No announcement yet.

M. Lhuillier Basketball Team: The Giant Killer of the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this goes to show that PBA's game is slowly degrading. Even if it was just an exhibition match still any PBA team should easily trounce any amateur team. The problem lies within the league itself like constant changing of rules, emphasizing more on entertaining the fans instead of playing the right basketball (FIBA), overpaid players who thinks they're head and shoulders above the rest (amateur players), a commissioner who has no vision for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by ros View Post
      this goes to show that PBA's game is slowly degrading. Even if it was just an exhibition match still any PBA team should easily trounce any amateur team. The problem lies within the league itself like constant changing of rules, emphasizing more on entertaining the fans instead of playing the right basketball (FIBA), overpaid players who thinks they're head and shoulders above the rest (amateur players), a commissioner who has no vision for the league.
      its just like with the NBA, it kills talent but it sells the league. i remember the implementation of illegal defense which allows acrobatic players to show wares individually but it kills the essence of the game, to win games. players those times likes to penetrate inside and silently discourage shooting outside which starts the beginning of the downfall of USA basketball. eventually illegal defense rule was lifted to only defensive 3sec. violation. here in phils, our PBA players plays individually just to have more score which means more money!
      ​"i dont need your respect, just treat me well..."

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
        cebu basketball does not need your respect, Mr. TS. we know all too well your biases.

funny how PBA discards made mincemeat of your supposedly strong PBA teams and national team. we are certainly at loss for words, right? oh, so we'll just use the "highly-motivated-team" and "injury-conscious-team" excuses. how convenient that is.

with your bias, its quite difficult to accept that the ML is quite good by non-PBA standards.

moreover, since you brought it up, how can you say that slaughter won't be good enough for the ncaa/uaap when he has played just one OFFICIAL game against a UAAP team last year, a game he did good (16pts, 15rebs, 5 blks)?

why not look back a couple of year back... your cesafi mvp (quinahan) is doing better than your uaap mvp (bono) in the pba. so much for your theory that fajardo will be better off in a uaap team.

by the way, since when was the pba all-star all about winning and giving it all? it has always been for SHOW and will always be that way. no matter how you justify it, stats during that game wouldn't matter because for sure there are players from both sides who are "not motivated" and "injury conscious".
        Actually, to me it looks pathetic to keep using tuneup and exhibition games as justification that two-bit teams like M. Lhuillier are better than PBA teams.

In Tagalog, 'nakakaawa'.

If that is the only thing you can showoff as justification as to how "strong" your M. Lhuillier team really is, then why not enter the PBA team using the same team, 'aber?'

Instead of constantly showing off how good your M. Lhuillier team is in tuneup / exhibition games, let them play in the PBA.

I dare them. LOL.

Greg Slaughter, 16 pts, 15 rebs, 5 blks against UE? How about the 6'3" Elmer Espiritu grabbing 19 rebounds, and blocking two of his shots in the same game. That's the CESAFI MVP, getting creamed by a mid-level UAAP Power Forward, who is 8" shorter than him? LOL.
        Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

And by the way, I actually don't know what you mean by "TS". Either you are confusing me for someone else, or perhaps that's a private joke you keep waving around in your quest to convince people how good Cebu basketball is supposed to be.

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
            Actually, to me it looks pathetic to keep using tuneup and exhibition games as justification that two-bit teams like M. Lhuillier are better than PBA teams.
            i said that? c'mon, backread

If that is the only thing you can showoff as justification as to how "strong" your M. Lhuillier team really is, then why not enter the PBA team using the same team, 'aber?'
            you and i know that this will never happen. your tuneup game is actually the closest thing to simulating how ML will fare against PBA teams. unless ML will come up with a budget like the PBA teams, but even with a meager budget, it shows you how COMPETITIVE (note: i did not use "better") this team can become.

