Filipino Ballers in the US...News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Barroca i'd probably agree because there are better guards... But Tiu? i think what he brings to the table is more than skill/talent inside the court so i say let him stay.
    sorry to disgree...drop them both sounds good for National Team
    [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      Barroca i'd probably agree because there are better guards... But Tiu? i think what he brings to the table is more than skill/talent inside the court so i say let him stay.
      IMO, Tiu and Barocca may remain in the pool but not in the final 12 in big tournaments. They are there only as reserves in case Casio gets injured. No more small ball for Gilas please. Banchero and a tall PBA guard would be good replacements for Tiu and Barocca in the final 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by seez View Post
        Game Time Jan 1, 2010 4.15 PM pacific time. Jan 2, 2010 8:15 AM Manila time
        aww fail..i just woke up..
        sayang..he might have a brilliant performance again that i was not able to record..hehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by logre23 View Post
          US NCAA D2 - Ryan Wheterell - 5'11 (California State University, LA)
          getting the minutes in D2 program.

9 Games
          28.6mins
          9.8pts
          3.2rebs
          2.4ast
          1.7stl
          1.9to

brother taylor is a reserve for D1 toreros

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-..._taylor00.html
          I thought this guy fell of the face of the earth. Good to see him back and I hope to see him play ball here in the Philippines in the near future.
          http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

Comment

• Tough game for Banchero yesterday. But his team got the win and that is what matters most right? I give some more thoughts on my blog.

www.asiabasketballupdate.com

twitter: asiabballupdate

Comment

• hmmm..... christian standhardinger issues?!?

huskerextra.com link

Steven M. Sipple: Doc Sadler's crew worth a look
              Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:30 pm

