Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iverson.A
    Omri Casspi- 20 years old, from Maccabi, plays SF, highly NBA prospect,
    probably the Israeli biggest hope for NBA, allready considerd one of the top young SF's in europe.

Lior Eliyahu- 23 years old, from Maccabi, plays SF/PF, very athletic, super dangerous for europe, but too skinny for NBA, also one of a few Israeli hopes to get to the NBA. Houston Rockets who have the rights on him are watching him very closely. Euroleague week 6 MVP with 42 index.

Ricky Rubio- I think he's 17? VERY HIGH NBA Prospect, comes from Spain, plays PG, considers the next Petrovic, don't show fear-playing against USA like a champion.

Zoran Arceg-don't know his age.. plays PF, one of Serbia's many talented players. From what I saw he's athletic with stable shooting. Don't think he's NBA metarial, but for europe he's highly potentialed.

Carmel Bouchman-17 Years old, plays for Junior Maccabi, plays SF/PF, big Israeli prospect, for his heigt he controls the ball like a PG, has a 3 point shooting, and he's athletic, will probably end in Maccabi in about 3 years if not, watch him in the NBA.

Danillo Gaillnary- 20 years old, plays SF.PF, very high NBA potential, will probably end up in europe because of his unstabled playing in the NBA and lack of chances. handles the ball like PG and he's 1.90 something meters.

Rubio is not the next Drazen.
    I think more like 2.08 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade
      From the top of my head Tepic, Shved, Casspi are not under 20. Not that it matters-i am just saying...
      Probably i wasn,t correctly expressed, i meant that guys which gave birth in 1988 and younger. But i really made a mistake. Nando De Colo's game against CSK VVS Samara so impressed me, that i forgot that he was born in 1987. So i replace him on Zygmintas Janavicius.

Comment

What about Sergio Llull? I think he has a great potencial. IMHO, Llull may rich NBA before Rubio, because Rubio does not score from any range.

Shved can't do something until Messina works in CSKA. Etore doesn't give chances to young russian players at all, and they just seet on the bench without playing.
        Last edited by felix_r; 12-06-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Casspi born in 1988. He could play in U-20 EC last summer, but Zvi Sherf took him to the israeli NT

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover
            SF:1) Victor Claver(huge progress in this season)
            When I'm looking to this--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dS5fDLdSxI I'm starting to believe that Spain will dominate in next decade (though I hope I'm wrong as Lithuanian and as European BB fan, first of all ). Such players as Rudy, Rubio, M. Gasol, Sergio Llull, Victor Claver (and other talents) mean a hell of a team. Maybe Balkan nations has most talents of all and I don't think that most of other countries will disappear from European BB map as well, but I doubt that any country could compete individually with these Spanish prospects, let's see if they can work as a team.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
              When I'm looking to this--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dS5fDLdSxI I'm starting to believe that Spain will dominate in next decade (though I hope I'm wrong as Lithuanian and as European BB fan, first of all ). Such players as Rudy, Rubio, M. Gasol, Sergio Llull, Victor Claver (and other talents) mean a hell of a team. Maybe Balkan nations has most talents of all and I don't think that most of other countries will disappear from European BB map as well, but I doubt that any country could compete individually with these Spanish prospects, let's see if they can work as a team.
              They really have unique pleiad of talents. Foolishly to argue with it. The most interesting thing for me, that Spain has so many foreign players in ACB, but it doesn,t disturb them every year to produce all new and new super prospects.
              I hope, one day will be an alike situation with producing of talented players in Russia. Unfortunately now,almost all russian talents smoke bamboo on the bench...

Comment

Spanish clubs in general always give many minutes to Spanish players, even if their potential is limited. There are only a few teams doing the contrary. Russian clubs used to do the same some years ago (especially during the 90s) and there were many Russian players aborad, which showed how Russian players were good. Unless the situation changes, players like Shved might as well rotten on the bench until they're 30.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

I didn't select players who are actually in NBA (Nicolas Batum, Konstantinos Koufos, Danilo Gallinari, Alexis Ajinça) or in NCAA (Nick Calathes, Luka Drca, Hackett)
                  I select players born in 1987 because of the next NBA draft.

