Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Turkish Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    Yavuz Gultekin, one of my favorites players of 2000 generation going to the States Next season.
    Big challenge for him, but I appreciate the new generation of players are eager to expand overseas although they generally don't find what they expected due to various reasons. He is not going to a random US High School. He is going to play along some great players. Immanuel Quickley-leading team is viewed as the top team in the region. He needs to crack the rotation there, but according to the report of scout.com, his coach is personally involved to his process after watching last year's European Championship and really like him. Players with great work ethics are always drawing advantages from the great opportunities there. I don't know Gültekin's character, hopefully he is one of those guys whose main focus is always on basketball.

http://dmvelite.com/news/2017-all-dmvelite-80-team-0

2017 MVP: YAVUZ GULTEKIN, JOHN CARROLL (MD) 2019 WING

Gultekin made a huge splash in his DMVelite 80 debut, tying for the event scoring lead at 12.7 points per game while putting together a head-turning all-around performance.

The 6-foot-7, 190-pound lefty from John Carroll displayed a relentless energy to go with nice athleticism, but also impressed with his offensive efficiency. In three games for Team Red he finished a robust 18-of-21 from the field (86 percent), leading all players who took at least 16 shots. His 18 made field goals also led all players.

In his best game, Gultekin posted 18 points on 8-of-9 shooting in a 54-53 loss to Team White, and followed it with 16 points on 8-of-10 shooting in a game against a Team Black squad heavy on perimeter talent.

“I made shots and I went to the rim hard with my right hand and my left hand - both of them, it doesn’t matter for me,” he said.

A native of Turkey, Gultekin arrived in the United States just over two months ago, and in his first workout with Mid-Atlantic Select Director James Lee, it was clear he was ready to work.

“You could tell he was tired, but his motor just kept going,” Lee said. “Even though he was tired, he was going going at the same pace as when he was fresh, because his motor didn’t stop, and then he had a nice skillset and athleticism.”

Gultekin played up on the MAS 17U squad this summer, and after some initial adjustments to the pace and athleticism of the American game, he looks like he’s made himself right at home. He should add an interesting new weapon to a John Carroll squad that already boasts Five-Star point guard Immanuel Quickley and Rutgers commit Montez Mathis.

“They are so good,” Gultekin said of his new teammates. “I feel like I’m at home. My teammates, we communicate with each other and it’s like a family.”

Old Dominion was the first school to offer Gultekin a scholarship in July, and Kansas State offered on Tuesday after word of Saturday’s performance began to spread. They certainly won’t be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567