They say a football program is the front porch of a university.
              In Nebraska's case, it's also the living room, dining room and much of the kitchen.
              Perhaps I exaggerate. This much is certain: Husker men's basketball coach Doc Sadler understands his program's place in the world.
              "Basketball, to me personally, is the most important thing there is," he said. "But I also understand it's not the most important thing here until football season is over."
              As Nebraska's football season winds to a close, Doc just might have something brewing in his corner of the kitchen. The Huskers won their seventh straight game Saturday night, a 72-42 decision against Eastern Washington, to improve to 9-2. NU has an excellent chance to finish its nonconference schedule 12-2, what with three cupcakes coming to town before the Big 12 opener Jan. 8 against Iowa State -- another good chance for a "W."
              Would 13-2 snag your attention?
              "I do think it can be the best team I've had since I've been here," said Sadler, in his fifth season at Nebraska.
              Sadler especially likes his squad's chemistry.
              "Our closeness as a team has improved greatly in the last couple weeks," Sadler said.
              The last couple weeks? Hmm. That time frame just happens to coincide with the period during which talented sophomore forward Christian Standhardinger was suspended for falling behind in school. He announced Friday he was leaving the team, telling our Brian Rosenthal that lack of playing time was the central issue.
              It's no coincidence at all that Nebraska has played its best without Standhardinger. Yes, he's skilled and athletic. Yes, he's savvy and competitive. He averaged 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in only 17.7 minutes per game this season.
              However, those close to the program say Standhardinger tends to be selfish, and that's putting it mildly. His return to the team would've added more clutter than clarity. He would've mucked up the current chemistry. Based on everything I've heard, the split is best for both parties.
              Nebraska pushes forward with plenty to appreciate. If nothing else, this is a team worth checking out. You've already witnessed a certain toughness and resiliency, as the Huskers rallied from a 20-point deficit to defeat USC and an 11-point hole to topple Creighton. NU's victory against USC looks even better in the wake of the Trojans' 73-56 triumph against then-No. 20 Texas, followed by a down-to-the-wire 70-68 loss Saturday at No. 3 Kansas.
              Nebraska's best performance occurred last weekend, a 70-56 home triumph against Texas Christian. The Horned Frogs opened the second half with a 12-0 run to lead 36-33, but the Huskers never flinched.
              "We've had some adversity and come back from it," Sadler said. "We've not played well, and won."
              That's mostly because of chemistry and trust among players, intangibles that can hold a team together when life gets rocky in league play. Man, it gets rocky. Nebraska was caught in an avalanche last season, finishing 2-14 in the Big 12.
              The Huskers had too many young faces in key roles in a conference that supplied seven of the first 25 players selected in the NBA Draft.
              Those young faces lived to tell about it. They're better and stronger for it. How much better? I'd say 8-8 in the Big 12 is realistic. Nebraska hasn't finished above .500 in the league since 1999, when my all-time favorite Husker, Venson Hamilton, was conference player of the year and was complemented by Cookie Belcher.
              This year's crew has a nice inside-outside combination in sophomore center Brian Diaz and senior point guard Lance Jeter, a linebacker-sized athlete who can handle the ball and get to the rim.
              Meanwhile, Diaz is on the rise, Sadler said. The Puerto Rican has gotten stronger. He plays better in traffic. He's more persistent on defense.
              "I think only the players in our locker room, and the coaches, know how good Diaz can become," Doc said. "I think others have seen only flashes of it. ... You don't see guys at 6-foot-11 do what he does skillwise."
              Nebraska still isn't as physical inside as it needs to be to compete for league titles, although 6-11, 270-pound Christopher Niemann could help matters greatly if his knee holds up.
              Make no mistake, the 6-3, 222-pound Jeter is the team's glue. Sadler relishes having a starting senior point guard for the first time since Charles Richardson in 2006-07, Doc's first season in Lincoln.
              "I think Lance is why the team's closer and playing with more confidence," said Sadler, noting that Jeter remained strong even as USC was sprinting to that unsightly first-half lead.
              "Ryan Anderson tried to be a leader last season," Sadler said of the former Husker forward. "But with your real good teams, the leader has to be at that point-guard position."
              We'll see if Nebraska turns out to be a good team, perhaps even an NCAA Tournament outfit. The Huskers will be in a lot of close games. They'll have to do the "little things" well -- make free throws, avoid turnovers, play strong half-court defense, et al. -- to produce big things for the program and its patient fan base.
              Let's not get carried away. For now, let's just say the Huskers are worth a look.
              Reach Steven M. Sipple at 402-473-7440 or ssipple@journalstar.com.
              well, philippine basketball needs this guy. if he's got superstar complex or something (i'm not saying he has), then he may very well just go here in manila and he'll become the biggest basketball star this side of the planet. heck, he can even do abl and be the highest paid player in tony fernandes' league. pwede rin smart gilas + pba salary + endorsement income + hot chicks galore + celebrity status + party party time + movies + modeling = kaching kaching
              Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Brooklyn, N.Y. – Long Island University freshman Jason Brickman was named Choice Hotels/Northeast Conference co-Rookie of the Week in men's basketball on Monday. Brickman helped the Blackbirds to a pair of non-conference wins en route to claiming his first weekly league honor.

Brickman played a key role in a pair of road wins for Long Island over the holiday break. He averaged 14.0 points and 8.0 assists, while shooting 57.1 percent from the field and 53.8 percent (7-of-13) from three-point range.

Coming off the bench, Brickman scored a career-high 15 points and matched a personal-best with seven assists in an 89-82 win at NJIT on Dec. 28. He went on to play a career-high 32 minutes in a 96-86 triumph over Navy on Dec. 30. Brickman tallied eight points with six assists to help the Blackbirds build a 14-point cushion at the break and finished with a career-high nine assists and five rebounds to go with 13 points.

The 5-foot-10 guard has now scored in double-figures and distributed at least seven assists in each of the last three games, shooting 66.7 percent from the field and 62.5 on three-pointers (10-16) in that stretch. On the year, he ranks second among NEC freshman and sixth overall with 4.3 assists per game. He is also third in the league with a 2.24 assist-to-turnover ratio and is chipping in 5.6 points per game.