Ante Tomic CRO - Gasper Vidmar SLO
                  Joel Freeland GBR - Dragan Labovic SRB - Henk Norel NED
                  Ersan Ilyasova TUR - Emir Preldzic SLO
                  Milenko Tepic SRB - Sergio Llull SPA - Nando De Colo FRA
                  Milos Teodosic SRB - Pau Ribas SPA

sleepers : Luigi Datome ITA, Vladimir Stimac SRB, Marc-Antoine Pellin FRA, Andrei Vorontsevich RUS, Ivan Paunic SRB, Jaka Klobucar SLO

Boban Marjanovic SRB - Miroslav Raduljica SRB
                  Omri Casspi ISR - Victor Claver SPA - Tim Ohlbrecht GER
                  Vladimir Dasic MNE - Marko Keselj SRB
                  Martynas Gecevicius LTU - Alexei Shved RUS
                  Stefan Markovic SRB - Nemanja Gordic BIH - Petteri Kopponen FIN

sleepers : Nemanja Bjelica SRB, Abdoulaye Mbaye FRA, Baris Hersek TUR, Joaquin Colom SPA, Artem Zabelin RUS, Vaty Ludovic FRA, Pietro Aradori ITA, Gal Mekel ISR, Luka Petkovic CRO

Georgi Shermadini GEO - Tibor Pleiss GER
                  Milan Macvan SRB - Pablo Aguilar SPA - Anton Shoutvin ISR
                  Vytenis Lipkevicius LTU - Pavel Gromyko RUS
                  Stefan Stojacic SRB - Edwin Jackson FRA
                  Diot Antoine FRA - Janavicius Zygimantas LTU - Dusan Katnic SRB

"sleepers" : Dogus Balbay TUR, Dimitriy Khvostov RUS, Miro Bilan CRO, Elias Harris GER, Nikola Markovic SRB, Stefan Bircevic SRB.

Donatas Motiejunas LTU - Tautvydas Slezas LTU
                  Jan Vesely CZE - Tomislav Zubcic CRO - Mario Delas CRO
                  Andreja Milutinovic SRB - Hristo Zahariev BUL
                  Roberto Rullo ITA - Nihad Djedovic BIH
                  Ricky Rubio SPA - Konstantinos Sloukas GRE - Nikolaos Pappas GRE

sleeper : Jakub Wojciechowski POL, Zisis Sakiropoulos GRE, Marko Ljujic MNE, Evgeny Valiev RUS, Bozhidar Avramov BUL, Bojan Subotic SRB, Vladimir Jankovic GRE

Dejan Musli SRB - Dejan Ognjenovic SRB
                  Branislav Djekic SRB - Carmel Bouchman ISR - Nicolo Melli ITA
                  Nikola Mirotic MNE - Alberto Jodar SPA
                  Danilo Andjusic SRB - Tomas Satoransky CZE
                  Augustas Peciukevicius LTU - Mirza Sarajlija SLO - Toni Prostran CRO

sleeper : Josep Franch SPA, Richard Grznar SLK, Lazar Radosavljevic SRB, Nemanja Nedovic SRB

Comment

considering that tall guys ussualy need some more years to develope, It could be that Vesely coud top that whole list in the next season. He was doing great in Slovan last year, while I didn't imagine he'll make the transition to higher level as easy as he did. Yesterday vs. Split he had just incredible feel for the game... some more natural muscles and you've actually got a new Dirk/Gasol type potential (and I never want to compare a potential to those two)- a tall guy with incredible motorical abilities, that unlike Skita, knows how to play... Slovan was incredibly stupid to let him go, while Olimpija's not signing him twice in the last 3 years span is a complete idiocy.
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Vladimir Dasic (PF 88), Elmedin Kikanovic ( C 88), Nemanja Gordic (PG/SG 88) and Jan Vesely (PF/SF 90) are also nice prospects. IMO Vesely is a huge one. He played great the last couple of games and it makes fun to watch him and Velickovic runing fastbreaks. They made it couple of times yesterday against Split.

Comment

Originally posted by felix_r
                        What about Sergio Llull? I think he has a great potencial. IMHO, Llull may rich NBA before Rubio, because Rubio does not score from any range.

Shved can't do something until Messina works in CSKA. Etore doesn't give chances to young russian players at all, and they just seet on the bench without playing.
                        Well, Rubio could be NBA player next season if he wanted and wasn't attached to Joventut for 2 more years, Llull clearly isn't yet ready and i doubt he'll ever be.
                        Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
                        You are a troll.

Comment

Regarding italian prospects, i'd say here's the ultimate list:

1987 - Luigi Datome (2.05 - SF - Lottomatica Roma)
                          1988 - Pietro Aradori (1.95 - SG - Angelico Biella)
                          1989 - Andrea Renzi (2.08 - PF/C - Benetton Treviso)
                          1990 - Roberto Rullo (1.95 - PG/SG - Benetton Treviso)
                          1991 - Nicolò Melli (2.05 - SF/PF - Reggio Emilia)
                          1992 - Tommaso Ingrosso (2.06 - SG/SF - MPS Siena)

The most talented in this pool is probably Ingrosso, followed by Rullo and Melli.

All players but Ingrosso are receiving consistent minutes from their clubs and playing good.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionGate
                            I didn't select players who are actually in NBA (Nicolas Batum, Konstantinos Koufos, Danilo Gallinari, Alexis Ajinça) or in NCAA (Nick Calathes, Luka Drca, Hackett)
                            I select players born in 1987 because of the next NBA draft.

Ante Tomic CRO - Gasper Vidmar SLO
                            Joel Freeland GBR - Dragan Labovic SRB - Henk Norel NED
                            Ersan Ilyasova TUR - Emir Preldzic SLO
                            Milenko Tepic SRB - Sergio Llull SPA - Nando De Colo FRA
                            Milos Teodosic SRB - Pau Ribas SPA

sleepers : Luigi Datome ITA, Vladimir Stimac SRB, Marc-Antoine Pellin FRA, Andrei Vorontsevich RUS, Ivan Paunic SRB, Jaka Klobucar SLO

Boban Marjanovic SRB - Miroslav Raduljica SRB
                            Omri Casspi ISR - Victor Claver SPA - Tim Ohlbrecht GER
                            Vladimir Dasic MNE - Marko Keselj SRB
                            Martynas Gecevicius LTU - Alexei Shved RUS
                            Stefan Markovic SRB - Nemanja Gordic BIH - Petteri Kopponen FIN

sleepers : Nemanja Bjelica SRB, Abdoulaye Mbaye FRA, Baris Hersek TUR, Joaquin Colom SPA, Artem Zabelin RUS, Vaty Ludovic FRA, Pietro Aradori ITA, Gal Mekel ISR, Luka Petkovic CRO

Georgi Shermadini GEO - Tibor Pleiss GER
                            Milan Macvan SRB - Pablo Aguilar SPA - Anton Shoutvin ISR
                            Vytenis Lipkevicius LTU - Pavel Gromyko RUS
                            Stefan Stojacic SRB - Edwin Jackson FRA
                            Diot Antoine FRA - Janavicius Zygimantas LTU - Dusan Katnic SRB

"sleepers" : Dogus Balbay TUR, Dimitriy Khvostov RUS, Miro Bilan CRO, Elias Harris GER, Nikola Markovic SRB, Stefan Bircevic SRB.

Donatas Motiejunas LTU - Tautvydas Slezas LTU
                            Jan Vesely CZE - Tomislav Zubcic CRO - Mario Delas CRO
                            Andreja Milutinovic SRB - Hristo Zahariev BUL
                            Roberto Rullo ITA - Nihad Djedovic BIH
                            Ricky Rubio SPA - Konstantinos Sloukas GRE - Nikolaos Pappas GRE

sleeper : Jakub Wojciechowski POL, Zisis Sakiropoulos GRE, Marko Ljujic MNE, Evgeny Valiev RUS, Bozhidar Avramov BUL, Bojan Subotic SRB, Vladimir Jankovic GRE

Dejan Musli SRB - Dejan Ognjenovic SRB
                            Branislav Djekic SRB - Carmel Bouchman ISR - Nicolo Melli ITA
                            Nikola Mirotic MNE - Alberto Jodar SPA
                            Danilo Andjusic SRB - Tomas Satoransky CZE
                            Augustas Peciukevicius LTU - Mirza Sarajlija SLO - Toni Prostran CRO

sleeper : Josep Franch SPA, Richard Grznar SLK, Lazar Radosavljevic SRB, Nemanja Nedovic SRB
                            Great list!

I would add to the list:

Sergiy Gladyr (Ukraine, 1988)

Enes Kanter (Turkey, 1992) (*I think his year of birth was faked)

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                              Spanish clubs in general always give many minutes to Spanish players, even if their potential is limited. There are only a few teams doing the contrary. Russian clubs used to do the same some years ago (especially during the 90s) and there were many Russian players aborad, which showed how Russian players were good. Unless the situation changes, players like Shved might as well rotten on the bench until they're 30.
                              Yes, we had good pleiad Russian players abroad. I remember that time. It was in the middle of 90,s...
                              Andrey Fetisov ("Forum", btw in this club he played with great Brazilian star - Oskar Shmidt. In that time Andrey was the KING of DEFENCE in ACB. Now we can see an identical situation with another Andrey. Andrey Kirilenko. And of course "Barcelona". But if say truth, he played there only four months.)
                              Sergey Babkov("Unicaja". In that time he was one of the best SG in ACB league. Unfortunately, we don,t have such strong snipers now, except only JR Holden ...)
                              Michail Mikhailov ("Caja San Fernando"; "Real" Madrid. During many years, he was one of the best centers not only in ACB league, he certainly was one of the best in europe.)
                              And i remember what i was so angry when Sergey Bazarevich returned from NBA (in 1994. His period there was very unlucky) in mediocre even on Turkish measurements club - "Karsiyaka". It was so suddenly for russian and european b-ball public, because in that time he was quoted as one of the best PG in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover
                                Yes, we had good pleiad Russian players abroad. I remember that time. It was in the middle of 90,s...
                                Andrey Fetisov ("Forum", btw in this club he played with great Brazilian star - Oskar Shmidt. In that time Andrey was the KING of DEFENCE in ACB. Now we can see an identical situation with another Andrey. Andrey Kirilenko. And of course "Barcelona". But if say truth, he played there only four months.)
                                Sergey Babkov("Unicaja". In that time he was one of the best SG in ACB league. Unfortunately, we don,t have such strong snipers now, except only JR Holden ...)
                                Michail Mikhailov ("Caja San Fernando"; "Real" Madrid. During many years, he was one of the best centers not only in ACB league, he certainly was one of the best in europe.)
                                And i remember what i was so angry when Sergey Bazarevich returned from NBA (in 1994. His period there was very unlucky) in mediocre even on Turkish measurements club - "Karsiyaka". It was so suddenly for russian and european b-ball public, because in that time he was quoted as one of the best PG in europe.
                                Those were great times for Russian basketball indeed. In fact I simply loved the Russian NT by that time with all those players and others (Kudelin, Karasev, Panov, etc, even Nosov).
                                Btw Bazarevich also played in Spain for Cáceres for a brief period of time.
                                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information