Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can be a danny siegle type of a player
    Originally posted by Alex07 View Post

De La Salle mum on speculations sought-after Fil-Am big man Keith Datu joining Green Archers this UAAP season

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6609[/ATTACH]

DE LA Salle's frontline is expected to get a major boost once the school gains an official commitment from Fil-American big man Keith Datu to join the Green Archers.

A 6-7 big man out of St. Joseph High School in Santa Maria, California, Datu is one of the most sought-after Fil-foreign players coming out of high school, reportedly recruited by top college programs like Ateneo, La Salle, National University, and San Beda.

However, news have emerged that the Green Archers have gained the inside track in the race to sign the Fil-American big man, who has drawn comparisons with former PBA MVP Kelly Williams of Talk 'N Text.

Speculations grew louder after Philippine Star sports columnist Joaquin ‘Quinito’ Henson, who is also one of the chief supporters of the Green Archers, posted a photo of him with Datu and De La Salle coach Juno Sauler.

But La Salle officials, including Sauler, refused to confirm or deny that Datu has indeed committed to the Green Archers, even if he has already been reportedly spotted attending the team’s practices.

Still, there is no question about Datu's value to any college team he plays for.

A coach who has seen Datu play said the Green Archers, or any team for that matter, will be getting a player with similar skills as Williams if they succeed in signing the big man.

“Datu is a Kelly Williams type of player. He can run, rebound, dunk, and score. He can also play multiple positions from 3 to 5,” said the coach who asked not to be named.

The coach is so impressed with Datu’s talents that he is convinced that another UAAP championship for La Salle is in the offing if he plays for the Taft-based school this season.

“Another championship,” said the coach, when asked what kind of boost Datu could bring to the defending UAAP champions.

Datu, who was born to a Filipino father and an American mother, led the St. Joseph Knights to the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Southern Section Division 4A playoffs after averaging 19.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game.

St. Joseph coach Tom Mott spoke highly of Datu in an interview with the Santa Maria Times last November.

“He has had several (NCAA) Division II scholarship offers. If he plays the way he’s capable of playing, he’ll have some Division I offers. Keith had a pretty good offseason,” Mott told the newspaper.

After Datu’s final game at St. Joseph, Mott said: “From where he was four years ago to where he is today, we couldn’t be prouder of him. Not only is he a great player, but he’s a great student and most importantly, he is an absolutely great kid.”

Follow the writer on Twitter: @reubensports

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...is-uaap-season

Comment

• here you go http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1LizFpbHdk

you decide if he is a kelly or a danny type of player
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
        here you go http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1LizFpbHdk

you decide if he is a kelly or a danny type of player
        Is he eligible for the national team?

how many foreigners and filipino-foreigners are allowed in a collegiate team? NCAA, UAAP, CESAFI?
        Last edited by toikins; 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM.
        Darling it's better
        Down where it's wetter
        Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• Originally posted by toikins View Post
          Is he eligible for the national team?

how many foreigners and filipino-foreigners are allowed in a collegiate team? NCAA, UAAP, CESAFI?
          Keith just like any other Foreign-born Filipino, may he be full-blooded or only part-Filipino, is considered eligible by FIBA for the Philippine National Team as a "Natural-born" Citizen if he could show he has a Philippine Passport before he turned 16 years old. Assuming he has a Philippine Passport but he gotten it not before his 16th birthday, he is actually still eligible as per FIBA for the Philippine National Team but he will be classified as a "Naturalized" Citizen and could play if there is no other player in the team also classified as a "Naturalized" citizen.

Currently, for both the UAAP and NCAA, there is actually no limit on the number of foreigners in a team but only one foreign player per team is allowed playing on the court floor. Have no idea on how many Foreigners per team is allowed in the CESAFI. But the NCAA has banned further recruitment of foreign players starting next year. Only Foreign Players who are enrolled in the school they will be playing for by December 31, 2013 will be allowed to suit-up this season and future seasons in the NCAA. The UAAP and CESAFI have still to make a final decision on proposals to also ban foreigners in playing in their respective leagues.