LIU (9-4, 1-1 NEC) returns to action at Bryant on Thursday, Jan. 6.

Comment

• UC Irvine 85, Cal St.-Fullerton 78
                  -Isiah Umipig scored 19 for the Titans.

Comment

• Jan. 5, 2011
                    St. Bonaventure 68 - AR Little Rock 55
                    Matthew Wright - 2 pts 2 rebs in 13 mins

UC Irvine 85 - CSU Fullerton 78
                    Isaiah Umipig - 19 pts 1 reb 1 ast 1 stl in 19 mins
                    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ankle breaker View Post
                      Jan. 5, 2011
                      St. Bonaventure 68 - AR Little Rock 55
                      Matthew Wright - 2 pts 2 rebs in 13 mins

UC Irvine 85 - CSU Fullerton 78
                      Isaiah Umipig - 19 pts 1 reb 1 ast 1 stl in 19 mins
                      A point per minute...

Comment

• Watch Chris Banchero Play

Watch Banchero today 12:30 PM (Friday January 7, 2011) Manila just started 8:30 PM pacific time SPU at Alaska Fairbanks

OPPS bad luck. he played well but fall hard. Just hope is not a serious injury.
                        Last edited by seez; 01-07-2011, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Where's Gian Chiu now?

Oberlin College 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Roster
                          # Image Full Name Yr. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown / High School
                          1 Josh Merritt Jr. PG 5-8 172 San Francisco, Calif. / International
                          3 Kyle Oblinger Fr. G 6-1 150 Boulder, Co. / Peak to Peak Charter
                          4 Geoff Simpson Fr. G/F 6-5 175 Simsbury, Conn. / Simsbury
                          12 Emmanuel Lewis Fr. G 5-8 160 Lambertville, N.J. / Solebury
                          13 Pat Bernhard Sr. G 6-1 175 Sleepy Hollow, Ill. / Dundee-Crown
                          20 Jacob Goldstein Jr. G 6-0 175 Evanston, Ill. / Roycemore
                          24 Trey Levy Fr. F/C 6-5 235 Stuart, Fla. / Jensen Beach
                          25 Mazi Farris Jr. G/F 6-4 165 Chicago, Ill. / Jones College Prep
                          31 Andrew Fox So. G/F 6-3 205 Tempe, Ariz. / Corona Del Sol
                          32 Derrick Sant Fr. G 6-1 165 White Lake, Mich. / Our Lady of the Lakes
                          33 Hal Sundt Jr. G/F 6-3 175 Rochester, Minn. / Rochester Mayo
                          34 Charlie Crawford-Silva So. G/F 6-3 165 West Hartford, Conn. / Hall
                          35 James Tompsett Sr. F/C 6-7 210 Chicago, Ill. / Middlesex (Mass.)
                          55 Danny Enright Jr. C 6-7 250 Novi, Mich. / Novi
                          Coaching Staff
                          Name Title
                          Isaiah Cavaco Head Men's Basketball Coach
                          Brett Nichols Associate Head Men's Basketball Coach
                          Mitch Gillam Assistant Men's Basketball Coach

Comment

• nice game for Stephen Holt today vs Loyola Marymount!
                            15pts, 3reb, 1ast, 2stls, 2/2 three-points, 5/5 free throws in 27 minutes

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
                            -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by seez View Post
                              Watch Banchero today 12:30 PM (Friday January 7, 2011) Manila just started 8:30 PM pacific time SPU at Alaska Fairbanks

OPPS bad luck. he played well but fall hard. Just hope is not a serious injury.

any updates on that fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post

any updates on that fall?

He got a knee injury hope it's a negative in the X-Ray. Will know the update tomorrow when they will play Alaska University Anchorage who is leading the GNAC standing with 3-0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information