Greg Slaughter, 16 pts, 15 rebs, 5 blks against UE? How about the 6'3" Elmer Espiritu grabbing 19 rebounds, and blocking two of his shots in the same game. That's the CESAFI MVP, getting creamed by a mid-level UAAP Power Forward, who is 8" shorter than him? LOL.
            dismissing the accomplishments of Mr. Espiritu only means that you'd do anything - even short of downgrading an elite uaap player just to prove your point. let's not take away anything away from elmer espiritu. you and i know that he is one of the best players in the uaap. for GS, to come up with those numbers against a pbl veteran is an accomplishment. those 5 blocks? wow!

Comment

And by the way, I actually don't know what you mean by "TS". Either you are confusing me for someone else, or perhaps that's a private joke you keep waving around in your quest to convince people how good Cebu basketball is supposed to be.

LOL.
              TS actually means, thread starter. i dunno why my reply was posted here. it should've been at your thread.

Comment

MLKP has not dominated the liga this conference as they would have liked to. They have struggled with injuries and roster changes through out the conference and are only now finding their stride going into the finals. Their win here cannot be downplayed it shows commitment and sacrifice during this holy week. Likewise the most convincing win came against Red Bull at the end of the first Liga conference, when the fatigue factor had all ready set in. MLKP was truly playing on prayer and skill not by financial incentive.
                Last edited by Blackie; 04-11-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

It seems like rhk111 is full of BS, he could not understand about tune up game. Where do you put your brain? In Quiapo putik? You should be embarrass of yourself by keep saying the game is not a real match up. They played PBA team before, both team always take it serious, it is not a joke.

An individual talent when started from a young age becomes that more skillfully talented when they play more often.

What a deceit of a PBA team, when they are defeated by the amateur team. It is laughable, ha ha ha.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scoli View Post
                    It seems like rhk111 is full of BS, he could not understand about tune up game. Where do you put your brain? In Quiapo putik? You should be embarrass of yourself by keep saying the game is not a real match up. They played PBA team before, both team always take it serious, it is not a joke.

An individual talent when started from a young age becomes that more skillfully talented when they play more often.

What a deceit of a PBA team, when they are defeated by the amateur team. It is laughable, ha ha ha.
                    Tune up games are taken lightly in order to avoid injuries and altercations on the court. Its only used to gauge the ability of a squad after their initial practices and a preparation for their respective leagues.

Teams normally who take those seriously are usually the "dehado" when it comes to their basketball career. I wonder why Jojo Tangkay and Marlon Basco never had a fruitful career in the PBA, I bet you could figure that out.
                    you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
                      Tune up games are taken lightly in order to avoid injuries and altercations on the court. Its only used to gauge the ability of a squad after their initial practices and a preparation for their respective leagues.

Teams normally who take those seriously are usually the "dehado" when it comes to their basketball career. I wonder why Jojo Tangkay and Marlon Basco never had a fruitful career in the PBA, I bet you could figure that out.
                      you can also say the same for the cebu ninos. its their tune-up game in preparation for the liga pilipinas finals.

the game was hotly contested. it should've ended during regulation. however, both coaches decided to go into overtime.

the pba has the best players in the country. if you're in the pba, then you must be the best of the best. tangkay and basco can no longer cut it in the pba.

as what i've indicated from the start, ML is a good team not because its players are PBA-level talents but because its core has been playing together for many years under the effective system of alcoseba.

for those who haven't seen how ML plays, try watching liga pilipinas games

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                        you can also say the same for the cebu ninos. its their tune-up game in preparation for the liga pilipinas finals.

the game was hotly contested. it should've ended during regulation. however, both coaches decided to go into overtime.

the pba has the best players in the country. if you're in the pba, then you must be the best of the best. tangkay and basco can no longer cut it in the pba.

as what i've indicated from the start, ML is a good team not because its players are PBA-level talents but because its core has been playing together for many years under the effective system of alcoseba.

for those who haven't seen how ML plays, try watching liga pilipinas games
                        So meaning to say its in the system as a team not on the player's skills (unlike PBA ballclubs' individual plays). Do you mean Lhuillier squad is basically a better team w/ well-organized offense, smart execution of plays and more effective team defense thats why they upset some ballclubs in the PBA.