There is no limit on the number of Filipino-Foreigners per team in the UAAP, NCAA and CESAFI. But I was told as long as a player could present a Philippine Passport he would not to be classified as a Foreign Student.
          Last edited by nardy; 04-19-2014, 05:59 AM.
          LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
            Keith just like any other Foreign-born Filipino, may he be full-blooded or only part-Filipino, is considered eligible by FIBA for the Philippine National Team as a "Natural-born" Citizen if he could show he has a Philippine Passport before he turned 16 years old. Assuming he has a Philippine Passport but he gotten it not before his 16th birthday, he is actually still eligible as per FIBA for the Philippine National Team but he will be classified as a "Naturalized" Citizen and could play if there is no other player in the team also classified as a "Naturalized" citizen.

Currently, for both the UAAP and NCAA, there is actually no limit on the number of foreigners in a team but only one foreign player per team is allowed playing on the court floor. Have no idea on how many Foreigners per team is allowed in the CESAFI. But the NCAA has banned further recruitment of foreign players starting next year. Only Foreign Players who are enrolled in the school they will be playing for by December 31, 2013 will be allowed to suit-up this season and future seasons in the NCAA. The UAAP and CESAFI have still to make a final decision on proposals to also ban foreigners in playing in their respective leagues.

There is no limit on the number of Filipino-Foreigners per team in the UAAP, NCAA and CESAFI. But I was told as long as a player could present a Philippine Passport he would not to be classified as a Foreign Student.
            that's one ugly rule talaga..how i wished he had been recruited before
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Watch St. Bonaventure #24 in their upset win against Atlantic 10 leader St. Louis

Penetrator for drop passes ; long-distance spot shots. . .Plays that will fit into DDO system. . .

Comment

• Against Richmond. . .at 1:15 to 1:24 of the video . . .Look at one of the fan in the courtside what he is waiving when #24 knocked a triple. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post
                  Watch St. Bonaventure #24 in their upset win against Atlantic 10 leader St. Louis

Penetrator for drop passes ; long-distance spot shots. . .Plays that will fit into DDO system. . .
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Against Southern Illinois

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                      Jordan Heading
                      Slamming Jordan (take note he is only 17 at the time when this video was taken)

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                      Last edited by FilWelsh; 04-19-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        that's one ugly rule talaga..how i wished he had been recruited before
                        actually blame it on circumstances beyond our control .... its due to Filipino migrants giving priority to getting a New Citizenship for themselves and their children at their chosen new country rather than remain as Filipino Citizens while working as Permanent Residents in a foreign country. We all know the reasons why they did it.
                        LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                        Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• moving on... didnt someone mention that barefield visited the ph? if so, didnt anyone, outside of the schools, talk to him to get a passport?
                          WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                          SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• "Tweeps, i appreciate ur messages on Fil-ams. I went on a scouting trip last year & have 20 players on my list. I've seen EVERYONE u named... including all those in US NCAA Div-I. If they are eligible & good enough, why wouldn't I put them in the GILAS pool? " - @Coachot Coach Chot Reyes

http://www.pbadraft.net/#!filipino-ballers-college/c26

Comment

• Originally posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
                              "Tweeps, i appreciate ur messages on Fil-ams. I went on a scouting trip last year & have 20 players on my list. I've seen EVERYONE u named... including all those in US NCAA Div-I. If they are eligible & good enough, why wouldn't I put them in the GILAS pool? " - @Coachot Coach Chot Reyes

http://www.pbadraft.net/#!filipino-ballers-college/c26
                              Hoping this tweet would end all inquiries about these fil-ams.... Chot does his homework, he has internet access too...

Comment

• I know this is kinda stretch but fuck it, we need the height and genes! Obama is here! LOL
                                Ako si ma4ma before. Naging simple na lang po ako.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information