No announcement yet.

Filipino Ballers in the US...News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Clarkson opens his regular-season NBA career with a three-pointer. Good job!
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
      Jordan Clarkson opens his regular-season NBA career with a three-pointer. Good job!
      How is he playing so far? Update please
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        How is he playing so far? Update please
        11 minutes, 4 points, 1/4 FG, 3 rebounds. Houston up by 16 at the end of the third.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Jordan Clarkson- 20 minutes, 8 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists..
          https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• St. Bonaventure Graduate Matthew Wright Joins French League’s Quimper
            Oct 27, 2014

St. Bonaventure graduate Matthew Wright '14 has signed a professional contract to play for Quimper in France's NM1 League.

Wright joined the club last week and made his debut in a 91-87 loss to Cognac on Oct. 25. He did not score but did have three assists in 14 minutes of action. Quimper is 2-4 on the season.

Wright, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Toronto, led St. Bonaventure in scoring last season at 16.3 points per game. He finished sixth in Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring as well as 10th in assists (3.2), seventh in three-pointers made (2.1 per game), first in free throw percentage (.861) and sixth in minutes played (34.9).

For his career, Wright played in 121 games and scored 1,037 points. He ranks 40th on the program's all-time scoring list. He made 156 three-pointers over his career, good for eighth all-time at St. Bonaventure. Wright averaged 6.8 points per game for the Bonnies' 2011-12 Atlantic 10 Championship and NCAA Tournament team.

Wright, who graduated in May with a degree in history, is the 15th St. Bonaventure men's basketball alumnus to sign a professional contract since Mark Schmidt became the Bonnies' head coach in 2007. Wright joins 2014 classmates Charlon Kloof and Marquise Simmons as well as Michael Lee, Zarryon Fereti, Tyler Relph, Jonathan Hall, Ogo Adeboye, D'Lancy Carter, Da'Quan Cook, Chris Johnson, Demetrius Conger, Chris Matthews, Eric Mosley and Andrew Nicholson. Nicholson was a first round NBA draft pick of the Orlando Magic in 2012.

Comment

• 17 Days to B1G Basketball: Aaron Craft's NBA Career Hits A Roadblock
              By Bryan Steedman  @crazytoledo on Oct 28 2014, 5:00a +

Aaron Craft, former Ohio State great, managed to land gigs for both the 76ers and Warriors summer league teams, eventually earning a training camp offer invite from Golden State. Craft had a solid summer league appearance thanks to his hard work and defensive prowess, but his offensive inability was still pretty apparent. Nonetheless, he earned the praise of new head coach Steve Kerr and got invited to fall camp.

There was some talk around the Internet about Craft being able to make the Warriors opening day roster, something I more or less assumed was completely out of the realm of possibility. Being relatively well versed with Golden State (they are my NBA team after all), the Warriors have been searching (and failing) to find a competent backup at the point for Steph Curry. The only problem for Craft was they brought in Shaun Livingston to backup Curry in the offseason and still have Nemanja Nedovic as a third string option. While Nedovic hasn't done much as a developmental progress, partially thanks to injury issues, he's also still under a guaranteed contract so Golden State has to pay him anyway and it's hard to justify holding a fourth point guard. Even more so as the team has had ties in the past to Seth Curry, Steph's younger brother, who seemed like an even likelier option if need be.

So it shouldn't come to a surprise that Craft was one of the players waived by Golden State as the season approaches. And to no surprise, Golden State will still essentially retain Craft to see if they can develop him while keeping tabs on him just in case.

Of course while the D-League is where most peopled expected Craft to end up, the timing of being waived is somewhat cruel in retrospect...

Yep, just days before being waived Craft was part of a tradition where the rookies were forced to dress in costumes and sing during Golden State's open practice. Not only did Craft have to dress as a bear while singing Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA," his costume was selected by former Michigan State star Draymond Green. And then he would go on to be waived before the end of the week.

Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by FARIDOON View Post
                St. Bonaventure Graduate Matthew Wright Joins French League’s Quimper
                Oct 27, 2014
                [12.
                The guy who i mentioned in previous post, that would have been willing to come to the Phil and PBA if he was paid decently, sorry it's the PBA loss
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Jordan Clarkson report card (NBA 1st game)

Not much was made of the significance of the first "Filipino" to play an NBA game since Townsend (hope got name right) 40 yrs ago, (note Blatche was not yet naturalised when he played for the Nets last season) . Jordan essentially played back-up to NBA great Kobe at shooting guard , his 1st assignment was guard 1st team all NBA shooting guard, James Harden so much for having time to warm up slowly.

Jordan is fortunate to be in the Lakers , i don't think he would get much PT if he played somewhere else, the Lakers are just desimated with injuries right now and are really rebuilding. Jordan got 5 pts from the line and 1 three. he had two nice assist. and about 4 rebounds. Considering the context that he was playing in such a high level of competition, i think Jordan would be a huge upgrade for the Philippines in the wing position , he's just so fundamentally sound and a much better offensive player compared to Norwood. He's got the same defensive and quarterbacking skill set as Gabe but can really create his shot if he went against weaker Asian and European defenders. He proficiency from three will be huge in the international game. I think he can average an efficient 20 pts if he played for Gilas. To me there isn't a current Asian wing who would be as complete as Clarkson. (that's how good this kids is)
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    The guy who i mentioned in previous post, that would have been willing to come to the Phil and PBA if he was paid decently, sorry it's the PBA loss
                    for sure next year he'll come to the Phil because he got some money
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

He's still not a total loss if he can play for Gilas. I didn't expect him anyway to play in the PBA at least not in the near future.

Comment

• Are you deducing this theory solely on the game you saw last night?

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                        Jordan Clarkson report card (NBA 1st game)

...considering the context that he was playing in such a high level of competition, i think Jordan would be a huge upgrade for the Philippines in the wing position , he's just so fundamentally sound and a much better offensive player compared to Norwood. He's got the same defensive and quarterbacking skill set as Gabe but can really create his shot if he went against weaker Asian and European defenders. He proficiency from three will be huge in the international game. I think he can average an efficient 20 pts if he played for Gilas. To me there isn't a current Asian wing who would be as complete as Clarkson. (that's how good this kids is)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                          Are you deducing this theory solely on the game you saw last night?
                          No, I've followed the guy's development over the last 2 years, was in Vegas to watch his summer league games, against quality defenders (NBA level) this guy can score and still be effective. Looking at the best current Asian Players Bahrami , Moon , I can see why Jordan has a more complete game than the 2. He's a better defender and quarterback than the two and i think he is as equally as good an offensive player. (the thing about his 3 point shot from NBA distance is he's getting it off the dribble creating space against NBA defenders, that's saying a lot. Additionally he get's to the foul line a lot as he is a strong slasher creating contact. So he really isn't a one dimensional catch and shoot type of player like Moon and he is much better ball handler than Bahrami

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            for sure next year he'll come to the Phil because he got some money
                            Not really, like any player you want to maximise your earning potential in your best years (early 20's) , spending almost a year in purgatory ( d-league) getting dirt pay is a hard ask for a player who can get paid elsewhere ( just ask Pringle)

BTW if Lutz and Lassiter were not offered contracts by smart Gilas & therefore could not enter PBA directly, they probably would not be in the PBA now

Comment

• Here is the thing given that most of the good over 20 year old fil-foreigners are FIBA ineligable. I doubt MVP or smart will offer decent contracts to these guys. The only fil -am ineligible player that i think is good enough for MVP to offer money to (after his NBA contract- 3 yrs from now) could be Clarkson.

BTW on Wright , yes i know some of you are assuming he's eligible. Not saying he's not , but for some reason someone in the SBP has informed him , he might not be eligible ! Go figure.

Comment

Not really, like any player you want to maximise your earning potential in your best years (early 20's) , spending almost a year in purgatory ( d-league) getting dirt pay is a hard ask for a player who can get paid elsewhere ( just ask Pringle)

BTW if Lutz and Lassiter were not offered contracts by smart Gilas & therefore could not enter PBA directly, they probably would not be in the PBA now
                                I mean if ever the next coach of RPNT invites him he has the money to shoulder the trip to Phils. If ever
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information