Comment

Originally posted by onono1 View Post
                          So meaning to say its in the system as a team not on the player's skills (unlike PBA ballclubs' individual plays). Do you mean Lhuillier squad is basically a better team w/ well-organized offense, smart execution of plays and more effective team defense thats why they upset some ballclubs in the PBA.
                          the problem with most pba teams is that they change rosters and even coaches too often. This ML team existed even before the MBA. Alcoseba hasn't been changed while the TNT franchise already had about 5 coaching changes.
                          Last edited by manu_bol; 04-12-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoli View Post

Kiss my as_.

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by asapa11 View Post
                              who plays on this team? what are their backgrounds?
                              Active Players
                              5 Woodraw Enriquez (G, 5'8") - Cebu Doctor's University
                              6 Jercules Tangkay (G/F, 6'0") - Southwestern University
                              7 Gerry Cavan (G, 6'0") - Cebu Institute of Technology
                              9 Stephen Padilla (G, 5'9") - University of the Visayas
                              10 Marlon Basco (C, 6'5") - University of Luzon
                              11 Mark Ababon (G, 5'11") - University of the Visayas
                              12 Danny Aying (F, 6'3") - Southwestern University
                              14 Bruce Dacia (F, 6'1") - University of the Visayas
                              17 Ariel Mepana (F, 6'3") - University of the Visayas
                              18 Rino Berame (C, 6'7") - University of the Visayas
                              32 Abby Santos (C, 6'5") - University of the Philippines-Diliman
                              33 Mike Dizon (F, 6'1") - North Florida University

Injured/Reserve Players
                              8 Jayford Rodriguez (F, 6'1") - University of the Visayas
                              13 Ron Capati (C/F, 6'4") - College of Saint Benilde
                              15 Ronald Bucao (G, 5'8") - University of the Visayas
                              23 Alex Cainglet (G, 5'10") - University of Cebu
                              -- Richard Ian Saladaga (F, 6'2") - University of San Jose-Recoletos

Head Coach
                              Hon. Raul "Yayoy" D. Alcoseba

Coaching Staff
                              Alfredo Enriquez
                              Lawrence Merced
                              Jay Ramirez
                              Mike Reyes
                              Lou Regidor
                              Ramon Alcoseba
                              Willy Generalao

Team Owner
                              Michel J. Lhuillier
                              Your pride, your passion . . . our cause.
                              One in Liga Pilipinas!

Comment

Originally posted by Liga Pilipinas View Post
                                Active Players
                                5 Woodraw Enriquez (G, 5'8") - Cebu Doctor's University
                                6 Jercules Tangkay (G/F, 6'0") - Southwestern University
                                7 Gerry Cavan (G, 6'0") - Cebu Institute of Technology
                                9 Stephen Padilla (G, 5'9") - University of the Visayas
                                10 Marlon Basco (C, 6'5") - University of Luzon
                                11 Mark Ababon (G, 5'11") - University of the Visayas
                                12 Danny Aying (F, 6'3") - Southwestern University
                                14 Bruce Dacia (F, 6'1") - University of the Visayas
                                17 Ariel Mepana (F, 6'3") - University of the Visayas
                                18 Rino Berame (C, 6'7") - University of the Visayas
                                32 Abby Santos (C, 6'5") - University of the Philippines-Diliman
                                33 Mike Dizon (F, 6'1") - North Florida University

Injured/Reserve Players
                                8 Jayford Rodriguez (F, 6'1") - University of the Visayas
                                13 Ron Capati (C/F, 6'4") - College of Saint Benilde
                                15 Ronald Bucao (G, 5'8") - University of the Visayas
                                23 Alex Cainglet (G, 5'10") - University of Cebu
                                -- Richard Ian Saladaga (F, 6'2") - University of San Jose-Recoletos

Head Coach
                                Hon. Raul "Yayoy" D. Alcoseba

Coaching Staff
                                Alfredo Enriquez
                                Lawrence Merced
                                Jay Ramirez
                                Mike Reyes
                                Lou Regidor
                                Ramon Alcoseba
                                Willy Generalao

Team Owner
                                Michel J. Lhuillier

what happened to Derick Montano?

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
                                -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information