FEDOMBAL) sent an official document confirming the naming after the refusal of Scotch Roth to coach the team agian, Among the other candidates that were weighted by The Dominican Federation of Basketball (FEDOMBAL) were Herb Brown, Eric P. Brown, Eric P. Musselman and Nick Nurse.

These weights were made by the technical advisor of the national team, Hector Baez, who also did the work of identification and evaluation of the strategists, and then conclude that Musselman is the best interest of the National Selected majors with a view ta the next Centrobaske held in Santo Domingo from 5 to 11 July.

The conditions that should and must meet the chosen coach are:1- Quality: so you can keep the Olympic cycle, 2-Ability to be on time throughout the training, 4-who can give confidence to all players, 4-Ability to contribute to the Academy of Coaching the Fedombal.

He also has to have links with the NBA to help with communication and permits Dominicans participating in this league to play for the National team, and be available to the economic possibilities of the Fedombal for the coaching job, ranging from 7 to $ 10,000.

Musselman Experience

Musselman led the Golden State Warriors 2002-03 season, finishing with a record from 2003 to 1904 (38-44) (37-45). In 2006 a replacement for Rick Adelman with the Sacramento Kings where he had record of (33-49).

The reputable 46 year old coach worked in the CBA in its beginnings as a strategist, also coach for the University of San Diego where he earned the best record (24-6) in franchise history in 1986-87.

Musselman graduated with former national team coach Scott Roth in Breckville College in Ohio.

He has also worked as a basketball analyst in the prestigious Fox and ESPN.

Source:http://translate.google.com/translat...en-US:official

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information