NCAA Season 85 (2009-2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaqmonster View Post
    The Dela Rosas will arrive on 18 June early in the morning.

Ellison was already given the thumbsdown by Frankie Lim for reasons he can only understand. If you will look at the lineup of the Red Lions this year and those who will join the team next year (Kyle Pascual, Art dela Cruz, Dave Moralde, Jesmar Villahermosa and JP Mendoza), you'd notice that there will be only 1 SG next year, i.e., Garvo Lanete.

And guess what? Ellison is a natural SG who can also play PG if necessary. Frankie Lim says he needs a shooter. Ellison is a natural shooter who can shoot from anywhere. I just can't understand why Frankie picked Koga over Ellison.
    Frankie Lim has been assured that these 2 graduating Red Cubs - Dela Cruz and Moralde -will stay on in SBC for college?

He should keep Ellison Maniego on standby as insurance just in case his recruitment plans do not materialize. Hording talent is now the name of the game.

Comment

• Frankie is really ..... never mind. I will have my say, when the results are out for this year's NCAA tournament.

As some have been arguing over at the other forums, Ellison and Koga play the same position, and yet Ellison is obviously much taller than Koga.

As for the Red Cubs, why no mention of Baser Amer? When is he graduating? Have we lost him already, this early? Good God.
      Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Ellison was already given the thumbsdown by Frankie Lim for reasons he can only understand. If you will look at the lineup of the Red Lions this year and those who will join the team next year (Kyle Pascual, Art dela Cruz, Dave Moralde, Jesmar Villahermosa and JP Mendoza), you'd notice that there will be only 1 SG next year, i.e., Garvo Lanete.

And guess what? Ellison is a natural SG who can also play PG if necessary. Frankie Lim says he needs a shooter. Ellison is a natural shooter who can shoot from anywhere. I just can't understand why Frankie picked Koga over Ellison.
        huh ..... what happened to Gino Soliman and Melo Lim? Are they not SGs?
        LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
        Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Ginno Soliman was a product of last year's LA open tryout. Frankie maybe favoring Ginno than Ellison.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
            As for the Red Cubs, why no mention of Baser Amer? When is he graduating? Have we lost him already, this early? Good God.

Amer is only an in-coming 3rd year student, which tells you how much potential this kid has.

He will be in the same recruiting class as Gotladera and Javier come summer of 2011 and, hopefully, they will lead and anchor the future SBC teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
              Frankie Lim has been assured that these 2 graduating Red Cubs - Dela Cruz and Moralde -will stay on in SBC for college?

He should keep Ellison Maniego on standby as insurance just in case his recruitment plans do not materialize. Hording talent is now the name of the game.
              This is the priority of the Red Lions coaching staff with regards to the Red Cubs that will graduate next year. Dave Moralde and Art Dela Cruz.

Comment

Incoming 3rd year RED CUBS:

5'10 Baser Amer

6'5" Chris Javier

6'4" Alfonso Gotladera

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                  huh ..... what happened to Gino Soliman and Melo Lim? Are they not SGs?
                  Ginno Soliman obviously has very limited moves. He was recruited by Frankie.

Melo Lim could not possibly be a shooting guard because he is only 5'6. Too small even for a PG.

And if Melo Lim is inserted by Frankie in the lineup next year, there will definitely be a big riot in Mendiola.

Comment

• very promising Baby Cubs

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
                    -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
                      Amer is only an in-coming 3rd year student, which tells you how much potential this kid has.

He will be in the same recruiting class as Gotladera and Javier come summer of 2011 and, hopefully, they will lead and anchor the future SBC teams.
                      Incoming Junior? And everybody was talking about Kieffer Ravena. LOL.

I hope the whole SBC organization moves heaven and earth to keep this kid in Mendiola.

On a side note: Red Cubs Coach Ato Badolato is perhaps one of the best Coaches of all time in terms of spotting talent at such an early level. He's been at it for at least two decades, and he is still going strong.

From the time of Franz Pumaren, to Benjie Paras, to JV Casio, all the way to now, he is still discovering a lot of talent. Baser Amer, Gotladera, Javier, this is the next generation of Ato's kids.

You could actually make a movie and name it like, "Ato Badolato and The College Basketball Star Factory".

Comment

Incoming Junior? And everybody was talking about Kieffer Ravena. LOL.

I hope the whole SBC organization moves heaven and earth to keep this kid in Mendiola.

On a side note: Red Cubs Coach Ato Badolato is perhaps one of the best Coaches of all time in terms of spotting talent at such an early level. He's been at it for at least two decades, and he is still going strong.

From the time of Franz Pumaren, to Benjie Paras, to JV Casio, all the way to now, he is still discovering a lot of talent. Baser Amer, Gotladera, Javier, this is the next generation of Ato's kids.

You could actually make a movie and name it like, "Ato Badolato and The College Basketball Star Factory".

RHK minor correction .... it was Dindo not Franz who is a Bedan. Dindo is the only Pumaren sibling who did not study in UE for his High School. Then actually Coach Ato started coaching the Red Cubs in the 1970s so it is not only 2 decades hehehe ..... he was even able to coach Joey Loyzaga and Mike Advani when they were still wearing short pants in Grade School. Back in the 1960's Ato was actually the Head cheerleader.

By the way with due respect to the other batches, IMOHO it is my batch's Red Cubs team which is probably the best of them all. hehehe

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                          By the way with due respect to the other batches, IMOHO it is my batch's Red Cubs team which is probably the best of them all. hehehe

Padre,

Who were the seniors, juniors & sophomores in that Red Cubs of 1982?
                          When did Teddy Monasterio become a Red Cub?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                            Padre,

Who were the seniors, juniors & sophomores in that Red Cubs of 1982?
                            When did Teddy Monasterio become a Red Cub?
                            Seniors were Magsanoc, Altamirano, Jocson, Buencamino and Cosico
                            Juniors were Pumaren, Esplana, De Joya, Manosca, Almeida, Wenceslao and Rosal.
                            Sophomore was Vergeire
                            Freshman was Paras

Unfortunately after we graduated, San Beda pulled-out of the 1983-84 NCAA but they still played in inter-school games and the inter-secondary. Teddy was a classmate of Benjie if I am not mistaken and in his Junior year he was elevated into the Red Cubs team.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Ginno Soliman obviously has very limited moves. He was recruited by Frankie.

Melo Lim could not possibly be a shooting guard because he is only 5'6. Too small even for a PG.

And if Melo Lim is inserted by Frankie in the lineup next year, there will definitely be a big riot in Mendiola.
                              I'll wait for that riot and see if anyone cannot stop Frankie from doing that.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• * I thought Franz was a former Red Cub? If not, well .....

* nardy, six, or half of those players eventually made it to the PBA. One became MVP (Paras), while it seems all became a member of a PBA champion team at least once.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information