No announcement yet.

Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he has i think has a good percentage, almost identical to the tournament MVP's Darius Adams with 54.2%, 2 pt and 50% field goal shooting.
    Last edited by Alex07; 10-01-2017, 06:25 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Watching full game videos of Austin in Europe (filmed last Junuary) and comparing his performance this month ( Champs cup) i see a significant improvment. this being his first year back to competitive basketball i anticipate Isaiah will only get better in the next year or so.
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        To me we should focus on the process for naturalisation, the next 2 months will be a time for lobbying to determine if we have the political appetite to naturlize in time for February, we have that period to confirm if naturalisation of Austin is right decision. Note were not deciding if he should replace Blatche, but if he should be added to the pool of available natuized players
        Agree , does the feb h&a games the 1st vs aus?

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
          Agree , does the feb h&a games the 1st vs aus?
          Yes...
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• I have a question, given that Chot has no appetite for big men that could shoot threes or someone that could compliment Fajardo and play as a forward.Do you think that Talk and Text's former import Joshua Smith (6'10, 300 lbs.,25 years old) will be a better option than Austin? both of them are young and have weight issues though.While Isaiah can play as a power forward and may have a better stroke outside than Smith, It is obvious that Smith has a better post game than Austin.Heck, even Junmar cannot handle Smith when he is in the paint.

Last edited by Alex07; 10-01-2017, 06:36 AM.
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• To me personally is there are fundamental requirements for "honest naturalization". I’m not really in favour of simply looking for the best available talent that money can buy. To some extent there has to be genuine desire to be “Filipino” and to live over an extended period in the country. Those to me while not legally required are fundamental “genuine moral” requirements. One of my roles in “another world” is to recruit for “extremely highly talented people” for literal naturalization. The process cannot be taken lightly and fundamental to the process is genuine desire to be associated (nationalism) and live in the country. You eliminate that and it becomes simply a process of “free agency and being a mercenary

Comment

• An honest survey of pinoy teenage athlletes will probably show that up to 90 percent of them would rather be american citizens and players. The other 10 percent are the ones who have no chance of meeting the family weath requirements for immigration. Filam athletes who want to represent the philippines are mostly the ones who fail to qualify in the more stringent american qualification trials. As blatche and other american ballers have proven, it is only the older ones who have known pinoys longer who are likely willing to make the citizenship decisions, when they are past their nba prime age. Sad but financially very understandable uncrossable naturalization barrier.

The far more realistic route is to look for poor but deserving teeners from africa who have a lot of well-mannered mbalas. Parents of poor 12-14 year olds may find that the philippines offer better financial opportunities for their baller kids than their countries. There are also a lot of young kids from central asian countries who would do better as centers and power forwards here than in their more soccer-loving countries. But somebody, say from milo or ovaltine, has to invite these guys in regular kiddie baller games here to be seen and evaluated for potential.

The bigger problem though is that pinoys have champagne tastes on a beer budget. It is factually impossible to attract 18-20 year old nba-caliber americans on a 100-300k/month pba player recruitment budget. More so when you have a lot of talented tiny local players willing to go the bl*wj*b route to that kind of money.

The most realistic option to get tall players is to wait for young fajardos from poor pinoy families to grow up. The other is to get the most talented high school ballers who failed the nba drafting cuts. The nba does consider a pba or nt exposure as a valid biodata item. There are still more than a handful of successful companies like chookstogo who can invite at least a dozen a year of these raw but talented youngsters to spend six months here as centers and power forwards in 3-4 pba invitational teams with junior gilas players for one conference. Or a brief international league series like the ones in volleyball. They will probably shame the quality of several pba teams. New coaches who can play positionless games have to lead such teams. These tall and talented boys will also be good for the local leagues as potential nt players can get to test their abilities against true power towers while they are still young enough. Young foreign boys will not stay if they do not have families or new good friends to stay with for six months here to act as anchors -- if this barrier gets lower, you get more naturalization candidates.
                Last edited by charmed; 10-02-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by charmed View Post
                  An honest survey of pinoy teenage athlletes will probably show that up to 90 percent of them would rather be american citizens and players. The other 10 percent are the ones who have no chance of meeting the family weath requirements for immigration. Filam athletes who want to represent the philippines are mostly the ones who fail to qualify in the more stringent american qualification trials. As blatche and other american ballers have proven, it is only the older ones who have known pinoys longer who are likely willing to make the citizenship decisions, when they are past their nba prime age. Sad but financially very understandable uncrossable naturalization barrier.

The far more realistic route is to look for poor but deserving teeners from africa who have a lot of well-mannered mbalas. Parents of poor 12-14 year olds may find that the philippines offer better financial opportunities for their baller kids than their countries. There are also a lot of young kids from central asian countries who would do better as centers and power forwards here than in their more soccer-loving countries. But somebody, say from milo or ovaltine, has to invite these guys in regular kiddie baller games here to be seen and evaluated for potential.

