No announcement yet.

Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This early and while it may sound premature, i think Austin has passed the test, (tryout for naturalize player) , it will surprise me if the SBP does not pursue his naturalization process.

Note , we don't have anything to lose to start the process, if for some reason Blatche is better for a tournament , then at least we still have that choice to make (we don't lose the option to select Blatche)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• BTW Blatche will be 32 yrs old next year (2018) with his lack of conditioning , it won't surprise me if he signficanty slows down next year
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• I hope SBP is still scouting for other prospects.
        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
          I hope SBP is still scouting for other prospects.
          Nothing bad with scouting for more prospects, here is the thing though , for one to be reasonably consdiered for naturalization. Gilas has to try him out in a tournament just like they're doing with Austin. Thing is i don't know when the next possible tournament to tryout a new prospect will be (maybe next year na) , By that time it may be too late to naturalize the new prospect in time for when we need them (Feb or June home and away)

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            Not bad

Points 27
            Rebounds 19
            Assists 1
            Steals 0
            Blocks 4
            Efficiency +37
            Still this is only because his opponent is not tall.guys that are guarding him are just 6,3 and 6,5.
            But againts palestine which also have a good 7 footer import like obrien.he is not that effective.he almost cant guard orbrien with those fakes then quick jump shut.how much more if he played againts hadadi, yi,sue qui, koreas naturalized players which is also good..thats why im still not impres with austin.

Comment

• it would be hard to please everybody, but I think Austin is already a better prospect than Marcus.Andray is basically an NBA player who just went overseas for better pay and playing time.I think Austin is a diamond in the rough.Given more strength and muscle mass, I think he'll have a better showing and a better stat line.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Agree. Against Palestine he was playing hurt and the only legit big man that we have in this tournament.

For me again I hope SBP push for Austin naturalization.

As for Blatche parang benta yung huling laro niya sa atin versus China plus some attitude problem last SEABA ( like one week practice time )

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                it would be hard to please everybody, but I think Austin is already a better prospect than Marcus.Andray is basically an NBA player who just went overseas for better pay and playing time.I think Austin is a diamond in the rough.Given more strength and muscle mass, I think he'll have a better showing and a better stat line.

Comment

• Regardless if Austin cannot guard 7 foot centers in the post (a weakness) i think what he provides in overall defense (rim protection and mobility to hedge on pick and rolls) he is an upgrade from Blatche defensively. From a team defensive perspective his traits and weakness are easier to work with available local talent. You see we can put a local physical body on opposing bigs and have Austins length play help. You can't teach length. On offense he compliments local guard oriented play, Blatche doesn't
                  Last edited by analyzed; 09-24-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Regardless if Austin cannot guard 7 foot centers in the post (a weakness) i think what he provides in overall defense (rim protection and mobility to hedge on pick and rolls) he is an upgrade from Blatche defensively. From a team defensive perspective his traits and weakness are easier to work with available local talent. You see we can put a local physical body on opposing bigs and have Austins length play help. You can't teach length. On offense he compliments local guard oriented play, Blatche doesn't
                    If Austin can't be a fit for Gilas because of his strength and weight, I think we should try getting someone like Damian Jones if he will not be renewed by the warriors.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Regardless if Austin cannot guard 7 foot centers in the post (a weakness) i think what he provides in overall defense (rim protection and mobility to hedge on pick and rolls) he is an upgrade from Blatche defensively. From a team defensive perspective his traits and weakness are easier to work with available local talent. You see we can put a local physical body on opposing bigs and have Austins length play help. You can't teach length. On offense he compliments local guard oriented play, Blatche doesn't
                      This. Blatche isn't much of a rim protector. This is what Austin gives the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        If Austin can't be a fit for Gilas because of his strength and weight, I think we should try getting someone like Damian Jones if he will not be renewed by the warriors.
                        Watching the games of slovenia in the recent eurobasket, makes me wonder if SBP made an offer to anthony randolph before. unlike blatche he is not a ballstopper actually might be a better player than blatche on both ends, a better fit for gilas and could gives us a fighting chance against australia haha.
                        Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

• Randolph says he wasn't paid to represent Slovenia, and that he did it to get an EU passport so he can be assured of a continuing career in Europe. It so happened that he had the same agent as Doncic.
                          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• The Astana BC team was not a short team.They have a 6'8 power forward and Basically a 6'9 center at Alexandr Zhigulin, while I don't know if 6'11 Anton Panomarev is injured.Although they have relatively short imports, I don't think this team was lacking in size and Austin did a decent 17 pts, 18 rebounds and 6 blocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                              Randolph says he wasn't paid to represent Slovenia, and that he did it to get an EU passport so he can be assured of a continuing career in Europe. It so happened that he had the same agent as Doncic.
                              https://theundefeated.com/features/n...-championship/
                              Valid reason nman, thats why fiba is allowing 1 slot to give them (Anthony Randolph) the benefit of the doubt.
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I'm not questioning his motive, what I'm not sure about is that he didn't get paid hehe. Lots of American ballers have EU passports.
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information