No announcement yet.

Motiejūnas: Lithuania's next big thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Mo finally playing! Solid first game. 11pts, 5rebs, 4 assists in 20 minutes. Damn, if we could pack him at summer, I already see that mobile and agile frontline of D-Mo and Sabonis and both can shoot

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Seems like he will also get solid minutes.
      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• D-Mo is not playing lately. Boogie thing stole his poor minutes he had before. I'm thinking it could be the best for D-Mo to come back to play in Europe for 1 season. He would get all the love he needs now, he would surely have consistent big role and would establish his basketball skills and confidence. His last few seasons in NBA were really frustrating. He would benefit more simply playing in Euroleague at the moment, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Motiejunas is only a shadow of himself,what he was in 2015.Ofcourse its unrelistic to believe he will be same after such seriuos injury and so much time without playing.Once you return to europe very rarely you will have chance to return back to nba.Ofcourse that would be better news for nt.Because there will lots europe clubs that would agree to risk with Motiejunas injury history and let him play in eurobasket.Most of the nba teams wont risk with his back it was obviuos last summer.

Its becoming also obviuos now not signing with Rockets 32mln deal was stubborn brainless desicion.Rockets is one of the best teams this year,and Dmo sits and the end on the bench in bad team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
            Motiejunas is only a shadow of himself,what he was in 2015.Ofcourse its unrelistic to believe he will be same after such seriuos injury and so much time without playing.Once you return to europe very rarely you will have chance to return back to nba.Ofcourse that would be better news for nt.Because there will lots europe clubs that would agree to risk with Motiejunas injury history and let him play in eurobasket.Most of the nba teams wont risk with his back it was obviuos last summer.

Its becoming also obviuos now not signing with Rockets 32mln deal was stubborn brainless desicion.Rockets is one of the best teams this year,and Dmo sits and the end on the bench in bad team.
            To be honest he should fire his agent, his dad and himself. Thats one of the most stubborn worst decisions I have ever seen.

Comment

• D-Mo can play. He's crafty and skilled and you can't take away that from him even if he gets slower or less athletic. He just needs one thing- to play:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                D-Mo can play. He's crafty and skilled and you can't take away that from him even if he gets slower or less athletic. He just needs one thing- to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTLNdcsJhmU
                We all already know this
                Hopefully he will find his place again or he will turn out to be in a similar situation as Asik later, Motiejunas still has time but Asik could have left for Europe.
                Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• When you gamble ,there is a chance you might lose big time . I hope he understood the risk . So ,lets not feel sorry for him just because it did not play out the way he wanted . He will be able to live the rest of his life comfortably , no matter what . He will still be able to earn some more money out by playing bb for next 5 or so years too. And who knows ...
                  And lets not forget that all agents get percentages , so maybe it was more what DMo wanted than a bad job from them .
                  And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• I fully agree. Tons of american morons ask Motiejunas if our whole country is like that what is stupid itself (hey, wasn't Clipper's owner an american?) and Donatas who doesn't seem smart as well wonders how people like this can own the clubs (hey, how people like this made history). What would he say about Romanovas? I'm getting tired of a bullshit around a racism and around of what is not actually a racism is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                      I fully agree. Tons of american morons ask Motiejunas if our whole country is like that what is stupid itself (hey, wasn't Clipper's owner an american?) and Donatas who doesn't seem smart as well wonders how people like this can own the clubs (hey, how people like this made history). What would he say about Romanovas? I'm getting tired of a bullshit around a racism and around of what is not actually a racism is.
                      How is this not a racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        How is this not a racism?
                        Light one. At least not worth going it for the world. I also meant all this stuff generally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Shows' over. D-Mo signed with Rockets, eventually they came up with some consensus - 35mill dollars. Hopefully D-Mo will stay healthy, there are some conditions in the contract concerning his health.
                          Originally posted by Modis View Post
                          One season is fully guaranteed. Motiejunas will receive $8.3 million in guaranteed money this season, and then the Rockets will own a team option every July for the next three years.
                          Why did Motiejūnas end up refusing to report to the Rockets for this kind of money anyway? What was the problem with the Rockets? The $2.5 million he'll be getting to play in China this coming season isn't much in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Why did Motiejūnas end up refusing to report to the Rockets for this kind of money anyway? What was the problem with the Rockets? The $2.5 million he'll be getting to play in China this coming season isn't much in comparison.

I think that either he or his agent , or they both thought that he was worth more than this .So yeah , he probably should have taken that offer , and yet , he could still ended up where he is now .
                            So all of the sudden i think that Valanciunas has made a very good decision in signing the extension when he did, because he would probably would not get that kind of money nowadays, at least from Raptors , don't you think so ? In the beginning of the last season it was - oh , how great that we got him so cheaply . Then it was - we need to trade him ASAP . Still , Jonas will get every cent no matter what . Smart play Jonas , not very , Donatas.
                            And btw , he let it slip that he had made a mistake by not partaking in summer Olympics last year . No shit . Jasikevicius always treated playing for Nt team as a bargain to negotiate his new contract , it seems to me . It worked well for him too . Maybe i am wrong about it . But still - good tournament , such as Olympics , sounds much more better than " trained individually " .
                            Last edited by auris1; 08-09-2017, 12:49 AM.
                            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Can D-Mo be a real PRO again? Seems a bit lighter, more agile compared to what we saw in EB. Shooting touch is more adequate, he nailed like 9/9 FTs in this game. Career high so far in China's league:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Well he does look lighter, however Im not sure what to think. He is too unpredictible.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information