This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tesla View Post
    I would say that you would have to be very ignorant to think that Lithuanian and Russian language are the same. I listened to some Lithuanian commentary though and phonetically it does not sound too far removed from a slavic language... Anyway, the Russian language certainly did not die out in the former soviet countries as some people expected. In Ukraine it is spoken even more then Ukrainian actually. I've also heard that you will even find a lot of Russian speakers in Turkey these days.
    tourists
    The Lithuanian language is believed to be the most conservative living Indo-European language, retaining many features of Proto Indo-European now lost in other Indo-European languages.
    Lithuanian and other Baltic languages passed through a Proto-Balto-Slavic stage, from which Baltic languages retain numerous exclusive and non-exclusive lexical, morphological, phonological and accentual isoglosses in common with the Slavic languages, which represent their closest living Indo-European relatives. Moreover, with Lithuanian being so archaic in phonology, Slavic words can often be deduced from Lithuanian by regular sound laws.

<-link to video
    http://bit.ly/bg3272
    http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

• As you can see, Kemzura is not the best coach to have around. His tactics are a bit questionable and this reflected in today's game against Macedonia.

I think that he'll retire after this tournament. Who will replace him? There are several candidates:

* Tomas Pacesas
      * Rimas Kurtinaitis
      * Valdemaras Chomicius
      * Darius Maskoliunas
      * Robertas Kuncaitis

Kazlauskas is not coming back, Butautas and Sireika are also done.

I don't know much about those coaches except for Kurtinaitis. He is a strict coach, but he has a winner's attitude. He has been successful with Lietuvos Rytas, and even after Chuck Eidson, Mindaugas Lukauskis and Marijonas Petravicius left the team, he won LKL title against Zalgiris.

Then, he had a good season with VEF Riga, and when he came to Khimki Moscow Region, he led the team straight to the Russian league finals.

I think he's better than Kemzura and should replace him as the head coach of Lithuania national basketball team. Everyone works hard on his team, star or no star. Even if a star like Sarunas Jasikevicius would make a couple of turnovers in a row, Kurtinaitis would send him to the bench.

Comment

• So were any Eurobasket attendance records set in Lithuania?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
          So were any Eurobasket attendance records set in Lithuania?

Look,it was the very first time having 24 teams playing.
          So no records so far until 2013 to compare.
          And since it is still not in the press,so i guess we did not beat average per game or stmh like that too.
          Or maybe we do not have enough nerds to do the counting.
          But i would like to know how we did as well
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information