X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players that we can have naturalized

These players can be good to be naturalized:

Randy Livingston
    Set NBDL all-time record of most assist in a game with 22 assists.
    But he's too old for it since he's already 33 years old.

Rod Benson
    Set NBDL all-time record of most rebounds in a game with 28 rebounds.
    He's now playing in Europe at SLUC Nancy in Nancy, France.

Morris Almond
    Set NBDL all-time record of most points in a game with 53 points.
    He's now playing with the Utah Jazz in the NBA.

Cheikh Samb
    Set NBDL all-time record of most blocks in a game with 11 blocks.
    He's connected to the detroit pistons.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

good idea man, but im not sure they'll agree, maybe more money on the table for them, i think so,

Comment

on a budget

the SBP is on a budget..hope we could find the best player for that certain budget
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

as long as those players would agree then why not? and for as long as it is within our reach. hehe
        ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
        ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Javala McGee

I recommend this guy, who is on the verge of being cut or making the line-up of the WAS Wizards. Great Hustle, strength and athleticism.

Comment

if we are on a budget, we will not get a good player to be naturalized without any reason. i mean, let's be practical. if you are not getting tons of money, why would you want to be naturalized? so, if we have monetary problems, we should get players who has a reason to get naturalized with money not the primary driver. are there imports with a Filipina wife? living here for a long period of time? has actual Filipino heritage but is not considered Filipino due to legal technicalities?
            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm
              if we are on a budget, we will not get a good player to be naturalized without any reason. i mean, let's be practical. if you are not getting tons of money, why would you want to be naturalized? so, if we have monetary problems, we should get players who has a reason to get naturalized with money not the primary driver. are there imports with a Filipina wife? living here for a long period of time? has actual Filipino heritage but is not considered Filipino due to legal technicalities?
              You are correct C2Hamm, let's add to this list players who come from the not "so-rich" African or East European countries as even though they might have monetary problems, they are looking for a fresh start where they can't find in their own countries.

But I must add, the suggestions given in this thread and other threads really show tremendous talent. But we must not only look at the stats, we must also look into the player's attitude and total character. Remember what we are looking for is a player who would be a "VERY BIG ASSET" to the team and not a "SUPERSTAR". We do not want to end up with a uncoachable player or a person who would be a liability in the locker room. Imagine if we get a player who acts like Lee Benson ..... it would be a disaster.

And please note we are actually looking for a player who is not really that old.
              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

I would just like to share a post of a frustrated Lebanese regarding the play of their naturalized player:

Originally posted by karim
                Hello my iranian and lebanese friends , last night i was watching a video of hameds performance in the asia championship final and i saw a few things that i did not believe until i watched the video time and time again ....go to www.youtube.com and copy paste this in the search box "Hamed Hadadi Ehadadi Against Lebanon" ...each time kamrany cuts into the basket it is true that he is going through our player(omar el turk)but theres always another player recovering on him so there is no point for vogel to go out on him also and leave hadadi open alone for the easy dunk ....bad defence from vogel ? ok how about the offensive rebounds and put backs of haddadi ....i know vogel is a bad defensive player but he could atleast box out.....1 last thing i know everyone will agree on , look when the score was 52-49 before haddadis put back and when the score was 65-59 before aidins put back .......twice vogel was running before these 2 players back on he fast break but went and stood outside insead of going under the basket to protect it since hes the center of the team ...i am sorry guys but it looks like vogel is the losing the game on purpose to me , this is besides the fact that he kept choosing threes and missing on purpose ....i did not want to believe this because i respect vogel for all that he has done for lebanon in the past and the kind of gentleman professional that he seems to be but it looks like Iran payed vogel to lose the game on purpose and before any lebanese(vogel fans) or iranians(basketball fans)attack me , watch the video and see for yourselves...vogels performance was not bad but unexplainable unless ofcourse he was payed money to lose the game on purpose ......
                Just a reminder, a mercenary is more susceptible to be tempted on "game-fixing" than other players.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Just asking, why did you consider these fellows to be naturalized anklebreaker? Do they have knowledge about the philippines? They have filipino friends or somebody who recommended them? There are so many younger, taller and reliable naturalization candidates available in america, europe and africa. Maybe you know them personally. Why did you choose those players..
                  Last edited by onono1; 10-15-2008, 02:46 AM.

Comment

by the way .... don't get me wrong. I am not against getting Naturalized Players. It is in the FIBA rules that it's allowed. I'm all for it as it would be a very big boost to our National Team especially he really get the right one that fits well with the rest of the team.

But I am more inclined that we intensify our search for young talented basketball players in the provinces and overseas. In the Pangasinan, Cagayan and Mindanao, we are now discovering youths with extreme heights. As we know it, Filipinos are everywhere in the world .... afterall Filipinos are citizens of the world. There is star that is only waiting to be discovered and could be developed more to become a much brighter star.
                    I do believe even though with it's population China has a big pool of talents, Filipinos overseas has such a pool even though we cannot match that of China's in term of number we might have a big number with a better quality.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

How about this guy who we initially thought was Fil-Am?