The bigger problem though is that pinoys have champagne tastes on a beer budget. It is factually impossible to attract 18-20 year old nba-caliber americans on a 100-300k/month pba player recruitment budget. More so when you have a lot of talented tiny local players willing to go the bl*wj*b route to that kind of money.

The most realistic option to get tall players is to wait for young fajardos from poor pinoy families to grow up. The other is to get the most talented high school ballers who failed the nba drafting cuts. The nba does consider a pba or nt exposure as a valid biodata item. There are still more than a handful of successful companies like chookstogo who can invite at least a dozen a year of these raw but talented youngsters to spend six months here as centers and power forwards in 3-4 pba invitational teams with junior gilas players for one conference. Or a brief international league series like the ones in volleyball. They will probably shame the quality of several pba teams. New coaches who can play positionless games have to lead such teams. These tall and talented boys will also be good for the local leagues as potential nt players can get to test their abilities against true power towers while they are still young enough. Young foreign boys will not stay if they do not have families or new good friends to stay with for six months here to act as anchors -- if this barrier gets lower, you get more naturalization candidates.
                  For this to work, you have to support not only the kids but also their parents.Perhaps provide free house,school, transportation and of course money.Usually,kids 12 or 13 years old will not go to another country alone.However, this may work to some countries who are in civil unrest or war torn.This might be their escape not only from extreme poverty but also from conflict and war. But if this will work, expect other sports other than basketball to follow this kind of recruitment, also expect people who will contradict this kind of recruitment. This way it will be a win-win situation ( i call this the Luol Deng route), you give escaping refugees a second chance in life and in return they get to represent their adopted country.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/152...-oath-filipino
                  Last edited by Alex07; 10-02-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• or we could simply overhaul our naturalization laws. apart from the legislative route, we still have the judicial and the administrative processes but both are very stringent and taxing on the part of the naturalization candidates.

this way, foreigners born or staying in the philippines for a number of years can easily apply to become ph citizens and avail of the same rights we have, except those rights expressly granted to natural-born citizens only, like running for president or becoming a supreme court justice.

we can adopt a mixture of jus sanguinis and jus soli in framing our new naturalization laws. congress can easily do that as that is very well within their powers.

Pros- racial diversity, improved genetic stock, revitalized economy.

of course, there are dangers when you open up the country to foreigners like that. one just needs to look at the ISIS scourge to get my point. a quick solution would be to simplify the process but elevate the qualifications so that only a select few can avail of it.

another solution is to make a cultural paradigm shift where pinoy men will be encouraged to marry foreigners. c'mon, you guys, who are OFWs in Africa and Eurasia. take one for the team and bring her home.

TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND BRING HER HOME- that should be the official POEA motto
                    Last edited by barok espinoza; 10-02-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      Watching full game videos of Austin in Europe (filmed last Junuary) and comparing his performance this month ( Champs cup) i see a significant improvment. this being his first year back to competitive basketball i anticipate Isaiah will only get better in the next year or so.
                      But the level of basketball in Europe is significantly higher than the level of competition in the recent FIBA Asia Champions Cup
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        For this to work, you have to support not only the kids but also their parents.Perhaps provide free house,school, transportation and of course money.Usually,kids 12 or 13 years old will not go to another country alone.However, this may work to some countries who are in civil unrest or war torn.This might be their escape not only from extreme poverty but also from conflict and war. But if this will work, expect other sports other than basketball to follow this kind of recruitment, also expect people who will contradict this kind of recruitment. This way it will be a win-win situation ( i call this the Luol Deng route), you give escaping refugees a second chance in life and in return they get to represent their adopted country.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/152...-oath-filipino
                        Australia got some players from Sudan in this way. We are a weak country diplomatically so I don't think this would work. Other countries can get even with us if we give asylum to their subjects. More developed countries like Australia can afford to do so. Plus lots of Filipinos are closet racists so recruiting kids direct from Africa can be difficult.

The best approach IMO is to open the PBA to foreigners who graduated from Philippine colleges and universities. That way they will be encouraged to settle here and earn a living.
                        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Zeke’s in for Gilas

Gilas head coach Chot Reyes confirmed yesterday that Isaiah (Zeke) Austin will go through the process of naturalization to become eligible to play with the Philippine national team in FIBA-sanctioned competitions.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            hope they include hardeman's naturalization process as well..
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Kuzma!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                                Kyle Kuzma!
                                Wait, he could be part Pinoy, he might be related to Eat Bulaga ex-host Leila Kuzma hahahaha lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information