Arnold van Opstal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arkuo14 View Post
    dlsu WAS a guard oriented team when Franz Pumaren was at the helm. Now it's his brother Dindo who's calling shots. I'd probably give Dindo the benefit of the doubt. after all, big guys like Mark Borboran, Elmer Espiritu, Hans Thiele and the much-improved Pari Llgas all came out from his UE stint.

i would like to see how things go with brian organ, norbert torres and arnold van opstal before i make my judgment. you can even include papot paredes in that list as well. if these four develop as well (if not better) that those 4 mentioned above, add in the guards of dlsu and we should be seeing something of interest. a power shift maybe? we shall see.
    I believe it's not just DLSU that's getting taller. Pinoy players are getting taller on average. Before, 6'6" players were more the exception than the rule. Now, almost every team has someone standing at least 6'6". Ateneo has Erram and Slaughter. JRU has that Montelibano(?) kid who is at least 6'7". Letran has Almazan who is about the same height. UP had Sison (and hopefully they can recruit another big man aside from Alinko). NU has Magat.

However, it is up to the HIGH SCHOOL coaches to develop these young guns. This is where most of their skills are developed. Coaches should teach them not just outside shooting, but also footwork and dribbling.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• so he is a legit 6'9?
      [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
        In 30 to 50 years time, children will be shocked to know that we used to have hundreds of children-sized players in collegiate teams.
        Heck I was even surprised on how SMALL the past RP teams are.. I'm talking about the pre-PBA years..
        Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
          so he is a legit 6'9?
          Probably a hairline below 6'8".

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
            Probably a hairline below 6'8".
            I see thanks for answering.
            Im looking forward of Greggyman and this La salle big guy(a real one)
            Imagine a 6'11 and 6'8(to be safe) it is an exciting match up.
            [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Lasalle had produced several talented big men in the UAAP, PBL, and PBA. 6'3" Noli Locsin, 6'6" Zandro Limpot, 6'7" Mark Telan, 6'6" Don Allado, and 6'6" Rico Maierhofer. I hope Arnold Van Opstal becomes the next King Archer.

Comment

• i wanna see the green wall in the next 2 years.

Comment

• Avo

Comment

• very athletic! i hope he develops an inside game and range

Comment

• fake........the court was adjusted to 8 feet........

Comment

• Originally posted by THEUSA View Post
                        fake........the court was adjusted to 8 feet........
                        that also what I will try to comment lol
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• seriously? the basket has been lowered?

Comment

• Originally posted by THEUSA View Post
                            fake........the court was adjusted to 8 feet........
                            If the rim was adjusted to 8ft, at 6'8, he would be able to dunk the ball without even jumping.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6pDCBI4VqM

Comment

• even EJ Feihl can dunk without even jumping with that goal

you guys still cheat even on videos? come on!

Comment

• the rim was probably around 9 feet to 9 and a half...A normal 6'8 would usually have a standing reach around 8'5-8'8...If the rim was 8 feet, it would really look very low whenever his under the basket...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information