23 Ronnie Aguilar

Class: Junior

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

High School: John Marshall

Height / Weight: 7-0 / 250

Position: Center

Experience: 1L

2007-2008 (SOPHOMORE): Was the second big man off the bench until he made his first start at Minnesota (12/08)... In his second career start led the team with 9 rebounds on Jan. 19 (TCU)... Played in 24 games, starting 9 of them... A foot injury kept him on the sidelines for six games midseason... Had 26 blocked shots, including a career high of 5 against San Diego State (1/29)...Recorded at least two blocked shots on six occasions... Averaged 17.67 minutes per game, including a career high 32 against San Diego State (1/29)... Had a career night against Oklahoma Panhandle State (1/08) in which he had a career high 18 rebounds and 12 points to record his first career double-double... Averaged 3.92 points and 6.33 rebounds per game... Following his career high of 12 points, matched that the next game at BYU (1/12)... Pulled down 10 or more rebounds 5 times, including a stretch of three games in a row.

2006-07 (FRESHMAN): Appeared in 11 games for the Rams last season.

2005-06: Redshirted in his first season with the Colorado State men's basketball team.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played basketball, volleyball and football at John Marshall High School in Los Angeles... Was named team MVP and was a two-time team captain for basketball... Earned three letters in volleyball and one in football as a wide receiver... Holds school records for blocked shots, points and rebounds...Was an all-league and all-state performer... Led Barrister to the league championship in 2004... Averaged 25 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 blocks his senior year...Once posted a 28-point, 20-rebound, and 14-block game his senior season...Was named to the "Best of the Rest" list...Also recruited by Wyoming, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Cal State Fullerton and Miami.

PERSONAL: Born June 24, 1987, in Los Angeles...Son of Lilian Romero and Gabriel Aguilar...Has two brothers, Kivin and Jason, and one sister, Jasmine... Nickname: "Big Ron"...Lists He Got Game as his favorite movie and The Price is Right as his favorite TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by lovejones
                        How about this guy who we initially thought was Fil-Am?

23 Ronnie Aguilar

Class: Junior

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

High School: John Marshall

Height / Weight: 7-0 / 250

Position: Center

Experience: 1L

2007-2008 (SOPHOMORE): Was the second big man off the bench until he made his first start at Minnesota (12/08)... In his second career start led the team with 9 rebounds on Jan. 19 (TCU)... Played in 24 games, starting 9 of them... A foot injury kept him on the sidelines for six games midseason... Had 26 blocked shots, including a career high of 5 against San Diego State (1/29)...Recorded at least two blocked shots on six occasions... Averaged 17.67 minutes per game, including a career high 32 against San Diego State (1/29)... Had a career night against Oklahoma Panhandle State (1/08) in which he had a career high 18 rebounds and 12 points to record his first career double-double... Averaged 3.92 points and 6.33 rebounds per game... Following his career high of 12 points, matched that the next game at BYU (1/12)... Pulled down 10 or more rebounds 5 times, including a stretch of three games in a row.

2006-07 (FRESHMAN): Appeared in 11 games for the Rams last season.

2005-06: Redshirted in his first season with the Colorado State men's basketball team.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played basketball, volleyball and football at John Marshall High School in Los Angeles... Was named team MVP and was a two-time team captain for basketball... Earned three letters in volleyball and one in football as a wide receiver... Holds school records for blocked shots, points and rebounds...Was an all-league and all-state performer... Led Barrister to the league championship in 2004... Averaged 25 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 blocks his senior year...Once posted a 28-point, 20-rebound, and 14-block game his senior season...Was named to the "Best of the Rest" list...Also recruited by Wyoming, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Cal State Fullerton and Miami.

PERSONAL: Born June 24, 1987, in Los Angeles...Son of Lilian Romero and Gabriel Aguilar...Has two brothers, Kivin and Jason, and one sister, Jasmine... Nickname: "Big Ron"...Lists He Got Game as his favorite movie and The Price is Right as his favorite TV show.
                        Maybe we can naturalized like kid... He is young, coachable and can play in our country for 15 years and more. Let us not naturalized player that can only serve us 5 years.
                        CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Hey guys, my godfather is now starting to complain . He says stop posting foreign players we'd like to naturalize, go out, talk and make an offer they cannot refuse....

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
                            Hey guys, my godfather is now starting to complain . He says stop posting foreign players we'd like to naturalize, go out, talk and make an offer they cannot refuse....
                            free room on any flower group for 6 hours everyday!
                            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm
                              free room on any flower group for 6 hours everyday!
                              if that happens, i don't think he'd be able to rebound anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information