Indian Basketball: Total Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Being in the States to develop his skills from now (if he's 15-16) is a big plus... If he gets the best coaching and training he surely could someday become an NBA player....
    Just imagine if both he and the Bhullar brothers decide to all suit up and play for the Indian NT (That's 3 legitimate players above 7 feet on the team )
    Satnam Singh Bhamara is 15 years old and 7-feet tall -- -Dunkin' it hard!

Comment

Originally posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
      Satnam Singh Bhamara is 15 years old and 7-feet tall -- -Dunkin' it hard!
      http://uspresswire.com/sets/98636
      I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing this dude is 15; look at this picture, he's totally buff.

When I was 15, I could use my arm to pick the food out of my teeth.
      Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

Indian-Canadian Bhullar joins Xavier. Too bad India does not allow two passport holders in the national-team. Gone are Bhullar, Sharda among others.

I from Wisconsin!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Indian Senior Men & Women called for National Coaching camps

The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) has called up probables for Indian Senior National Men and Women’s teams for National Coaching camps in New Delhi from May 20th at the Indira Gandhi Sports Complex. The camps will help to decide while players will take part in two crucial FIBA Asia Championships later in this year.

List of probables for Senior Men’s team

The following players have been selected as probables for the Indian Senior Men’s Basketball team for participation in the 26th FIBA Asia Championship for Men to be held in Wuhan, China from September 15-25, 2011. The 1st National Coaching camp in preparation for the above mentioned tournament will be held from May 20th, 2011 – June 19th, 2011.

Yadwinder Singh (Indian Railway)
          Vishesh Bhriguvanshi (Indian Railway)
          Prakash Mishra (Indian Railway)
          Arjun Singh (Indian Railway)
          Shadab Khan (Indian Railway)
          Kiran Pal Singh (Indian Railway)
          Talwinderjit Singh Sahi (Punjab)
          Jagdeep Singh (Punjab)
          Amjyot Singh (Punjab)
          Hareesh Koroth (Tamil Nadu)
          Dinesh C.V. (Tamil Nadu)
          Abhilek Paul (Tamil Nadu)
          Trideep Rai (Uttarakhand)
          Riyazuddin (Uttarakhand)
          Sambhaji Kadam (Services)
          Jai Ram Jat (Services)
          Narender Garewal (Services)
          Ajay Pratap Singh (Chhattisgarh)
          Janki Ram Nath (Chhattisgarh)
          Eudrick Perreira (Kerala)
          Basil Philip (Kerala)
          Dishant Shah (Gujarat)
          Bobby Singh (Uttar Pradesh)
          Rakesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh)
          Arvind A. (Karnataka)

In addition, three talented junior have been called up to the camps by the BFI to train with the Senior Men’s team to prepare the future stars for a bright future in basketball for India.

Amrit Pal Singh (Punjab)
          Jaskaran Singh (Punjab)
          Komal Preet (Punjab)
          Last edited by Mr. Basketball; 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

If anyone's interested .. ive opened a Basketball Academy in Srinagar Kashmir and im there doing a three month coaching contract with a high school as well as operating clinics and a Mens League privately through my own academy.

Im posting most of the info on my Facebook Page:

Comment

Check out http://wnba.com front page.
              India native Geethu Anna Jose recently paid a visit to the United States to tryout for three teams: The Chicago Sky, Los Angeles Sparks and San Antonio Silver Stars.
              Video

BTW, Mr. Basketball, good job there. Hope you can develop some good players.

They need to call up Satnam to the NT, the kid is so big and can bang with the adults.
              aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
                Indian Senior Men & Women called for National Coaching camps

The following players have been selected as probables for the Indian Senior Men’s Basketball team for participation in the 26th FIBA Asia Championship for Men to be held in Wuhan, China from September 15-25, 2011. The 1st National Coaching camp in preparation for the above mentioned tournament will be held from May 20th, 2011 – June 19th, 2011.
                So that means they are qualified already without going through any qualifiers? This probably means no Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and so on in a qualifier, right?

I from Wisconsin!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Mr. Basketball, feel free to create a thread for the Men's NT in the Asia Championships 2011 Section and thank you for keeping us updated.
                  Sacramento Kings
                  HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• thanks ... ive created the thread and will update there. btw, India hasnt qualified yet for Wuhan, theyll have to go through a qualifier in Mid July, which will be held in Delhi. Afghanistan, India and Kazakhstan are the only teams which realistically can qualify in that zone.

Comment

• The Crane?

Just like to ask whatever happened to the 7'4 center who used to play for the Indian national team? I forgot his name. He used to play alongside S. Robinson and Trideep Rai.

Comment

• India's Senior Women's National Team in the Jones Cup

Also, India Basketball Federation have announced that the roster of the Senior Women's National Team that will participate in the 33rd William Jones Cup in Taiwan.

Geethu Anna Jose
                        M. Pushpa
                        Anitha Pau Durai
                        Smruthi RK
                        Bharti Netam
                        Prashanti Singh
                        Harjeet Kaur
                        Akanksha Singh
                        Raspreet Sidhu
                        Asha Hegde
                        Aruna Kindo
                        Kruthika Laksman
                        S. Kokila
                        Sneha Rajguru
                        Shireen Limaye
                        Sonika
                        Amruta Bhuskute
                        Last edited by CKR13; 06-29-2011, 07:18 AM.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Hello, I'm a basketball player of indian descent and currently live in USA. I would like to know who to contact in regards to playing out in INDIA this coming season. If anyone can help it would be great. Is there any websites with the coaches contact info....

Comment

• Originally posted by hoop4life View Post
                            Hello, I'm a basketball player of indian descent and currently live in USA. I would like to know who to contact in regards to playing out in INDIA this coming season. If anyone can help it would be great. Is there any websites with the coaches contact info....
                            what level are you talking about playing at? India doesnt allow dual citizens to play for the NT, and there is no professional basketball league.

basketball federation of india website is one place to get info ..

Comment

• Indian women's team beat s.korea 63-59 in william jones cup in taiwan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information