Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: Tallest players ever by country

  1. #21
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    10,620
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Yo Rik, I have attached below the list of 50 Tallest BBall players as per Eurobasket so there are some amendments to the list (example tallest Canadian player, tallest Italian, etc):

    http://www.eurobasket.com/over210.asp

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Popa is definitely Romanian, he only has Israeli citizenship because of his wife (and he played in Israel of course).
    In that case the tallest Israeli player is probably Guy Parselani (30, 2.17). Naharia's Robert Rothbart (22) is about the same height, but has quiet an exquisite history (has a US, Israeli and Serb citizenships...)

  3. #23
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldPettybone View Post
    In that case the tallest Israeli player is probably Guy Parselani (30, 2.17). Naharia's Robert Rothbart (22) is about the same height, but has quiet an exquisite history (has a US, Israeli and Serb citizenships...)
    Added

    @ Khalid80: Thanks for the link. I searched a bit and those Canadians they mention are all below 2.10, I don't know what was their source. BTW I pity a guy whose last name is Schwantz
    As for Italian Jon Harris some sources say he was born in Italy and say he played for that club Empedocle, but those facts aren't proved, nor is his height (he is more known as a wrestler, I'm sure his height became exaggerated).
    Last edited by rikhardur; 01-10-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  4. #24
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    10,620
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Added

    @ Khalid80: Thanks for the link. I searched a bit and those Canadians they mention are all below 2.10, I don't know what was their source. BTW I pity a guy whose last name is Schwantz
    As for Italian Jon Harris some sources say he was born in Italy and say he played for that club Empedocle, but those facts aren't proved, nor is his height (he is more known as a wrestler, I'm sure his height became exaggerated).
    Oh thanks for the info. It seems your sources are more accurate

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default amazing

    amazing

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    2,45???? OMG hard to believe that

  7. #27
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Added Martin Kohlmaier for Austria, Chris Christoffersen for Denmark, Predrag Samardžiski for FYROM, Hakeem Olajuwon for Nigeria and replaced Van den Spiegel for Yannick Driessen for Belgium.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  8. #28
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Added Antti Nikkilä for Finland, Yinka Dare for Nigeria, Pat Burke for Ireland, Joakim Blom for Sweden and Carl Herrera for Venezuela.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  9. #29
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Added Orion Garo for Albania, Armen Hovhannisyan for Armenia, Pavel Nickiporchik for Belarus, Lionel Mineo for Belgium, Panagiotis Koutsoloukas for Cyprus and Sergey Karaulov for Uzbekistan.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 02-10-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  10. #30
    Senior Member daniab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Added Orion Garo for Albania, Armen Hovhannisyan for Armenia, Pavel Nickiporchik for Belarus, Lionel Mineo for Belgium, Panagiotis Koutsoloukas for Cyprus and Sergey Karaulov for Uzbekistan.
    Are u sure that Armen is pure armenian ? because he was born in Lebanon and played here with Antranik but he's no more playing basketball.
    He's 2.18 !

  11. #31
    FB Connect SOLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malas1 View Post
    In Jordan, The tallest player is Jamal Ma'aytah of Zain club (214 cm) ...

    Salem Mubarak (205 cm) is the tallest player in UAE....

    The tallest player ever in jordan is mahmoud bassam (217 cm) not jamal ma'aytah ,

  12. #32
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO View Post
    The tallest player ever in jordan is mahmoud bassam (217 cm) not jamal ma'aytah ,
    As he retired already? I can't find anything about him on the Internet.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  13. #33
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Added Juan David Chang for Ecuador.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  14. #34
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    10,620
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    If i'm not mistaken Kimani Ffriend 211-C-1977 (Panteras) is the tallest Jamaican basketball player. I don't know if you guys can confirm this.

    http://www.latinbasket.com/Jamaica/b...?NewsID=195210

  15. #35
    FB Connect
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    hey,, you just forgot a tallest guy from indonesia
    Suparwono 242 / 7ft 11 in he play for amateur club in indonesia...
    due to frequent injuries, he stopped playing basketball.

  16. #36
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken Kimani Ffriend 211-C-1977 (Panteras) is the tallest Jamaican basketball player. I don't know if you guys can confirm this.

    http://www.latinbasket.com/Jamaica/b...?NewsID=195210
    Good call Khalid. Added him.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeGe View Post
    hey,, you just forgot a tallest guy from indonesia
    Suparwono 242 / 7ft 11 in he play for amateur club in indonesia...
    due to frequent injuries, he stopped playing basketball.
    Yeah I know about him, but like you said his basketball career is meaningless.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  17. #37
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Added Juan David Chang for Ecuador.
    Do you know more about this dude? He might be the tallest foreign-born Chinese ever (it's been mentioned here that his dad is Chinese-Ecuadorian while his mom is Russian). I can't find a picture of him though.
    aim low, score high

  18. #38
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    Do you know more about this dude? He might be the tallest foreign-born Chinese ever (it's been mentioned here that his dad is Chinese-Ecuadorian while his mom is Russian). I can't find a picture of him though.
    Page 5: http://issuu.com/hoydigital01/docs/s..._20_julio_2010
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  19. #39
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Actually thanks to FilWelsh in the other thread, this 6'11'' guy Joel Neri born in Ecuador might be the same height. He's also of Chinese descent apparently...



    What's with these tall Chinese-Ecuadorians..
    aim low, score high

  20. #40

    Default

    PHILIPPINES – Raul Dillo (2.20m)

    Is he really a basketball player? I haven't seen any information about him on internet?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •