No announcement yet.

Top European prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the vid pohani! He sure looks slow... Blocks and intimidation seem to be his specialty as expected. Wonder how his shot and back to the basket game are.
    Zaragoza signed him as a long-term prospect and he expects to improve a great deal in the next two years.

On another note...

Germany’s Zipser Expects Tough Summer
    By David Hein

Paul Zipser is one of the leading stars of Germany's next generation of young talents.

And he will need to show he's one of Europe's top prospects this summer as Germany were drawn into a difficult U18 European Championship group.

The Germans will take on reigning champions Spain, finalists Serbia as well as Ukraine in the Preliminary Round.

The Heidelberg native captained Germany to a fourth place finish at the 2012 Albert Schweitzer Tournament, making the All-Tournament Team as Germany's leading scorer, third best rebounder, tied for best assist man and the second best shot-blocker in the tournament.

Zipser, who turned 18 in February, had a strong season at German ProA (second division) club USC Heidelberg, averaging 7.9 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 blocks while shooting 56 percent overall and 55 percent from three-point range.

With the German Beko BBL league requiring six German players on the 12-man game rosters next season, Zipser will most likely move this off-season to a top flight side, where he will continue his development.

The young player visited with FIBAEurope.com after the tournament.

FIBAEurope.com: Germany finished fourth at the 2012 Albert Schweitzer Tournament. What were your thoughts on the tournament?
    Paul Zipser: "We achieved our main goal of reaching the semi-finals. That's all that counts."

What is the biggest thing you and the German team learned from this experience?
    We are still young players and every tournament is important for our development. And a tournament like this is very important in that way, especially being here in Germany.

At the U18 European Championship, Germany have Serbia, Spain and Ukraine in Preliminary Round action. Tell us how you see that group and those teams.
    That is one of the hardest groups in the championship. We'll see. We're a good team. Spain and Serbia are a couple of the best teams in Europe. It will be tough.

What are your expectations going into that tournament?
    We don't really know each other that well yet. We just want to start the tournament strong. We haven't set any goals yet.

The last time many people saw you was at the U19 German NBBL All Star Game in Ludwigsburg in January. Tell us about your development in the past year or so.
    I have learned a lot, especially regarding the media and all the pressure around it. This year has been very important, very hard. I'm really happy about it. I finished my schools, the tournament, the new position in the team as captain. I've had to learn a lot this year. And I'm just trying my best.

When you start thinking about the future, what goals do you have in mind?
    I have to finish all my school first and then we'll see, in two or three months. I have taken all my exams but I don't know if I have passed them or not.

What is the biggest thing you have to still work on in your game?
    I think I have to be tougher and stronger. I have a lot to learn, just like any young player.

There are a lot of professional scouts at the AST. How is it for you playing in front of them?
    I looked around before the game and noticed some people I know, but I tried to just play my game and not think what they expect from my game.

You have received a lot of attention in the past year or so. How much pressure do you sense?
    I felt a bit of pressure here during this week at Albert Schweitzer. But it was not that hard to deal with.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
      Cedevita destroyed Barcelona and Real and finished only fifth with 3-1 record Siroki Senior, U-18, U-16, U-14 BiH champion once again didn't get invitation for this tournaments, while Spars got one despite they were behind Siroki in evrey competion

In italy Saric and Mavra once again beat evreyone, but situation with Saric is very sad. He agreed with club to go on loan to Zadar, made 2 practices with them, then KK Zagreb club board said he was only excused for 2 days. He doesn't practice with first team, while his coach says he left club and doesn't know where he is. He is with Zagreb juniors...club get diveded on half...lol....Most likley Saric and Zagreb have no future. He has option to break contract this summer

reports and highlights from Italy

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NIJTCDR/videos
      Do you mean that he can become a "free agent" without any transfer fee (i.e. money) to KK Zagreb?

Comment

• Nedim Đedović, younger brother of Nihad, signed a three-year deal with Barcelona.
        Is he as promising as his brother? Is he considered Spanish already?
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          Nedim Đedović, younger brother of Nihad, signed a three-year deal with Barcelona.
          Is he as promising as his brother? Is he considered Spanish already?
          he is more talented then brother. year ago nike gave him conctract, that's how big expectations are about him

still not sure for who he will play, it was almost sure he will play for b&h, but i read some new rumors he will with another bosnian omeragic play for spain. not sure how much those rumoura are truth

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Acording to "Sportske Novosti" Mario Hezonja send his papers to FIBA to break his contract with KK Zagreb and is moveing to Barcelona?
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Bosnian Emin Mavrić 1998. and Nermin Mavrić 2001. signed for Rimini. They were scouted by Italian menager Luciano Capicchioni.

Just this summer...those 2, Bosnian Edin Atić 97. to Madrid, Croatian Dario Šarić 94. Bilbao and Mario Hezonja 95. Barcelona. Whille Barcelona also wannts to bring 98. born Croatian center Sandro Antunović, Real Madrid wannts 99. born Slovenian Luka Dončič

This is realy geting sick.
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Luka Doncic attended Galatasaray's trainings in the summer of 2011. I don't know why Gala. didn't sign with him.
                Kristijan Nikolov,point leader of the U16 division B, is a good prospect. He is around 185 cm with good mobility and fundamental. He was playing for Galatasaray U16 team and studying at a private Turkish high school '' Başakşehir Burç Koleji'' in the last season. I don't know if he's still playing in Turkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                  Bosnian Emin Mavrić 1998. and Nermin Mavrić 2001. signed for Rimini. They were scouted by Italian menager Luciano Capicchioni.

Just this summer...those 2, Bosnian Edin Atić 97. to Madrid, Croatian Dario Å arić 94. Bilbao and Mario Hezonja 95. Barcelona. Whille Barcelona also wannts to bring 98. born Croatian center Sandro Antunović, Real Madrid wannts 99. born Slovenian Luka Dončič

This is realy geting sick.
                  Somebody commented in the ACB forum that Real Madrid was also very interested in Arapovic. xd

BTW Rasmus Larsen signs with Manresa.
                  All your top propects are belong to us, MWAHAHAHA

HA

Comment

• Originally posted by mbenga View Post
                    Somebody commented in the ACB forum that Real Madrid was also very interested in Arapovic. xd

BTW Rasmus Larsen signs with Manresa.
                    All your top propects are belong to us, MWAHAHAHA

HA
                    Arapovic (Cibona 96.), Lazic (Zagreb 98.)- Real, Mazalin (Cibona 97.)- Barcelona did not acept their ofers and stayed in Croatia and singed for our clubs, while Nikola Vujcic did not acept milion euro ofer for Dragan Bender 97. (Vujcic academy/Split) last season, but didn't wannt to tell name of club. also Bojan Nesic 98. from Serbia didn't acept ofer to go on try-outs for Caja

Imo, I'm reading on kosarka.si and eurohopes Slovenian Luka Doncic 99. to Real is done deal

Last edited by pohani komarac; 08-07-2012, 11:55 PM.
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Luka signed a 5 year deal until he reaches 18. Dunno, but honestly he is too young. Signing kids at 13 y.o. that's absurd.
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• eurohopes Milovan Draskovic ('95), to Barcelona. 6'11'' Montenegrin prospect leaves KK Podgorica
                        one more
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• and one more

B&H prospect 96 born 188 PG Ivo Garic from Nikola Vujcic basketball academy/KK Split will play for Gran Canaria

livnjak85 @ChristopheEPcom Ivo Garic '96 PG from Livno, BIH will play @ Gran Canaria
                          sad days
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Why sad?
                            BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                              Why sad?
                              Because majority of those players end up underdeveloped as opposed to the ones staying in home clubs. They are later, somewhere at the age of 22-23, only catching up with the ones previously considered as less talented players, that chosed to stay at home. I do imagine playing in youth cathegories in Spain can be beneficial for a Czech, Brittish... while as far as Croatian goes it's hard to imagine they'll benefit from better organisation and finances, while with the rest Croatian youth clubs, or in particular Dalmatian ones, are producing far superior results than Spanish ones compared to their number, without having to outsource their teams with the finest talents from europe.
                              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                                Why sad?
                                because not that our clubs can't hold our best players, but today clubs can't even hold kids. it's destrucion of our baskeball. + manny kids get lost in "unknown world" or don't get qualty playing time

barcelona signed evrything, but it looks not even abrines ands rabaseda will get PT. It's more strategy "better to sit at our bench then play for others"

and yeah..there's naturalzation problem...where spain and turkey are leading
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information