Arnold van Opstal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paolylo View Post
    last time i saw him play was his senior year in DLSZ. he reminded me of a raw Japeth Aguilar. all he did was block shots and dunk. he may be too tall, too long, and too athletic for local basketball... but he was lacking in everything else. perhaps being in DLSU's Team B with everyone else DLSU is keeping developed his game.
    thanks for the prompt reply...
    does this mean, another JA in the making? anyways, he still young at 17. if basketball really in his heart then in 2-3years he will develop the basketball iq.

Comment

• don't forget CS...
      welcome back! lost kings of Asian basketball!

Comment

• Originally posted by RickyPBA View Post
        thanks for the prompt reply...
        does this mean, another JA in the making? anyways, he still young at 17. if basketball really in his heart then in 2-3years he will develop the basketball iq.
        D.O.B.-dec.15,'91 HT-6'7''-6'8''
        -shot blocker,has a mid-range game but he isnt that confident enough though.agile for his size,athletic(dunks w/ eased) .

Comment

• Originally posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
          D.O.B.-dec.15,'91 HT-6'7''-6'8''
          -shot blocker,has a mid-range game but he isnt that confident enough though.agile for his size,athletic(dunks w/ eased) .
          According to reports, he is already 6'9 and has added a little bit of mass...Can't wait to see him next UAAP season

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc51 View Post
            According to reports, he is already 6'9 and has added a little bit of mass...Can't wait to see him next UAAP season
            Looking at the last Team D pics of DLSU he indeed looks more developed physically. More toned to be precise, guess we an thank Dan Rose again for this!

With the trees growing alot in Taft lately will be very interesting to see the final lineup and the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by paolylo View Post
              last time i saw him play was his senior year in DLSZ. he reminded me of a raw Japeth Aguilar. all he did was block shots and dunk. he may be too tall, too long, and too athletic for local basketball... but he was lacking in everything else. perhaps being in DLSU's Team B with everyone else DLSU is keeping developed his game.
              Yeah you're right but what is more intriguing with this guy is he's well built compared to Aguilar..According to sources, he's already around 230 pounds and if I'm not mistaken, Aguilar was just around 190 pounds when he was 18...Possesing almost the same kind of athleticism and a more develop body, this guy might turn out to be a better version of JA but that is if he is given enough training and of course, a better big man coach...No offense to Tonichi...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc51 View Post
                Yeah you're right but what is more intriguing with this guy is he's well built compared to Aguilar..According to sources, he's already around 230 pounds and if I'm not mistaken, Aguilar was just around 190 pounds when he was 18...Possesing almost the same kind of athleticism and a more develop body, this guy might turn out to be a better version of JA but that is if he is given enough training and of course, a better big man coach...No offense to Tonichi...
                his personal trainer is Dave Brodett. Tonichi has problems with Ferdinand's development but we could not count out his effort into developing Parades, Andrada and Mendoza into better big men for DLSU.
                you know why I am happy

Comment

• DLSU is a guard oriented team IMO.. Reason for them in not having notable big men in recent years.. Exception for Maeirhoffer, though he is really a forward..
                  Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
                    his personal trainer is Dave Brodett. Tonichi has problems with Ferdinand's development but we could not count out his effort into developing Parades, Andrada and Mendoza into better big men for DLSU.
                    Ok..my bad

Comment

• Originally posted by eindhow View Post
                      DLSU is a guard oriented team IMO.. Reason for them in not having notable big men in recent years.. Exception for Maeirhoffer, though he is really a forward..
                      dlsu WAS a guard oriented team when Franz Pumaren was at the helm. Now it's his brother Dindo who's calling shots. I'd probably give Dindo the benefit of the doubt. after all, big guys like Mark Borboran, Elmer Espiritu, Hans Thiele and the much-improved Pari Llgas all came out from his UE stint.

i would like to see how things go with brian organ, norbert torres and arnold van opstal before i make my judgment. you can even include papot paredes in that list as well. if these four develop as well (if not better) that those 4 mentioned above, add in the guards of dlsu and we should be seeing something of interest. a power shift maybe? we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by arkuo14 View Post
                        dlsu WAS a guard oriented team when Franz Pumaren was at the helm. Now it's his brother Dindo who's calling shots. I'd probably give Dindo the benefit of the doubt. after all, big guys like Mark Borboran, Elmer Espiritu, Hans Thiele and the much-improved Pari Llgas all came out from his UE stint.

i would like to see how things go with brian organ, norbert torres and arnold van opstal before i make my judgment. you can even include papot paredes in that list as well. if these four develop as well (if not better) that those 4 mentioned above, add in the guards of dlsu and we should be seeing something of interest. a power shift maybe? we shall see.
                        I think I should've been specific.. DLSU hasn't had notable CENTERS in recent years.. With the arrival of Torres and AVO, things can change.. We'll see..

Comment

• LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                            WHAT A DEVELOPMENT! So the reports are true..

Comment

• Originally posted by eindhow View Post
                              WHAT A DEVELOPMENT! So the reports are true..
                              damn, that's definitely not just Cherifer he's been taking.

Comment

• The Age of the Midgets Is Nearly Over

What's more important is that Philippine colleges now are beginning to have internationally-sized basketball athletes in the UAAP. Just look at the size of Ateneo and La Salle players for Season 74. In 30 to 50 years time, children will be shocked to know that we used to have hundreds of children-sized players in collegiate teams.

Strangely, the PBA may be heading in the opposite direction -- it still wants to get smaller and smaller imports. Truly, circus entertainment trumps sanity anytime in the professional basketball world, just like when they paired the 7'7" Manute Bol with that 5'7" guy (I forgot his name) in the Baltimore Bullets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information